Looking for hat information?

Discussion in 'Hats' started by D00R, Mar 19, 2007.

1. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I think I paid $75 for my Barcelona in pristine condition and I considered it a decent buy at the time...maybe 10 years ago. That blue one looks nice....a good fun, casual hat.

2. Yahoody

Yahoody Practically Family

Just an off hand observation on the photo. The vintage Rolex he is wearing is likely worth north of 10K even with the modern leather band down playing what he is wearing. Like the watch the hat is vintage chic. I like the look, both the hat and the watch are "well worn". Watch is easily over 40 years old. Hat is likely the same and should be easy to find in a local thrift shop or at a higher price, a vintage shop. Ebay :)

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  3. mgambuzza

mgambuzza New in Town

I recently purchased a Stetson fedora - brown, about 2" brim, but I am trying to identify the model. The band is black, identifying mark is Royal Stetson (I know - not that much to go on). I did find inside the band a tag that is 12-917-TF074582 7 1/2 R. Obviously it is a 7 1/2 size for my oversized coconut, but I was wondering if the other number have anything to do with color, model, date, etc. My first post, but not my first hat. Thanks in advance.

Hat and Rehat and deadlyhandsome like this.
  4. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Staff Member Bartender

Welcome to the Lounge, good to have you here. PC

5. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Photos may help; photos of the liner, sweatband markings, and the entire hat. Even after that, there are many models that are impossible to identify so don’t get your hopes up.

6. mgambuzza

mgambuzza New in Town

OK- took some pics to help identify. Thanks for any assistance.

Attached Files:

7. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Looks a lot like a Saxon to me. It’s a fairly recent hat in any case. Without additional information such as the box, a paper label with the model name tucked under the sweatband, a receipt, etc. you may never definitely identify this hat. Stetson didn’t mark the sweatbands or liners with model names on a lot of these hats and they made/make a lot that look very similar to your hat.

http://www.hat-co.com/perch//resources/f20-stetson-city-no-prices.pdf

mgambuzza likes this.