Help me to understand please!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by PEPPE COTRUFO, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Hello everyone! What age can be this jacket? Would it be in Steerhide or Horsehide? Do you know this brand "Montgomery Word" ? I know it's American but I didn't have a direct experience before... I hope somebody wants to be so kind to tell me something about.. Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. ton312

ton312

That label looks to be early 80's era Montgomery Wards. Cowhide. This was right near the end for Wards, who declared bankruptcy in the early 90's when stores like Service Merchandise were becoming more popular.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    PEPPE COTRUFO, Zombie_61 and Monitor like this.
  3. Thank you very much!!
    But do you think it's a jacket of a certain value? Or is it something I don't know.. level cheap?

4. ton312

ton312

It’s not going to fetch much money but it’s a nice jacket if it fits. Jackets like these aren’t necessarily worth much money but can be valuable to the owner if the fit is good.

El Marro, PEPPE COTRUFO and Monitor like this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

Yep.

It is a beautiful jacket, in any case. Everything about it is just right.

PEPPE COTRUFO likes this.
  7. Thank you again really kind! Of course is really nice jacket! Just ask about the value, not for sale.. but because I collect them.. and wanted understand better if is something really remarkable or not.. anyway the my jacket really is this In New Pic.. For make post I take one almost the same from net..

Attached Files:

8. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Montgomery Ward wasn’t especially an outstanding store, sort of like Sears in the early days. But this jacket seems nice with decent hide and construction. I’d be super happy to own that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Montgomery Ward’s Windward would be the exception to that rule.
    One hell of a jacket!!
    B