Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Luke, here is a similar Cap from Borsalino, not wool, hair felt!

http://www.google.de/imgres?start=1...&tbnw=153&ndsp=39&ved=1t:429,r:95,s:100,i:289
14884_f89.jpg

Lukeiswho

New in Town
I've found a few good sources for the first hat. Now I need to find a Homburg.

Can anyone recommend a good vintage hat store? (Near Phoenix or L.A.?) Or... does that even exist? I'd just like to try one on before I get totally obsessive about finding THE one.

Because right now, this looks like THE one... (But it's about 2 sizes too small)

101_7493__54120.1359399562.1280.1280.JPG

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
ahhh I tough size but they are out there. Before you buy something modern do some searching through our classifieds. I will do a quick search see what I can find

Lukeiswho

New in Town
Thanks brother. I was looking, but mostly sold stuff. There was a really nice green one that sold. From way back tho. 2+ years. I'll keep my eye out.

Lukeiswho

New in Town
Yes... I should explain. :) That cap has been through hell, and 10 summers in Phoenix, and lots of rain in other cities. It's stretched out like you wouldn't believe. It's very soft, and I wear it on the back of my head basically. So the lip/brim is essentially folded under. I have no idea how it fits at all really.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm this is tough. Trying measuring your head using cm. THere is a HUGE difference between the two sizes and I don't want you to buy something useless to you

Lukeiswho

New in Town
I have an old "stingy brim" fedora laying around. It was a cheapo thing purchased years ago. It's very firm. And assuming the size is anywhere near correct... it's a 7-1/4, and I can't get it down my forehead. It sits right about on my hairline. If that helps.

Lukeiswho

New in Town
I measured again. 23 inches on the nose. Looks like 7-3/8. Unless I can lose some weight.

I'll keep an eye on the St. Regis! That's not a bad deal. Thanks again!

Banky

One of the Regulars
Just as a useless tidbit, weight loss generally won't have any impact on head size, It'd have to be a fairly dramatic case. It's been my experience that weight really doesn't start to have any bearing on head size until someone reaches the upper limits of the 200's pound range on up. seeing as you seem to be of normal healthy weight, you'll pretty much always be at 23 inches. Hair can have an effect though, and it's surprising the impact it will have on how a hat fits and feels on your head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24