Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

draksig

New in Town

draksig

New in Town
Thanks for the information. The only think I have found so far for Knox is it went out of business in the 60's and several are on ebay but not with the model name "Patton Vict". I found out the man who ran the business A. Newman died late 2012 at an old age and was a well known cloather in Virginia but I also can not find out any info on that business other than that.

I do believe the hat is from the 60's, has never been worn, still has the labels and the hat box.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the information. The only think I have found so far for Knox is it went out of business in the 60's and several are on ebay but not with the model name "Patton Vict".

More information for you:

Knox didn't go out of business in the '60s. Knox (and Dunlap) were merged into Cavanagh-Dobbs, Inc. in 1932 to create the Hat Corporation of America, who continued to produce hats under the Knox brand until 1972, when they closed the last of their factories and got out of the hatmaking business. From there, the brands were sold to a company named Koracorp who operated out of the old Resistol factory in Garland, Texas. Many company changes later, Knox hats are still produced by the current RHE Hatco in Garland, Texas, though the brand is sold exclusively through Levine Hats in St. Louis, Missouri.

You Knox is indeed a Hat Corporation of America-produced hat, 1960s-1972.

Brad

draksig

New in Town
Thanks. What little I could find on Knox was very confusing. I couldn't even find much about the clothier listed on the headband other than a mention in the obit of the man who ran it.

willmylesroberts

New in Town
Recommendations

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a wide, flat brimmed fedora in a lighter colour for some time now, but not to much avail. Can any of you suggest anything that fits the bill? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Will

Vintage would be my recommendation.

050913_3.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My suggestion is to call in sick for a few weeks (or longer) and work your way through the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread, starting at page one. By the time you're up to speed, your question will no longer exist. Enjoy, and welcome.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I don't know what light color you are seeking. Akubra makes a high-crown, wide-brim fedora called the Federation IV that you can get in tan and a light grey ("moonstone"). They also make a thinner-ribbon model like Alan's vintage Open Road, which they call the Campdraft. You can get them from Hats Direct.

Loki

New in Town

FilmNoir88

New in Town
Identifying a Fedora I bought...

Hello everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I purchased an old light blue fedora from a flea market afew weekends ago.

It came in a hat box, which was labeled "Capson" with the words "A fine Capson Hat For" and the previous owner's name written on the top of the box.

The fedora it self has "Adam Rec" inside of the hat with a crest. It also has "This is an Adam Creation" on one side of the band inside and "Grand Canyon" on the otherside.

Can anyone give me an information on this fedora? Who made it, when, what time era?

Thanks, I'll be uploading pics as soon as I can.

new2hats

A-List Customer
searching for the ideal hat with dimensions:

I think I like the following hat dimensions:

crown at sides: 4.5 in
crown in front: 4 in
brim length: 2 1/8

Anyone know of any hats that look like this?

Also does it matter where the pinch is? I notice some hats sit higher on my head than others.

Thanks for any input

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner