Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Aero Highwayman in seal jerky horsehide, with Mouton collar and storm cuffs. Happy exchange for my LW A2. Not entirely sure about the fit, but will be happy to get my hands on this bad boy.

View attachment 149949

What size is it? I’m quite curious how it fits you as we have the same size hooch hauler and I am also thinking about a HWM. Please post fit photos when it arrives.

miglan30

Familiar Face
This Triumph Barbour International jacket. These only came out in 2016, but they were too expensive. Found a new one heavily discounted so I pulled the trigger. I needed a better winter motorcycle jacket, this has removable thermal liner, waterproof/waterproof triflex liner, carbon coated fabric and lambskin construction, and full compliment of D30 armor. Anyway, always liked the Barbour style jackets. If it doesn't work out, I will post it on the classifieds if anyone is interested.

mtha16555_barbour_mens_jacket_f_1246_hrp.jpg

mtha16555_barbour_mens_jacket_b_849_hrp.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I bought an unworn Aero 50s HB in the discontinued kudu hide, you know, the thick and scarred stuff in medium brown. It's a blue label but that's certainly not because of issues with the construction, it was made by Julie Leitch. The leather has some massive scars on the backpanel, that's why. I don't mind it, in fact I consider it a nice eye catcher, just like the flag on my America jacket, with the exception that I can wear this one without having to give thought to the currently arguably questionable political connotation.
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
I bought an unworn Aero 50s HB in the discontinued kudu hide, you know, the thick and scarred stuff in medium brown. It's a blue label but that's certainly not because of issues with the construction, it was made by Julie Leitch. The leather has some massive scars on the backpanel, that's why. I don't mind it, in fact I consider it a nice eye catcher, just like the flag on my America jacket, with the exception that I can wear this one without having to give thought to the currently arguably questionable political connotation.
View attachment 151101 View attachment 151102 View attachment 151103
The scars give this jacket character that no other can ever match. A nice catch.

Raven2k360

New in Town
I've kind of gone a little nuts lately... I started off with (my first real leather jacket as an adult) a jacket I bought at SEMA a few years back, then my next one was my riding jacket - a leather/nylon Icon Sanctuary when I bought my starter bike last year. Since September though, I bought a pretty nice cafe racer-style jacket from a vendor at a Harley show, then about 3 weeks ago I went nuts and bought 4 jackets at Wilson's because they were discounted pretty heavily due to them closing the storefront. Then, I bought another Wilson's online (huge discount, and they didn't have it in the store when I bought the others), the B3 Excelled (I just created a post about it), and just pulled the trigger on a 3rd-party G1 today for super-cheap. I have my eye on another right now (also super-cheap) but has a high-pile plush inner liner, so may pull the trigger on that one.

My unicorn so far is a Navy-issue Excelled G1, since I couldn't appropriate one while I was in (didn't have the connections)... Also, I stumbled across this on ebay during my searching...

leather peacoat.jpg

Would be cool to have, but the price tag is a bit too steep for my blood...though the auction does have a 'Make Offer' button, so maybe I'll shoot 'em an offer...HA!

Raven2k360

New in Town
Welcome to the Lounge...
Take a look at this thread:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-tfl-effect.94299/
Then, please post up pictures of your collection.
HAHA! In my defense, I bought the bulk of the jackets before I joined...lol. But yes, I can see it's similar to GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) that one experiences with other hobbies/aspects of life, such as cars/motorcycles, musical instruments, etc. I'll get photos up of the collection soon, have to figure out where to hang them all! o_O

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HAHA! In my defense, I bought the bulk of the jackets before I joined...lol. But yes, I can see it's similar to GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) that one experiences with other hobbies/aspects of life, such as cars/motorcycles, musical instruments, etc. I'll get photos up of the collection soon, have to figure out where to hang them all! o_O

Welcome to the Lounge!!

Kuro

Practically Family
Well...

I had purchased a Schott P213, Raven in black. I tried it on in the LA Flagship store, and liked what they had. When I went back to purchase, it sold, so they shipped me another one.

When I got it, I didn't love it. I don't know if being a different jacket than the one I tried on it draped differently, or it was the fashion magic of LA that did not exist in my apartment hallway... I can say for the record that this is a thick lambskin jacket. Quality was very high.

I sent it back, and I just now purchased a Schott x 3sixteen, 518316 Roughout cowhide jacket. I will have it later this week.

https://www.3sixteen.com/blogs/news/15y-schott-for-3sixteen

I just hope the size it correct but based on measurements I believe it will, just maybe not in a fitted way, I guess I have wide shoulders... I like Schott's return policy, makes the shopping easier.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Half-Belt arrived and I may have messed up...

Can any native French speaker please tell me whether "Longueur du col au bas de la veste" translates to precisely? Backlength with or without collar? @Mysteryo and @SpeedRcrX , you were French, right?

Last edited:
A very kind and generous act from a fellow member has brought this jacket back into my house. My all time favorite 1969 CR by Bates. It deserves better pics which I will post this weekend if not sooner. I really love this jacket! The space shuttle commander has landed and for good this time!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I just called Langlitz and put down a deposit to get the ball rolling on my next jacket. It will be a straight zip Columbia with a dress collar in heavy brown cowhide. I have wanted to this order this jacket for a long long time and I finally succumbed to the pressure

Man, I am excited for you. One of my absolute favorite styles. Though I was kind of hoping to see a new Cal Leather version this Langlitz no doubt will be excellent. Please keep us posted!

El Marro

Man, I am excited for you. One of my absolute favorite styles. Though I was kind of hoping to see a new Cal Leather version this Langlitz no doubt will be excellent. Please keep us posted!
Thanks man! I thought long and hard about ordering this from Cal but I have had such great results from Langlitz that I decided to stick with the devil I know Also when I read another members description of their heavyweight brown cow hide I knew I wanted a jacket in this leather.

sweetfights

I just called Langlitz and put down a deposit to get the ball rolling on my next jacket. It will be a straight zip Columbia with a dress collar in heavy brown cowhide. I have wanted to this order this jacket for a long long time and I finally succumbed to the pressure

HEAVY Brown?!?! - Cannot wait to get your feedback on that leather!!!!
Will make jackets made from Lost World's 4 oz plus hide seem like the uniform for pencil neck cream puff's !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points