Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Pouring down rain all day yesterday.. I found myself looking at jackets I don't need and..
I bought this one as the label states its from a leather jacket company that was about 2-3 miles from where I grew up.. I don't recall there being a leather jacket company there at the time ( Not that I would have ever been looking for it) and its certainly not there now.. some how this one ended up in England.. on its way back to LI now.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have a black Aero type III... Now I have a brown RRL Type I...

s-l1600.jpg

lucky23

One of the Regulars
Pouring down rain all day yesterday.. I found myself looking at jackets I don't need and..
I bought this one as the label states its from a leather jacket company that was about 2-3 miles from where I grew up.. I don't recall there being a leather jacket company there at the time ( Not that I would have ever been looking for it) and its certainly not there now.. some how this one ended up in England.. on its way back to LI now.
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have a black Aero type III... Now I have a brown RRL Type I...

s-l1600.jpg
Never heard of Bellerose but that's a damn fine looking jacket. 60s or 70s?

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking 70's.. and looking at the label I wonder if these jackets were mass produced somewhere over seas.. and then this label was sew in.
Ive no idea where they would've sold them my guess is Wilson's or another mall type store.

Bellerose is on the border between Queens and Nassau County on Long Island.. kinda in the vicinity of Belmont Racetrack

Brettafett

One Too Many
Been waiting for my BK since Sept last year! Damn, its taking long. Also putting pennies aside for AVI's new horsehide Perry A-2.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Impulse buy today. Tried on a 60s or late 50s Californian flight jacket today in store and walked out with it. Then I realized it didn't look as good as it felt. The size 46 felt like a 42 but soon became a 46 again. So it became a Dad gift. Which will inevitably become a Nick gift. The $180 lesson of the day is: "use a mirror". Seems I have better luck purchasing from afar using measurements than actually trying them on...

Psant25

One Too Many
Have a lewis dominator coming from Stronghold I am using as a fit jacket and then probably going with a custom corsair in black horsehide with black zipper tape and red twill lining. Any experience with fit i ordered a 42 have a 40 inch chest normally take a size 42 i like some room. The hem seems wide based on their measurements might have to see how it looks with side cinched in vsersus having the custom jacket tapered some to a size 40 waist.

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Have a lewis dominator coming from Stronghold I am using as a fit jacket and then probably going with a custom corsair in black horsehide with black zipper tape and red twill lining. Any experience with fit i ordered a 42 have a 40 inch chest normally take a size 42 i like some room. The hem seems wide based on their measurements might have to see how it looks with side cinched in vsersus having the custom jacket tapered some to a size 40 waist.
I've just sent back a Bronx in horsehide back as I thought the hide quality would have been thicker ... size wise I think they run true - I ordered a 44 and am 44 and it fitted OK

Psant25

One Too Many
I've just sent back a Bronx in horsehide back as I thought the hide quality would have been thicker ... size wise I think they run true - I ordered a 44 and am 44 and it fitted OK
Ok thanks. Maybe I should keep the sheep hide dominator if it fits... I dont think I would mind a thinner HH. My langlitz cow columbia is pretty beefy and this lewis is just for casual wear. Thank you for the reply

SimonR

One of the Regulars
Ok thanks. Maybe I should keep the sheep hide dominator if it fits... I dont think I would mind a thinner HH. My langlitz cow columbia is pretty beefy and this lewis is just for casual wear. Thank you for the reply
You may think it is fine - I was just surprised ... I really wanted cow but they didn't have one in stock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy