Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! The hat IGNORAMUS strikes again!

First, I want to say a BIG thank you to all the great folks around here who answered my last "hat ignoramus" question -- the one about the Belgian fedora from Oviatt's men's store.

I'd be very grateful if you could come to the rescue again. This time, it's about the vintage Stetson hat below. These are the only photos I have of it, so ... by using them ... can you judge if this is a 1930s hat? Does the interior tell you? Or the shape itself? ** I'm hoping that it is from the '30s, but I can face rejection. ** :)

MVC-898S.jpg

MVC-899S.jpg

Actually it looks like a hat from WWII. The absence of a liner and the minimalistic use of materials suggest it is as such. That is what I would expect to get in a rationed society.
How wide is the brim and how high is the crown? The brim has a natural edge right? Better yet, is it my size? :p

Regards to all,

J

jpdesign

Vendor
The way the bow is tyed in the back of the sweat, and the size tag point to 40's, probaly later in the decade. Possibly early fifties. And with the brim width thrown in, I would definately say late forties/early fifties.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sorry Mark, JPDesign is right, late 40s- early 50s. However, to expand a little it isn't a WWII hat that JP suggested but rather a lightweight summer felt. Stetson often used just the stamped logo's in summer hats. Concur JP?

Art Fawcett said:
Sorry Mark, JPDesign is right, late 40s- early 50s. However, to expand a little it isn't a WWII hat that JP suggested but rather a lightweight summer felt. Stetson often used just the stamped logo's in summer hats. Concur JP?

Yeah I could live with that. :p I thought it was a label sticker not a stamped logo though. Now that I look at it on my flatscreen at home here it is clearly a stamp.

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy