Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Damon141

Practically Family
I'm one of those people :). I enjoy my FW every bit as much as I enjoy my Schott.

Not that it matters but since we're comparing prices: the Schott was less than 1/10th of the price of the FW, literally (both were bought second hand).

View attachment 421336 View attachment 421337
That Freewheelers is amazing, I like the look of cross zip jackets but never thought I could pull the cool factor off but that Freewheelers is toned down and modernized in a way that it just draws attention. Even my wife which hates motorcycle perfecto style jackets actually like this. What’s the model name of this beautiful jacket?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
That Freewheelers is amazing, I like the look of cross zip jackets but never thought I could pull the cool factor off but that Freewheelers is toned down and modernized in a way that it just draws attention. Even my wife which hates motorcycle perfecto style jackets actually like this. What’s the model name of this beautiful jacket?
It's the jet black deerskin FW 'Sunset'

Geekrobot

One of the Regulars
I think the deerskin you ended up with was probably a much better choice in the end. With a little bit of wear it will begin to darken and patina naturally and you won’t have to so worry so much about every little spot or stain. A white jacket on the other hand either looks clean and pristine or it looks dirty, very little middle ground.

We're along the same lines of thinking here. Although I'm by no means out to destroy the jacket, I don't want to baby it as much as my instincts will make me. For the price, I want to wear the hell out of this white jacket and give it some spots and stains [just ideally no egregious ones from mistakes like spilled stout beer or coffee or wine or blood!].

I've seen some pics of a jacket Himel himself owns in this hide, it is a few years old in some of the pics which are now a few years old themselves. It looks like it wears in fantastically. It does indeed darken and gets wrinkly, nicked up, and waxy in the creases.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
fit pics

Without further ado, fit pics! They should indeed be mandatory.

I finally wore the jacket out of the house into Manhattan at the office yesterday. Had my wife snap a few pics when I got back. She's heard the whole saga several times and I'm sure she's happy I've turned to you folks to talk about my jacket frivolities.

View attachment 421943

View attachment 421944

View attachment 421945

View attachment 421946

View attachment 421947
grain and fit looks fantastic!!! happy evolving the leather! hope it collect all the cool stains as character and god forbid tomato ketchup, icecream and soy sauce to ever get close to it.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
fit pics

Without further ado, fit pics! They should indeed be mandatory.

I finally wore the jacket out of the house into Manhattan at the office yesterday. Had my wife snap a few pics when I got back. She's heard the whole saga several times and I'm sure she's happy I've turned to you folks to talk about my jacket frivolities.

View attachment 421943

View attachment 421944

View attachment 421945

View attachment 421946

View attachment 421947
Pretty nice jacket.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I like my Himel Heron.
IMG_4604.jpeg
IMG_4566 2.jpeg
IMG_4589.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg
IMG_4581.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Chameleon jacket. Color looks different in every picture depending on the way the sun is shining. Great jacket
Chameleon jacket. Color looks different in every picture depending on the way the sun is shining. Great jacket
Photos taken late in the day with an Apple iPhone 13 Pro. The light this time of day is dramatic on this island. Also, the weather can change very quickly. One minute sunny, the next minute dumping rain.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Thanks,
I picked up mine used from a tip from a fellow lounger. Love the leather, the design is a bit boxy on me but it is a cool jacket,.
Quick question regarding the Heron ... but do you find that you can get the collar lay down flat, or do you have to work at it?

I’m considering adding one or maybe his Excelsior. The collar is a bit narrower on the Excelsior and figured maybe the Heron is more likely to lay flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana