Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Embarrassing!

photobyalan

A-List Customer
So, I buy this "Limited Edition" hat, there are only ten like it in the whole wide world. I have the hat for one day, I go out to breakfast and, wouldn't you know it, there's a guy wearing the EXACT SAME HAT!

_mg_8329.jpg

How do you like that?

Here's to you, Art! I hope you get a kick out of this photo! :cheers1:

Baggers

Practically Family
Well, I never! The nerve of that cheap tramp, who does he think he is? lol lol lol

Does this mean you'll never wear it again now that you've been caught wearing the same hat at the same party? :p

Ya know, with this crew I would expect the probabilty factor of something like this happening to be rather high.

I just hope I look as good in mine as you two look in yours (I've got 003/10, what are your numbers?)

Cheers!

WEEGEE

Practically Family
ART...say it is not so...

HA HA HA...LOL

Do you only create hats for the good looking guys...

As the visual sophisticate will know our handsomeness only exist

because of what we have chosen to put on our heads.

WeeGee:cheers1:

Couldn't help but notice that you guys both put wide-set fedora pinches in the crown. I'd imagine that yours came the same way mine (No. 007, so you can call me Bond) did, with just the center bash. So I tried it with the side dents and I'm kinda torn. It does look a little less dressy with the side bashes, and they do make that tall crown a bit less "imposing," (there's gotta be a better word).
Baggers, what's your take?

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Art's creation...

Tonyb,

As i viewed it ...i said Art give it to me in your vision.(and it was)

It is butter soft...and can be the event...no bash a gentle pinch and

back again ... a great hat for all times...never recieved more comments

about a hat before. After a full day i was most surprised when a fellow

worker out of the blue...said...nice shoes?

and... tonyb...thanks...it performed great in the rain.

regards,

WeeGee

Baggers

Practically Family
tonyb said:
Couldn't help but notice that you guys both put wide-set fedora pinches in the crown. I'd imagine that yours came the same way mine (No. 007, so you can call me Bond) did, with just the center bash. So I tried it with the side dents and I'm kinda torn. It does look a little less dressy with the side bashes, and they do make that tall crown a bit less "imposing," (there's gotta be a better word).
Baggers, what's your take?

Good question. Currently it has a couple of shallow side dents in it. I saw William Frawley (I think) wearing a fedora with a center crease with the two side dents today in "Pride of the Yankees" on TCM and thought it looked good so I tried it. But you're right, it does look more formal without them. However, thinking back on the original thread in which Art introduced the hat, I recall him writing that if he had intended it to be a formal lid he would have called it the "Edward G." I don't know if he was being tongue in cheek though.

When I finally get around to posting a picture of me wearing it, I may do two shots -- one with and one without -- and see what the general concensus is.

Cheers!

EricH

One of the Regulars
Youse guys is killin me

with your conversations about this hat. I feel like the guy on a diet watching my friends woof down the dessert tray. Course only myself to blame for reading this thread. On the other hand, I can say with confidence that when I get my hat from Art someday, I will be the fairest of them all. (And without a photo you can't prove otherwise). My two cents on the fedora pinches, they look great, but why dress down a classy hat? Eric

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Thats it...EricH...

The hats to fine...it...my brain...stricking green eyes...paddle ball...and

some other things i think of along the way will be frozen...close to Ted in

cryogenic suspence...not suspension.

Weegee

:cheers1:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
LOL..you guys are killing me too!!!!!!! When I did the hat I had the "Little Ceasar" thing going on in my head so I didn't see it with pinches...but what the heck, you need to personalize it to fit yourself. No worries...it can take it!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
"I recall him writing that if he had intended it to be a formal lid he would have called it the "Edward G." I don't know if he was being tongue in cheek though."

Guilty as charged...:icon_smil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR