Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you don't mind, could you post the measurements you got on those sizes?

The chest and waist measurements are pretty comparable to the standard 613/618 of the same size. The measurement difference is in the shoulders, which are slightly narrower.

So the 613/618 has an 18” shoulder in 40, while the 613S/SH has a 17.75” one, etc.

Aloysius

If you don't mind, could you post the measurements you got on those sizes?
Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 01.01.53.png

I don't think the chest measurements are excessive at all. The larger chest sizes from wearing your 'intended' size (one up from your chest measure) only enhances the V shape. The TTS ones are also quite flattering. 4-6" of clearance are perfectly normal on a cross-zip. Some, like the classic Indian Ranger and some others, have even more than this and look great due to their sharply waisted appearance.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 420635

I don't think the chest measurements are excessive at all. The larger chest sizes from wearing your 'intended' size (one up from your chest measure) only enhances the V shape. The TTS ones are also quite flattering. 4-6" of clearance are perfectly normal on a cross-zip. Some, like the classic Indian Ranger and some others, have even more than this and look great due to their sharply waisted appearance.

@Aloysius beat me to it: That’s the chart I received too.

So: I could order a 42 and get more or less the same fit as my Lewis Leather “Lightning”. Looking good, but leaves no options for the layering game. Not something I am after for a stiff, heavy hide.

If I went with the 44 it would be big in the chest. I follow what @Aloysius says re taper, but I not after that super-macho V-shaped look. Not that I don’t dig it, but I am 50 with the beginning of a gut, so sizing up would really only get room for the tummy and not for the shoulders as should be for that “butch” look.
At the moment I am somewhat on the fence. I’d really prefer to try in real life, but maybe the next days surprise me with an impulse decision.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 420635

That’s great info. Those sizing are inline with MA leather makers like Vanson. But I’m expecting better leather from Schott. And the potential fact It could be the first “perfecto”.
I’m also down for a 618. The plan is to get a brown one and overdye it black, add star, and swap out brass snaps for silver ones. Summer project 2022.
Your “custom” 613

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@Aloysius beat me to it: That’s the chart I received too.

So: I could order a 42 and get more or less the same fit as my Lewis Leather “Lightning”. Looking good, but leaves no options for the layering game. Not something I am after for a stiff, heavy hide.

If I went with the 44 it would be big in the chest. I follow what @Aloysius says re taper, but I not after that super-macho V-shaped look. Not that I don’t dig it, but I am 50 with the beginning of a gut, so sizing up would really only get room for the tummy and not for the shoulders as should be for that “butch” look.
At the moment I am somewhat on the fence. I’d really prefer to try in real life, but maybe the next days surprise me with an impulse decision.
Tom, if you're just looking for Schott Perfecto, my strong suggestion to you is 118 size 40 (equivalent to a "43" SH). I had to shrink mine down about a half size or even more, so I think a stock 40 will fit you great. A little extra length, a little extra width in the shoulders than the 613sh. The leather is not appreciated enough on here. After about 10 wears you'll have extremely soft lamb skin like but super plump and flexible.

Or if you feel the need for the horse and stars and much more shinier, then I'd go size 42 on SH and hope that once it relaxes some, it'll get more comfortable. Think there's one in classifieds now so the risk isn't so great.

118 vs 613sh
20220410_094052.jpg
20220412_084237.jpg

Aloysius

And if you want something in between, you can get the (currently underpriced) 613H in 42, which will have the same pattern as the 118 in 40 but in the shiny horsehide (just less thick than the SH).

That’s great info. Those sizing are inline with MA leather makers like Vanson. But I’m expecting better leather from Schott. And the potential fact It could be the first “perfecto”.
I’m also down for a 618. The plan is to get a brown one and overdye it black, add star, and swap out brass snaps for silver ones. Summer project 2022.
Your “custom” 613

For you, it has to be the 613SH first. The thick leather is very much your style.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Tom, if you're just looking for Schott Perfecto, my strong suggestion to you is 118 size 40 (equivalent to a "43" SH). I had to shrink mine down about a half size or even more, so I think a stock 40 will fit you great. A little extra length, a little extra width in the shoulders than the 613sh. The leather is not appreciated enough on here. After about 10 wears you'll have extremely soft lamb skin like but super plump and flexible.

Or if you feel the need for the horse and stars and much more shinier, then I'd go size 42 on SH and hope that once it relaxes some, it'll get more comfortable. Think there's one in classifieds now so the risk isn't so great.

118 vs 613sh View attachment 420816 View attachment 420817

Thanks much! I am sure you´re absolutely right on the facts ;).

I did have a Perfecto once, in one of Schott´s pre-distressed leathers and was pretty unhappy with it. I have now developped a slight fixaction on the "SH"-version because I am positive that I´d love the leather. Hence, I am not looking at alternatives right now. A bit silly, I know, but hey - that´s what we´re here for, right?! :)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
It's nice to finally see some more appreciation for Schott here on tfl. I think the 613 and 618 are great patterns. It's an iconic look and it just feels right whenever I put one on. The leather might look a little bit plain when brandnew but with some good wear it will age beautifully.

8584794C-405A-452D-BF6A-A48B151EBC08.jpeg

CF1359DE-35DD-4679-B765-75818B87511A.jpeg
0F828769-1475-41F3-BC3C-602362BC2A26.jpeg
93D0B5A6-349F-42AA-A532-A26BD621C42D.jpeg
C3234421-B6D4-43B1-8430-4454440070B8.jpeg

^^The above one is a mid eighties 618. There's one like this on its way to @Imuricecreamman which is even nicer. Looking forward to seeing the fit pics!

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Thanks much! I am sure you´re absolutely right on the facts ;).

I did have a Perfecto once, in one of Schott´s pre-distressed leathers and was pretty unhappy with it. I have now developped a slight fixaction on the "SH"-version because I am positive that I´d love the leather. Hence, I am not looking at alternatives right now. A bit silly, I know, but hey - that´s what we´re here for, right?! :)
SH I think will be really nice with a lot of wears. After a couple times getting wet and maybe 50 wears most of the top coat settles down and it starts to soften up. At about 75 wears I'm getting some really nice sleeve creases and tight grain patterns in certain areas. Coin pocket for one has got me excited about the possibilities. There's still a lot of shine and water repelling, but I'm getting some flexibility.

Damon141

Practically Family
I don’t know how much their leather has changed over the years but when you see older Schott jackets from the 60’s they seem to look far better in condition compared to the famed Buco jackets.

Damon141

Practically Family
I figured, in every auction the 60’s Schotts look like they are 10 years old. I just saw you sold your 60’s Schott. That was a great jacket.

Brooks from that era are the worst because they seem to peel leaving a white color underneath

Damon141

Practically Family
Gold label?

Maybe they used different types of leather for some versions or had bad batches because I agree your looks right up there, nice grain and a deep black color

It’s long gone?
What size was it?

Damon141

Practically Family
Looks brand new man, I’m jealous. Nice Persols and Tom Fords also.

I have the folding persol 718 Steve McQueen in tortoise.

Aloysius

Hi guys, it's my post on the forum. I saw size chart at Snake oil Provision website wich gives a lot smaller chest measurements. What do you think, wich chart is the most accurate? https://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/products/613sh-horsehide-perfecto-motorcycle-jacket

A lot of denim stores measure the chest of jackets very weirdly. Like maybe they're measuring at the abdomen instead of pit to pit? Franklin and Poe does the same thing. If the chest of the size 40 618 had been what F&P/SOP list, I would not have been able to get it on my body let alone zip it up.

The measurements I posted are from the Schott factory and are accurate to my jacket.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
A lot of denim stores measure the chest of jackets very weirdly. Like maybe they're measuring at the abdomen instead of pit to pit? Franklin and Poe does the same thing. If the chest of the size 40 618 had been what F&P/SOP list, I would not have been able to get it on my body let alone zip it up.

The measurements I posted are from the Schott factory and are accurate to my jacket.
Yes they'll probably measure jeans accurately but I've seen wide variations in jacket measurements from different stores. Standard & Strange, Snake Oil Provisions, History Preservation etc all have different methods

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui