Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you take your coffee?

RedPop4

One Too Many
Good idea on the hot milk for instant coffee. Very interesting.

Guatemalan beans are some of my favorites.

I have an ibrik to make Turkish coffee, but I've only tried it once. It's a bit labor intensive for the early morning, though, and I don't want to be up all night. I've underutilized it for certain.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't like it too hot. I use some milk to assist in cooling it some but no sugar. Any coffee brand sold in the US is higher quality than most ot the world's since American companies really do buy all the best beans, so any is fine with me. No mocha, tutti fruiti stuff- just plain coffee.
Blackstuff.gif

jeep44

One of the Regulars
First thing every morning,with a spoonful of Cremora, in the same thick antique Blue Willow pattern mug given to me by my grandfather,that I have used almost every day for the last 30 years. No one but me is allowed to touch the cup,and I always set it high up in a cupboard where my wife cannot reach it-coffee just would not taste the same without this cup!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
One of my favorite treats in the summer time is a mocha frappicino....this guy that runs an espresso stand down the street, makes THE best coffee. Since it does make for an expensive habit, I end up just treating myself to one once or twice a week

Story

I'll Lock Up
Got a pot of old coffee from this morning?
Bannanas turning brown too fast in the summer?

One mushy bannana, one cup of coffee, one cup of milk, couple of lumps of brown sugar and about six ice cubes. Blend til smooth.

If the sun is over the yardarm, add a shot of rum.

Hiram

New in Town
I live in Seattle, so I'm spoiled. We have a number of nice neighborhood roasterias around.

I like a rich, nutty, medium roast, either drip or french press when I have the time. Half & half or cream, not milk. No sugar.

Of course, I always have a double-tall-whole-milk latte when I get to work.

In Chile, especially in the downtown districts, we have "Cafe Con Piernas" ("Coffee With Legs"). These are dimly-lit coffee bars with VERY scantily clad waitresses (baristas?) Businessmen go there on their lunch hour to drink an espresso and ogle the servers. And believe it or not, the quality and preparation of the coffee is quite good.

After work, Chilean men drink coffee with vodka, whiskey or other spirits mixed in.

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
I LOVE coffee!

I've tried all different kinds, and currently at home we usually use an assortment of either eight o'clock or dunkin donuts or another store brand we like. We splurge every now and then for some Hawaiian Kona and it's good- although many different Konas are out there.

Some of the best coffee I've ever had was German. I really liked the coffee over there( I was just visiting family, I didn't stay.) The German coffee was good and stong and I really liked it a lot.

At the house we usually have our coffee with some half and half cream and splenda. We grind our beans for each pot and I do appreciate the fresh flavor.

At work I drink only black coffee; I don't care for the little creamers in restaurants or-shudder- the powdered milk/cream substitutes. :eek:

I'm known at work as a coffee fiend. I should probably cut back some, but ahhh, coffee is such a necessity. I don't think I could give it up- unless the doctor told me I had to and I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mom was Austrian, and if she was any indication, Austrians drink a lot of coffee. She never got fancy, though, just store bought coffee in the can and plenty of it.

I love Kona coffee, but it was expensive even when I lived on the Big Island and is moreso here in California.

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Tony, your're right about the Kona. It's really good. We used a stash we brought back from the Big Island for awhile until that ran out, then tried some of the expensive imported Kona. It IS expensive over here.

photobyalan

A-List Customer
I'll say right up front that I don't like Starbucks. Always tastes burned to me.

I usually buy either Kauai or Kenya from Trader Joe's and make it in a French press or a Mr. Coffee with a permanent gold filter (never the paper kind).

I take it either black or with light cream, but never sugar.

If I don't have to have my wits about me, I'll have it with a shot or (two) of Bailey's or Carolan's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner