Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Waiting for Langlitz cop jacket exactly like the one I just sold. After getting pics of measurements, etc. I am confident this one is in my size. The one I sold was stellar and I can't believe I found another one so soon.

Also, waiting on a 1960s or so Cal CHP from a seller I know. Looks to be in perfect condition and for only $100 I am pretty psyched.

hancockva

New in Town
I figured honesty is the best policy, but yeah I guess "slightly" is a bit of an understatement. Apologies once again.

ton312 - I don't know if you're familiar with the British comedian Steve Coogan, his character Alan Partridge has a dream cut scene where he's dancing for his boss wearing "vulcanized/vulcanised (uk sp.)" underwear. It's hard to shake that image so I won't post a link - but the term was coined by Thomas Hancock, who invented elastic, founded the British rubber industry and who our brand is dedicated to, so we're obliged to use it!

On a less spammy note, I find this thread and other similar ones really interesting, particularly the US vintage side of things. In our factory we have a load of old samples that were made for brands like Grenfell, Mackintosh, Vuitton, Margaret Howell. We've built these up over 30+ years. They had been boxed up but we recently opened them up when we relocated. Fascinating stuff. I need to add some US work-wear classics to our archive though so have found loads of inspiration here.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I bought an unworn Aero 50s HB in the discontinued kudu hide, you know, the thick and scarred stuff in medium brown. It's a blue label but that's certainly not because of issues with the construction, it was made by Julie Leitch. The leather has some massive scars on the backpanel, that's why. I don't mind it, in fact I consider it a nice eye catcher, just like the flag on my America jacket, with the exception that I can wear this one without having to give thought to the currently arguably questionable political connotation.
View attachment 151101 View attachment 151102 View attachment 151103

You can understand why Aero never repeated this Will-inspired experiment - the amount of off-cuts they were getting per jacket was just unsustainable.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bootlegger 3.0 is in the wind. That’s 3 weeks from email to Carrie to completion. If you are hot to trot for an Aero right now, I suggest you strike while the iron is hot!!
That’s awesome Ton!
Both of my Aero’s took 3+ months...

I cannot wait to see Bootlegger 3.0!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
You can understand why Aero never repeated this Will-inspired experiment - the amount of off-cuts they were getting per jacket was just unsustainable.

I don't know about sustainability of buying these hides, cutting away all the scars and making jackets out of it. Least I can say is that this is the nicest hide (scars aside) I have handled ever. It's got a luxurious waxy feel to it, is very thick yet incredibly soft and pliable, requiring barely any break-in, if any at all. I returned the jacket but if Aero still offered this hide, I would definitely order a jacket in it, even if it came with a price increase. Besides, I cannot imagine this hide being that cost-inefficient, considering how insanely expensive Horween stuff is.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Oh, and for the record, I just placed an order via mail for an Aero Bootlegger. Brown CLX Steerhide, Irvin Collar, zipsleeves, pocket setup à la RoughnReady/Bird of Prey. Haven't gotten an answer yet but I'm hoping for a thumbs up from them for all these changes. After all that Tony has had them do, I certainly hope so, hah!

edit: just noticed I forgot to ask them to remove the epaulets. Shit. Gotta mail them again! :D

Oh, and for the record, I just placed an order via mail for an Aero Bootlegger. Brown CLX Steerhide, Irvin Collar, zipsleeves, pocket setup à la RoughnReady/Bird of Prey. Haven't gotten an answer yet but I'm hoping for a thumbs up from them for all these changes. After all that Tony has had them do, I certainly hope so, hah!

edit: just noticed I forgot to ask them to remove the epaulets. Shit. Gotta mail them again! :D
I kept the epaulettes this go round!

Edward

Bartender

As I recall, this was the hide they introduced the Pioneer with, it being a 40s HB designed to fall between the 30s HB and 50s HB in those long ago days, when Aero had a much smaller range. You don't see many Pioneers in the wild; I always wondered whether that somehow affected the model's popularity in the crucial early stages.

I don't know about sustainability of buying these hides, cutting away all the scars and making jackets out of it. Least I can say is that this is the nicest hide (scars aside) I have handled ever. It's got a luxurious waxy feel to it, is very thick yet incredibly soft and pliable, requiring barely any break-in, if any at all. I returned the jacket but if Aero still offered this hide, I would definitely order a jacket in it, even if it came with a price increase. Besides, I cannot imagine this hide being that cost-inefficient, considering how insanely expensive Horween stuff is.

I've certainly never herd of any problems with the quality of the hide, but the scarring, while purely cosmetic, is not to everyone's taste. I think for me I might like it on some jackets but not on another - fine when you're looking at something OTR, but not really workable for a custom jacket. It's a hide, too, where there's enough of that that to avoid it really would create a lot of wastage.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The day of destiny is closer than I thought! The grizzly is ready

r15YURG.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana