Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween lux

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Reason I ask is zipper sleeves are probably unnecessary if you don't ride. 2 way zipper also
Your jacket must have been specced that way by Standard and Strange "just in case" a biker bought it.
Or they were just trying to build a cool jacket.
I've had "work" "driving" and halfbelt styles with zipper sleeves also, I love them especially the ones that tighten snug around the wrist but not to tight.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Reason I ask is zipper sleeves are probably unnecessary if you don't ride. 2 way zipper also
Your jacket must have been specced that way by Standard and Strange "just in case" a biker bought it.

Downunder G Man -- First I am jeilous of your weather these days. It will be -15.5C and windy by tomorrow morning where I live. It's been a nice fall prolonged into "winter" but it's going to straight Janurary here now.

As for the Zip-sleeves, these are my preferance. I used to ride, but gave that up several years back now. When I actually work in an office and not at home (like I have since March) I wear a backpack everyday into and out of work. I find the zip-sleeves work great with a backpack, the standard "straight" (Highwayman/S-B Roadster) sleeves work pretty well, but the button cuffs such as my bootleggers and half-belts the backpack straps got caught on the buttons too much. So whatever is next for me I'll spec zip-sleeves 100% if possible.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thx brother! I have been considering (after watching Randy's activities) dropping down to one jacket, it forces me to wear that one an I expect enough character to develop that rivals Robert Dinero! I'm entertaining that journey

Think twice before you follow my devious, and slightly costly monitary ways here! :)

All that aside, I needed a "reset." I am greatful to be in a spot where workouts are still possible, and my upper body, shouder, arms etc have changed a bit for the better. I already had broad shouders, now a bit more so. Some of my prior "current stock" was just too restrictive given this.

There is actually a jacket that just arrived as per USPS - ebay find, pre-owned, it may be crazy large on me. I'll check it out when I get home. I will be a utility/functional jacket, not at all a stylish one. However I have said "no" to myself many times over the past few months, trying to focus and get it "right" as I move forward more slowly and purposefully.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Love the looks of the jacket and leather...but first thing I would do is take a black magic marker to the unfinished edges of the waist adjuster straps.
Never would have thought of that, the leather pulls on zipper have the same unfinished side, i was thinking it would darken up with dirt/oil as the jacket lightens an brown shows through and it would even out

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I have been wearing this jacket everyday, work, rain...life. It began showing character pretty quick and I wanted to updadate to show some recent pics.
20210129_153932.jpg
20210129_153809.jpg
20210129_153722.jpg
20210129_153644.jpg
20210129_153504.jpg
20210129_153202.jpg
20210129_153135.jpg
20210129_153121.jpg
20210129_153044.jpg
20210129_152920.jpg

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its been a while since I've posted and this seems to be a good time to share. This is my first experience with lux and I really like it, I usually gravitate to thick and heavy. This jacket isn't light at 6lbs, but it isn't a l.w. 10lb. Any way this leather is soft right out of the box its already creasing and showing changes to the leather after several hours of wear way different than im used to. I wanted to try a tea core leather. It smells great , soft hand, to me its luxurious leather. Im interested in seeing it age. It is 3.5 ounce. The color is a matte black to me with a hue glowing under the surface in the right lighting. The pattern is a jacket s.b. did for standard and strange a natural hh. Its a roadster/cafe racer hybrid. I love the back with the yoke and gussets.. The fit is great 44- 23.5 pit 21waist un cinched. It is a little squeaky. The hard ware is nickel riri main and the pockets/sleeves riri ball chain which i really like. Here is the standard &strange pic then the one in lux. View attachment 293605 View attachment 293606 View attachment 293607 View attachment 293608 View attachment 293609 View attachment 293610 View attachment 293611 View attachment 293612 View attachment 293613
Excellent fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo