Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help to ID a Leather jacket.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Hey, how's it going?
So I picked up this great jacket at a thrift store years ago. It's a dark brown veg cured leather jacket. The only tag is has is a very small one on the inside collar with a numeral three on the top, and CUIR VERITABLE made in france.

It's has two outside slash pockets, and two large inside pockets (about pint bottle size ;). It weighs a ton! it's abnormally heavy, I almost wonder if it's horse hide or some other animal available in France that weighs more than cow.

So, rockin cell phone pic,
05-18-08_0148.jpg

Outer pocket and button detail,
05-18-08_0150.jpg

Wearing. Next time I get a hankering to find out about jackets, I won't take pics at 2 in the morning. (where's that pint...)
05-18-08_0155.jpg

The Lining is quilted brown shiny nylon (guessing), with poly fill (probably.

Anyone ever run across something like this? I'd love to know the era, the style to me it's pretty 50's ish, but I don't know about the lining, where they using that in France then? Price would always be nice also, but we all know how pricing random stuff goes. Maybe the price of a modern version of something that looks like this?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice jacket. It reminds me a bit of the sort of jacket members of the French Resistance wore. It dates from the 40s or 50s.

Madcap72

One of the Regulars
Even with a nylon lining? It "feels" old when you wear it, it's pretty neat. Plus it gets looks, I guess the only leather jackets people are used to seeing anymore are fake, or from Wilson's. Not used to a patina I guess (all the high wear areas are polished smooth and glossy).

Anyways, Thanks for the Compliment, and the heads up!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
It does look French to me too.
Are you sure the lining is "nylon"..?
(if it were synthetic, it would more likely be polyester.)

...not an acetate taffeta, satin or some other oldy worldy lining.

Buttons look old. Not a lot of detail in your pictures, some better images would help.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925