Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Hh121

Banned
I couldn't bear the heat but standing right in front of the a/c for a couple fit photos. Shows the Cordo color quite well. Tapering a size down from chest to waist was an absolutely brilliant idea and I very much owe Carrie a huge thank you for suggesting it. Creates a v shape similar to my CR. Apologies for the cluttered room. It's my daughters play room but it gets the best light...
This jacket will no doubt be my daily driver when this stupid summer finally ends.
View attachment 127635
View attachment 127636
View attachment 127637

Beyond any words, it's an earthquake.

Beyond any words, it's an earthquake.
Dude I wore it for over an hour this morning. No A/C drinking coffee thinking I'd heat her up internally and soften it. No friggn dice.
IMG_9976.JPG

My CR feels like lightweight windbreaker by comparison. One thing I failed to mention earlier...this HB is stitched about 2 stitches more per inch than my CR. It's not something I care that much about but I did notice it right away.
IMG_9977.PNG

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Dude I wore it for over an hour this morning. No A/C drinking coffee thinking I'd heat her up internally and soften it. No friggn dice.
View attachment 127836
My CR feels like lightweight windbreaker by comparison. One thing I failed to mention earlier...this HB is stitched about 2 stitches more per inch than my CR. It's not something I care that much about but I did notice it right away.
View attachment 127837

Looking at those folded ends close to the seems and comparing to your CR, it looks insanely thick! I understand why you’re so happy about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've told myself only one more. Waiting on the next batch of natural CXL to decide which model. It's either that or a Thedi. Having 3 makes perfect sense to me.
Daily driver=HB
Cool guy=CR
Cool Driver=?
I am the same!
Got my midnight cafe
New gorgeous 30’s halfbelt
Now struggling with Thedi tan buffalo cross button, tenjin natty or Aero natty. First world struggles.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
557B9CF3-F5DF-4CE8-BB90-E5629EB50FF7.jpeg
E5CC290A-90EE-4E13-8B16-20CE19A6DBD5.jpeg
7ADB8075-04EF-47D7-AB50-8399197F683F.jpeg
17ABCB74-15EE-41C8-A4EC-F070EAF3D0EF.jpeg
B855BAAA-2D28-4901-B07F-B9CBC99B0C00.jpeg
Below are some fit pics of my new Aero 1930s 1/2 belt purchased from Thurstons. Yesterday i was in a bit of a rush to check it out when it arrived and didn’t get to give a real fair initial impression. I wasn’t quite sure how i felt about it at unboxing. There were a few factors at play here.
1. I had never handled Vicenza before and wasn’t sure what to expect. Its lighter than i expected. Initially i thought it was too light. Then, i put it on for the car ride home from work and it was instantly comfortable. Almost cotton comfortable. When Carrie says there isn’t much of a break in she isnt kidding. I reminded myself that I’m currently breaking in a model B and that it’s practically a part time job. So weight = good
2. The photos of Ton312s new half belt are STRIKING. I opted for the dark seal Vicenza. It doesn’t make the same kind of splash. It is much more understated. However, this morning looking at it in a few different light conditions it becomes a bit of a chameleon oscilating from milk chocolate to black. I think I’ll enjoy it’s subtlty. Color=good.
3. Fit. At first i thought it might be a bit short and snug. After reviewing my photos and wearing it a bit, i think thats is incorrect. Fit=good
4. Details. I like my lining choice. I think the collar fits me well. I’m not 100% on my harware choice (i have zero natural eye for detail, i can appreciate good choices by others, but such decisions for me don’t come naturally. The stiching seems pretty good and even, tho maybe slightly less so than my Thedi. This is not something i really obsess over, so it certainly exceeds my standards. Carrie recommended contrasting stiching. May have been good advice. Jurys still out on that.Cuffs. I asked for the cuffs to be a little wider. Technically i asked for one cuff wider on my watch side. Carrie said Aero wouldn’t accomodate doing one, but would do both. They are perhaps a schosh too wide, but prefer that over my Thedi which rubbed for the first 2 months and still can hang up sometimes, and my Vanson where the left sleeve can only be zipped 1/2 way (i understand that this is by design, and does keep air out, but it is a trade off).
So, thats my first impressions. When the weather cools and i get to live with it a bit I’ll update. I’m looking forward to updating the genisis of my Vanson B at the end of its first riding season.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Real nice! This is very much the type of jacket that you can wear in almost any situation and with almost anything. Not extravagant or flashy, but very stylish and cool imo

I think the fit and length looks spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 127845 View attachment 127846 View attachment 127847 View attachment 127848 View attachment 127849 Below are some fit pics of my new Aero 1930s 1/2 belt purchased from Thurstons. Yesterday i was in a bit of a rush to check it out when it arrived and didn’t get to give a real fair initial impression. I wasn’t quite sure how i felt about it at unboxing. There were a few factors at play here.
1. I had never handled Vicenza before and wasn’t sure what to expect. Its lighter than i expected. Initially i thought it was too light. Then, i put it on for the car ride home from work and it was instantly comfortable. Almost cotton comfortable. When Carrie says there isn’t much of a break in she isnt kidding. I reminded myself that I’m currently breaking in a model B and that it’s practically a part time job. So weight = good
2. The photos of Ton312s new half belt are STRIKING. I opted for the dark seal Vicenza. It doesn’t make the same kind of splash. It is much more understated. However, this morning looking at it in a few different light conditions it becomes a bit of a chameleon oscilating from milk chocolate to black. I think I’ll enjoy it’s subtlty. Color=good.
3. Fit. At first i thought it might be a bit short and snug. After reviewing my photos and wearing it a bit, i think thats is incorrect. Fit=good
4. Details. I like my lining choice. I think the collar fits me well. I’m not 100% on my harware choice (i have zero natural eye for detail, i can appreciate good choices by others, but such decisions for me don’t come naturally. The stiching seems pretty good and even, tho maybe slightly less so than my Thedi. This is not something i really obsess over, so it certainly exceeds my standards. Carrie recommended contrasting stiching. May have been good advice. Jurys still out on that.Cuffs. I asked for the cuffs to be a little wider. Technically i asked for one cuff wider on my watch side. Carrie said Aero wouldn’t accomodate doing one, but would do both. They are perhaps a schosh too wide, but prefer that over my Thedi which rubbed for the first 2 months and still can hang up sometimes, and my Vanson where the left sleeve can only be zipped 1/2 way (i understand that this is by design, and does keep air out, but it is a trade off).
So, thats my first impressions. When the weather cools and i get to live with it a bit I’ll update. I’m looking forward to updating the genisis of my Vanson B at the end of its first riding season.

All I can say is that this is the season for "WINNING" This jacket is a perfect fit.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
CB42C584-2647-41EB-A897-2F43D8FBBF0C.jpeg
I couldn't bear the heat but standing right in front of the a/c for a couple fit photos. Shows the Cordo color quite well. Tapering a size down from chest to waist was an absolutely brilliant idea and I very much owe Carrie a huge thank you for suggesting it. Creates a v shape similar to my CR. Apologies for the cluttered room. It's my daughters play room but it gets the best light...
This jacket will no doubt be my daily driver when this stupid summer finally ends.
View attachment 127635
View attachment 127636
View attachment 127637
That really reminds me of one of these!!
B

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I bought the Vanson Remington Size 42 last night. It's the out of production Remington v1 which had no vertical seams down the front and back and classic button holes instead of button loops. Looks much nicer than Vansons current version imho. The measurements seem spot on except for the 21" shoulder width which seems oddly large for a size 42... I hope the seller miss-measured there, if it's actually 21", I'll need to have some tailor fix it. May cost another 150 bucks, but these old styles don't show up often and I don't have a two button front piece in my collection at the moment.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
@Bfd70 really nice jacket and I think its fits you really well.. I didn't notice the widened sleeves until I read the write-up.. if this is the only sticking point is it possible to move the button in a bit? you could even just do the single sleeve as you originally wanted. I don't think that would be a difficult job for any leather person/tailor

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
No, my initial luke warm response was just because confetti and a marching band didn’t spring out of the box when i opened it. The wait, and suspense just let me “forget” that I ordered a very utilitarian below the radar jacket. It doesn’t scream “Wow look at that guy!” 12 short hours later I was as pleased as could be. I’m sure the button could be moved over without notice by a competent professional, but thats really a non issue for me... or any issue I have is greatly overshadowed by the fact that this is the first leather jacket purchase where the sleeves are dead on in length for me.
Heck, I think i’ll throw it on whilst I peruse what TFL has to offer this aft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points