Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

egalvan460

New in Town
I would think it is 20 years or little bit more. The font and style of the sweatband attached label shown changed in late 90's or early 2000's. The quality of the straw hats also worsened not long after that too.
Thank you! My guess was from around the 90s or 80s possibly

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
stetson1.png
stetson2.png

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Yes, it’s also probably a late 50s / early 60s hat, the Stetson “swoosh” crest on the liner is one of the end points of the vintage era where most of us take interest.

It is probably still a much better hat than you can get presently, just most of us go for older vintage hats.

Are you the buyer or seller? Folks might give different advice depending!

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
Thank you everybody for their comments, I think I bought a nice hat, I can't wait to receive it at home.

I have looking for similar hat in the net and I can't find anyone.

Regards

pacolizarraga

Familiar Face
Thank you everybody for their comments, I think I bought a nice hat, I can't wait to receive it at home.

I have looking for similar hat in the net and I can't find anyone.

Regards

marzony

New in Town
I am looking for your guidance on precise definition of the grey color in the picture below.

After searching and going through some threads on color comparisons here in TFL, I think the felt color in the pictures is light-medium grey. Reminds me of Whippet caribou gray or Art Fawcett Blue Smoke.

Last time I got medium-dark grey hat when I used these pictures to order my hat (which I don't think it is). Now I am about to order another hat, and want precise definition of the colour of this hat to ”get it right”.

If somebody thinks that he or she has a hat in this colour, pictures are welcome.

The picture collection is from a movie Party Girl (1958), if that matters.
Hats.png

I am looking for your guidance on precise definition of the grey color in the picture below.

After searching and going through some threads on color comparisons here in TFL, I think the felt color in the pictures is light-medium grey. Reminds me of Whippet caribou gray or Art Fawcett Blue Smoke.

Last time I got medium-dark grey hat when I used these pictures to order my hat (which I don't think it is). Now I am about to order another hat, and want precise definition of the colour of this hat to ”get it right”.

If somebody thinks that he or she has a hat in this colour, pictures are welcome.

The picture collection is from a movie Party Girl (1958), if that matters. View attachment 437885

Are you looking for a custom hat in that color or are you looking for a production hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner