Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Just received this Vanson Commando from LeftFieldNYC. Christian and Jonny at LF were great to work with and willing to take lots of measurements for me to ensure fit. Very happy.

As for the jacket. I believe this is Vanson's x-150 leather which is a bit thinner than their competition weight. I'm really digging the feel and weight of this x-150. Reminds me of the appearance and feel of Langlitz (though lighter than the Langlitz heavy weight I use to own). Only thing I'd change is adding about .5" to the sleeves, but for a non custom fit jacket I think this works. Love the d pocket! Inside is blue/green plaid.

Very nice. When it starts to break in you will love the X-150. Doesn't take too long. Enjoy it.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Lost worlds Downtown in black horsehide coming from ebay. Seller says its "good as new, worn only two times by a navy vet".

It puzzles me why the seller felt it's important to mention that it was worn by a navy vet...

Fonzie

One Too Many
Lost worlds Downtown in black horsehide coming from ebay. Seller says its "good as new, worn only two times by a navy vet".

It puzzles me why the seller felt it's important to mention that it was worn by a navy vet...

In case Stu is watching, he only likes his jackets being worn by real manly men...
You’ve got big shoes to fill now buddy! ;):D

Jejupe

Practically Family
In case Stu is watching, he only likes his jackets being worn by real manly men...
You’ve got big shoes to fill now buddy! ;):D

... and rather large coat too, it being size 50.

By the way terms ”manly man”, ”navy” and ”black leather” used together reminds me of the time when I googled ”langlitz leather” for the first time...

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that my Thedi has just entered USA airspace jetting on to Thurston Bros who will then quickly, on the run, fast track it 1800 miles back the way it came east to Indiana arriving at my door Friday January 4th. It will fit perfectly and wimmens will just want to touch it, caress it and even try to squeeze me while I'm in it. Hurry..I'm hungry....

mtc_127915_3_.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

Big7

One of the Regulars
I have custom Aero Sheene coming next Friday in tumbled cordovan and Dubow a2 from Platon some time in the beginning of the next year, can’t wait to see how is that going to come out

Gamma68

One Too Many
I like it, and appreciate the giblets required to wear it. Giblets I lack.
Thanks. I read an interesting quote from writer Anaïs Nin the other day: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” I say be bold. If you like something, wear it. I can think of at least two FL members who would look great wearing that jacket.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Just sold a 1930’s capeskin zipped jacket, so I have a couple on the way: a Freewheelers Journeyman (jet black deerskin) and a custom Monarch buttoned jacket from Dave Sheeley (in brown goat).

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a strong feeling that my Thedi has just entered USA airspace jetting on to Thurston Bros who will then quickly, on the run, fast track it 1800 miles back the way it came east to Indiana arriving at my door Friday January 4th. It will fit perfectly and wimmens will just want to touch it, caress it and even try to squeeze me while I'm in it. Hurry..I'm hungry....

mtc_127915_3_.jpg

1.jpg
This damn jacket is so gorgeous. Was tempted. Love the color and the sample Buffalo- smell, texture; it has everything.

But, I went with an Aero 30's half belt (I know 42 fits) in natural horsehide.

Attachments

• EE4886AA-B5A2-4917-A678-D38D93EF040F.jpeg
    EE4886AA-B5A2-4917-A678-D38D93EF040F.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 4EE495D2-BBC3-4DB3-842A-19084EEEAD9F.png
    4EE495D2-BBC3-4DB3-842A-19084EEEAD9F.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 999

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. I read an interesting quote from writer Anaïs Nin the other day: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” I say be bold. If you like something, wear it. I can think of at least two FL members who would look great wearing that jacket.

Definitely! :D

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This damn jacket is so gorgeous. Was tempted. Love the color and the sample Buffalo- smell, texture; it has everything.

But, I went with an Aero 30's half belt (I know 42 fits) in natural horsehide.
Hey Sweets:
If there was to be a one and only, i think the first pic might just be it for me!!
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points