Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Bought this Jacket from Ukraine, arriving soon, I hope it fits me well.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 518

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Half-Belt arrived and I may have messed up...

Can any native French speaker please tell me whether "Longueur du col au bas de la veste" translates to precisely? Backlength with or without collar? @Mysteryo and @SpeedRcrX , you were French, right?

Hi, it means the measure is taken from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jacket. So without the collar.

Hope this help and if you need other translations don’t hesitate to send me a PM.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hi, it means the measure is taken from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jacket. So without the collar.

Hope this help and if you need other translations don’t hesitate to send me a PM.

Thank you. This is good news. Seller claimed length as measured above was 66cm, turns out it is only 61 cm and the jacket is arguably too short for me. (That's a yes @ton312 ) The leather is phenomenal though. Thick and very soft and the lining matches it great. It's a very nice jacket really. I'm not 100% sure yet what to do. Should be able to return it on the ground of improper description. Haven't checked yet but pretty sure some other measurements are off, too. I will post pictures in the evening and have you all play the good ol' Roman thumbs up thumbs down game as for the future of this jacket.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I'm not sure i agree with your translation, it literally means "length from collar to bottom of the jacket", without any mention of where the measurement is taken from at the collar end. It could include or not include the collar there is no way to tell. Since @jacketjunkie says it is 5cm too short i would assume the seller measured with the collar.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I'm not sure i agree with your translation, it literally means "length from collar to bottom of jacket", without any mention of where the measurement is taken from at the collar end. It could include or not include the collar there is no way to tell. Since JJ says it is 6cm too short i would assume the seller measured with the collar.

My bad I didn’t read correctly the quote. You are right.
Was there any punctuation in the original sentence ?
Because you can read it two ways :

Longueur du col au bas du blouson
Length of the collar to bottom of the jacket

Longueur: du col au bas du blouson
Length : from collar to bottom of the jacket

In one way you are sure the collar was included, in the second sentence, it’s anybody guess.

In French, punctuation is important it can change a lot of thing and I’m disheartened to see less and less French people use proper punctuation.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
My bad I didn’t read correctly the quote. You are right.
Was there any punctuation in the original sentence ?
Because you can read it two ways :

Longueur du col au bas du blouson
Length of the collar to bottom of the jacket

Longueur: du col au bas du blouson
Length : from collar to bottom of the jacket

In one way you are sure the collar was included, in the second sentence, it’s anybody guess.

In French, punctuation is important it can change a lot of thing and I’m disheartened to see less and less French people use proper punctuation.

Here's the part of the description with the measurements in it in full context:

"Longueur du col au bas de la veste : 66 cm
Épaule à épaule : 49 cm
Longueur des manches : 63 cm
Largeur poitrine d aisselle à aisselle : 52 cm
Largeur de la taille en bas de la veste : 50 cm"

When buying it, with my ten years ago school lessons in French, I understood it as from collar to bottom, as you suggested at first. Guess it's my bad after all.

Shouldn't matter though, pit to pit and diameter at the waist are both off too, I assume the seller measured the front panel from seam to seam rather than taking the real diameter including parts of the side-panel.
roversync

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here's the part of the description with the measurements in it in full context:

"Longueur du col au bas de la veste : 66 cm
Épaule à épaule : 49 cm
Longueur des manches : 63 cm
Largeur poitrine d aisselle à aisselle : 52 cm
Largeur de la taille en bas de la veste : 50 cm"

When buying it, with my ten years ago school lessons in French, I understood it as from collar to bottom, as you suggest in your first variation.

Pit to pit and diameter at the waist are both off too btw, I assume the seller measured the front panel from seam to seam rather than taking the real diameter including parts of the side-panel.
roversync

From this there is really no way to tell if he included the collar or not. It literally means "length from collar to bottom of jacket" but gives no information as to whether the collar is included in the measurement.

And the pit to pit not including the side panels is a very common thing to see unfortunately. That was how my grizzly was described and it gave a 22.5" pit to pit rather than the 25.5" it really is. A 3" variation is a lot to get wrong!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I would understand it from collar to bottom, too.

So no precision where he takes his measure, collar included or bottom of the collar is fair game.

JJ..that is a good looking jacket. IMO it is borderline on the body length. If you never wear a pair of low rise jeans it would work. However, I like my jackets fitting with about any other clothes I might wear rather than a select few.
HD

Jejupe

Practically Family
As you can see, it goes just as far as to cover my belt. Truthfully, I don't think it's probably exactly the same length as my HWM, I'm just a bit bummed because I believed to buy a longer style in brown to wear as alternative to my also longer black Vanson Dakota.
View attachment 151510
View attachment 151511

I think that is a pretty much perfectly fitting half belt you got there. I don't think this pattern would look and fit you half as good if it was longer than this.

As you can see, it goes just as far as to cover my belt. Truthfully, I don't think it's probably exactly the same length as my HWM, I'm just a bit bummed because I believed to buy a longer style in brown to wear as alternative to my also longer black Vanson Dakota.
View attachment 151510
View attachment 151511

That's gotta be the best fitting jacket I've seen from you! Any longer and it'd be ruined. Just love it how the bottom hem ends right at the line of the cuffs. Everything is just right. 10/10 jacket if I've ever seen one.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@jacketjunkie I know the pain of a jacket that is just that tiny bit too short and it bugs you and nags away at you but in this case, I think it looks good.

I wouldn't be in a rush to return it!

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
View attachment 151510
View attachment 151511
Looks superb on the front photos above. No doubts. It'd also be interesting to see some photos from the back. From the front it looks excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk