Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman arrived - urgent opinion needed

dormicica

New in Town
Hi all,
finally my FQHH zip sleeve Highwayman (500th jubilee piece Mark has sold on eBay, with special features) arrived. It is beautiful, but to my dismay I found it way too large. I wrote to Mark and sent him pics. He said the jacket was fine, it was not meant to be a tight fit. I still think it is too baggy and too long, hence I need your opinion.
I am a size 40, jacket is a regular 40 (with an extra half inch in the shoulder width). The actual measures are:

armpit to armpit (total): 48.5-49 inches (my
chest size: 40.5 inches)
ACTUAL waist circumference at stomach (straps
loosened): 45 inches (my size: 36 inches at belly)
ACTUAL length without collar: 26 inches (my height: 5
foot 8)

THE PROBLEM IS I AM UNABLE TO ATTACH PICS - UPLOADING STARTS BUT NEVER ENDS (SIZE IS RIGHT, TYPE IS RIGHT, NO ERROR MESSAGE) HELP!!!

Rufus

Practically Family
Whoa! That sounds way too big...

Use something like photobucket to upload your images to FL... (You can find it if you google!)

I had a similiar problem with Aero, and they replaced the jacket with a smaller size, no questions asked.... and mine was a custom order. (They had made a mistake).

Aero are very sound people to deal with, don't panic... they'll do right by you!

Look forward to the photos...

Try not too panic!

All the best, Rufus

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I once ordered an Aero grizzly in a size 38. It was 24 inches across the chest, had a 19 inch shoulder span, and 26 inch sleeves. I had to eat the $50 to ship it back to the UK but they did refund the cost of the jacket.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Yep, too big!

When the average chap is dragged out shopping by his partner this is the sort of fit you would expect to see.

High street fit in other words!

If you feel it’s wrong then generally it is.

I am sure Aero will sort it if tell them it not the fit you are looking for. I don’t think it’s far of, maybe the next size down.

Great jacket though, worth the effort to get want you want.

Good luck

James

dormicica

New in Town
Hi all, and thanks for the opinions, I am greatful and somewhat relieved you confirm what I suspected. Most of the year I am an everyday MC rider, but I am using proper jackets with protectors for that purpose. The Highwayman had been a long time object of desire for me as casual wear. Since you all seem to judge it too large I think I may try to sell it instead of negotiating with Aero, then purchase a tighter fit specimen.
Any additional opinion is greatly welcome.

CBI

One Too Many
I don't know the details but Aero should refund since the jacket is a bit large. One can't tell the fit until its tried on.

Milu

Familiar Face
I think it's a fit. The only question mark would be the sleeve lenght which looks long. However, it's a bike jacket so it would be almost right in a riding position. Ultimately you are the one that has to wear it and there's little as useless as a leather jacket where one is unhappy with the fit.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
It looks to me like the jacket has a great fit in the shoulders but the body is just cut with too much room in it. Perhaps you could return it for a slightly different style of jacket with a better body fit or do you have your heart set on the Highwayman?

Regards,

Noel

Peacoat

Bartender
I'm a bike rider and I like the length of the sleeves, but the chest and the waist are just too big. You will want a little extra in the chest for a vest or a sweater, but you have enough there for another jacket underneath.

My Highwayman was just the opposite; a little too tight in the chest, but a good fit elsewhere.

Mark will do right by you.

Rufus

Practically Family
Mr D,

Yes.. Too large! The chest and waist are swimming on you!
Contact Mark, I'm sure he can sort out an exchange.
Aero are an extremely accommodating company.

Good luck!
Rufus

James Miller

One of the Regulars
New Aero

It's A fine looking Jacket. I like the yoke stitching in the back. Idon't know if you ride but if you do it is better to be a little big, because horsehides are stiff at first or should I say for some time and the extra room will come in handy steering your scooter.

I just got mine in the mail on friday and I can't seem to get the pictures attached to show mine. I ordered a Happy days horsehide and I love it. They made it for me in dark brown and it's a size 48 with the length 2 inches shorter than normal.

Aero makes a great jacket and Mark at Aero Leather USA is the best!

James Miller

One of the Regulars
I would think About it.

If they say "it's to big" but they are not the ones wearing it. If you think it to big then it's too big. I think it looks great. I have a few vintage jacket and i'm talking 50 and 60 years old and they run a bit tight. This is almost 2008 and having a jacket that you can move in is not a bad thing. Never the less The jacket looks good. but you are the one thats going to have to live with it.

dormicica

New in Town
thanks for the opinions

Thanks, guys, you seem to be on the same point of view. Yes, I too feel chest and waist size is the problem. I like extra sleeve length, I am used to it as I ride a motorcycle. What makes the discomfort is the jacket's feeling sort of baggy. It makes me look like a barrel, especially because I am short, but broad shouldered. As Aero is closed until 7th January, I listed the jacket on eBay, and wait to see what happens.

Rufus

Practically Family
Err.. don't jump the gun! I'm sure AERO will exchange it for one that fits!!

You could lose money listing it on Ebay (particularily as you've missed Christmas..), and you've only got to wait a week to talk to Aero...

I'd contact Aero first..

:) Rufus

dormicica

New in Town
Well, Rufus, I have lost 120 bucks anyway (re-shipping from Hungary). If I will not loose more than that on eBay, and spare the negotiation with Aero, that would probably be the best outcome. Mark is ready to help, but I am a bit pessimistic.

Rufus

Practically Family
Aargh..sorry to hear that.. I hope it works out.

Like I said, my jacket (like yours) didn't fit, it was too big in the chest and waist, and they replaced it.. and the new one is perfect!

I hope you find a happy solution.

All the best, Rufus

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy