Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman - how to decide proper dimensions/play – help!!!

dormicica

New in Town
Hi all members! I am to re-order the Highwayman and have a most important question: how much added length/play should be incorporated in the right fit Higwayman?
It seems Aero want ME to design the Highwayman for myself. They admit the jacket they made for me is too big (they said it was a "regular 40'). I asked them to make a regular 38 instead. Strangely enough, they answered they had NO regular sizes (I do not understand what their tagged sizes are for then), so I am the one to decide where and in what extent my Highwayman jacket is to be altered.

Please help me all Highwayman owners - I do not want to end up with the wrong decisions and with a strange cut. I do not know how much play to incorporate in order NOT to loose the original Highwayman cut. These are the measures of the jacket I first received and the relevant pics:

ACTUAL armpit to armpit (total): 48.5-49 inches (my chest size: 40.5 inches)
ACTUAL waist circumference at stomach (straps loosened): 45 inches (my size: 36 inches at belly)
ACTUAL length without collar: 26 inches (my height: 5 foot 8)
ACTUAL sleeve length: 26,5 inches (usually I have 25 inch sleeves in jackets)

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh43/macibandi/

Thanks, thanks, thanks for all insights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy