Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Christopher

New in Town
I did a google search at work for Atomic Cafe Kitch while looking for some items to purchase and came across a link for the FL. Since I own one (amongst other out of time hats) I checked and wow! Have been in lurk mode for over 2 years now and finally decided to take the plunge.

So to everyone, thank you.

Reckless abandon!

Christopher said:
Have been in lurk mode for over 2 years now and finally decided to take the plunge.

I am glad that your were finally able to 'throw caution to the wind' and jump right in! We're glad to have you. I'd just like to say: the conversation always is better when it is a two way thing, so start "conversating" ASAP!

JohnnyL

New in Town
Like quite a few others I found my way here today through Google but I don't remember specifically what I was googling. I know it had to do with hats as I was looking at a catalog from NogginTops and contemplating ordering an Akubra Banjo Patterson for wearing while engaged in outdoor activities. Somehow I clicked on a link to FL and have spent a good part of the day here. As soon as I can get a good photo of myself in full "out on the town " regalia, I'll post it and use it as my avatar. I did have a good time looking for the proper picture to use for the time being although I was very partial to one of Don Knotts fully suited and wearing a fedora.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Googling 1930's hairstyles. I have been doing searches for Golden Era fashions for years so I don't know why I didn't find it sooner. I used to think there were no other weirdos out there like me , but now i see that i belong here.. you're all weird!:D

TOTTIE

One of the Regulars
I've been researching the early history of the Queen Mary for a 1930s re-enactment from the UK, so I found the lounge whilst researching the ship -- but I joined on the recommendation of friends, really.

Very nice it is, too.

Tottie

fleur

One of the Regulars
whilst dying in bed with the dreaded flu I googled vintage dresses and now I am here (after much debate with AOL!)

What a mine of information and what wonderful friendly people

:eusa_clap

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the Queen Mary I found myself wishing I had cards with the Fedora Lounge URL on them, as a lot of people were asking "What's with the hats." I think we may pick up a few new members. We really took that ship over! :)

qwerty

Familiar Face
Are there such cards? I was thinking about that actualy some time ago. Maybe Fedora Lounge could make some official cards and send them to it's members. Then these members would have the task of giving them to all the people which could posibly start wearing fur felt fedoras.
Imagine this. You are walking down the street one day. And a guy starts admiring your hat. Not trying to make it a joke. He is serious about hats but has no idea what a good hat is. You then just simply reach for the pocket and take out a classy card with gold leaf motif or something like that. And that card says Fedora Lounge. There is the name, adress, small logo and nothing more. Curiosity does the rest.
Trust me, in a year everybody will be fedora lovers. In two, everybody will be fedora wearers.

Elaina

One Too Many
I found it a while ago through a friend that wanted me to make a dress that he had found on here. I came, looked at the dress, talked him out of it (it was not suited to him) and hung around for a while.

I eventually joined, and when I did I apparently felt that I knew all y'all and just jumped in with my opinions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari