Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How it was worn.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
038-vi.jpg
13-vi.jpg
17-vi.jpg
18-vi.jpg
gangster-vi.jpg
example6-vi.jpg

Notice Busters hat... a common way of wearing a fedora back then.
21-vi.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
That is him in a non comedic state.

I have a friend who makes Buster hats out of modern day Stetson Temples. Has them trimmed and pork pies the crown.

The way he wears his hat in that shot is how I wear one of my brown Dobbs fedoras with a cavanagh edge.

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
I have a friend who makes Buster hats out of modern day Stetson Temples. Has them trimmed and pork pies the crown.

Any chance of seeing one of those?

Originally posted by Matt Deckard
...The way he wears his hat in that shot is how I wear one of my brown Dobbs fedoras with a cavanagh edge.

Can we see a pic of that?

David

havershaw

Practically Family
Weird...I just got a jacket like the one that guy is wearing in the first photo...and I wear it the same way, no tie...

Awesome pics, Joe.

Wild Root

Gone Home
The open collar over the coat collars is a very classy way to dress for a nice day out. Holly wood really made that look take off. I have seen it in many films that had young guys in it.

Gab shirts work well with this, but white dress shirts will work if the collar is long and sharp.

You can see there that tweed was worn with gabardine slacks and a light shirt.

The classic color of shirt to wear with an outfit like that is white. But, you can wear other light colors that bring out the best of the coat and pants you're wearing. My fave is to go open collar and sport a polka dot ascot, cream gab slacks, white bucks, and a nice sports coat. That is the classic 40's Hollywood look.

Root.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I wanna look like that...I need to put on weight, and buy some vintage suits....looked at some pictures the other day and saw just how skinny I am.....it'd be a miracle to find a suit that fits me as well as them...

Wild Root

Gone Home
I don't know man, I have a friend that is about the same size as you and he has some really sweet stuff! he can find any thing in really good shape! If it's too big, he has it tailored. Just start looking man and you'll see that 36 and 38 sized suits will just jump at you!

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Why is one part of the gentleman's tie (in the above pic) longer than it's brother? I see that it isn't loose. Was this a fashion statement of the 30s?

Regards,

Daniel Riser

Wild Root

Gone Home
Some guys just threw on a tie. They didn't care how well it was tied. It may have been a fashion fad at one point. Not sure.

By the way, good to see you back on the lounge Dan! Tell me, how's the 36? And when are we going to get together and go driving?

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy