Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

lucky23

One of the Regulars
Is the zipper in good condition?

Glad to hear the CL HH impressed you. It is amazing. Here is one of my CHPs--

View attachment 159039
Gorgeous. Exactly what i'd love to find eventually. The zipper on mine needs repair:
kBIHjOE.jpg

I may have it replaced, Im not sure yet. I may just sell it for what I bought it for and cut my losses.
Its not perfect (the belt loops have been removed) but I didn't care as I was looking for a daily driver. Its definitely a 46L though. The HH is practically bulletproof! Heres some pix of me wearing it:
IegQvMZ.jpg

UbmgEJt.jpg

yd6l2c1.jpg

TUxvKhh.jpg

Gorgeous. Exactly what i'd love to find eventually. The zipper on mine needs repair:
kBIHjOE.jpg

I may have it replaced, Im not sure yet. I may just sell it for what I bought it for and cut my losses.
Its not perfect (the belt loops have been removed) but I didn't care as I was looking for a daily driver. Its definitely a 46L though. The HH is practically bulletproof! Heres some pix of me wearing it:
IegQvMZ.jpg

UbmgEJt.jpg

yd6l2c1.jpg

TUxvKhh.jpg
I think this looks pretty good! It's a little roomy in the back but when you get the main zip fixed and cinch in the laces you'll be good to go!

lucky23

One of the Regulars
I think this looks pretty good! It's a little roomy in the back but when you get the main zip fixed and cinch in the laces you'll be good to go!
Thanks. I dunno, I may keep it? May trade/sell it? I fixate on weird little things though. Its definitely the HEAVIEST jacket I own. That horsehide is no joke!

I agree with Ton, new zip and cinched in it will look good. Is that a split seam at the right cuff? When you swap out the zip make sure it is addressed. I gotta say, the leather looks great. Awesome jacket.

willyto

One Too Many
Just landed although the taxman hurt me badly:

xrCWPMT.jpg

8WHXA24.jpg

What a beauty!. It is very comfortable and warm. Also the leather trims are amazing. That natural colour on the cord side is really nice as is the black one on the troy liner side. i will try to get some fit pictures and review soon

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congrats! Especially the first one is really nice. Are these two jackets or is this a reversible jacket? What's the price? Yes, VAT and import duties are always a pain - in my case about 23-24% when importing from Canada despite the CETA agreement.

willyto

One Too Many
Congrats! Especially the first one is really nice. Are these two jackets or is this a reversible jacket? What's the price? Yes, VAT and import duties are always a pain - in my case about 23-24% when importing from Canada despite the CETA agreement.
It is a single reversible jacket. I bought it back in December as a preorder without the shipping thanks to an special offer at the time, it was $675.

Last time with the Grizzly I had to pay 123€ and this time it was 243€ although the jacket was cheaper than the first one... makes zero sense but it is what it is. Same with a couple packages from Japan I got recently containing the same stuff (1 wool mackinaw and 1 cotton jacket) with a 24900JPY value the first one I had to pay 38€ and the second one which was cheaper I had to pay 113€.

It is so freaking random. Sometimes I get charged a 12% extra over the main price then 21% VAT over that which obviously raises the price(A thing that I can't understand, they are basically applying taxes to the taxes to inflate the amount I have to pay). I called and opened a case because the actual value of the jacket doesn't match the conversion they made in euros...so I think they really charged me more than they should have. Hopefully it will get refunded and hopefully they won't find any other way to rob me from more money!

Rant over.

I'm very happy with the jacket and it fits me just as I like it to fit, I can't layer because I don't want really want to where I live.

nick123

I'll Lock Up

xrCWPMT.jpg

8WHXA24.jpg

What a beauty!. It is very comfortable and warm. Also the leather trims are amazing. That natural colour on the cord side is really nice as is the black one on the troy liner side. i will try to get some fit pictures and review soon

I'd be so stoked to have those two! Great purchases.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
It is a single reversible jacket. I bought it back in December as a preorder without the shipping thanks to an special offer at the time, it was $675.

Last time with the Grizzly I had to pay 123€ and this time it was 243€ although the jacket was cheaper than the first one... makes zero sense but it is what it is. Same with a couple packages from Japan I got recently containing the same stuff (1 wool mackinaw and 1 cotton jacket) with a 24900JPY value the first one I had to pay 38€ and the second one which was cheaper I had to pay 113€.

It is so freaking random. Sometimes I get charged a 12% extra over the main price then 21% VAT over that which obviously raises the price(A thing that I can't understand, they are basically applying taxes to the taxes to inflate the amount I have to pay). I called and opened a case because the actual value of the jacket doesn't match the conversion they made in euros...so I think they really charged me more than they should have. Hopefully it will get refunded and hopefully they won't find any other way to rob me from more money!

Rant over.

I'm very happy with the jacket and it fits me just as I like it to fit, I can't layer because I don't want really want to where I live.
Thank you for your reply. No, sometimes it doesn't make sense how they calculate VAT and import duties...I had the same issues in the past, mainly with parcels from Japan - sometimes I paid more, sometimes less. Nice jackets, enjoy wearing! Perhaps an option for the next winter....then I need to stop watching threads here and freezing my mind ;-) the fact that the jacket is a reversible jacket makes it even more attractive to me and it seems to be warm for wearing in Winter, especially in Barcelona, but our Winters here are also not too cold (average of 10°C this year)!

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.

xrCWPMT.jpg

8WHXA24.jpg

Inspired by 1920s-1930s, this jacket looks very stylish and smart to my taste. I like it very much, esp. when blanket surface outside.
Congrats Willy, nice purchase!

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
Beautiful Jacket Willy!, a nice two for one...which side do you prefer?

I'm very torn between the two. Good thing is that the corduroy side matches better with brown shoes and earthtones while the troy blanket matches better black shoes and blues/greys so I have a very versatile jacket in that regard. The cord side is more dressy while the blanket more workwear.

I wore it today but it was actually too warm :(

Fantastic jacket Willy! Congrats.

Thank you! It will get a lot of love, Himel has an eye for designs. The leather used on trimmings and collar/cuffs is amazing. I believe the black is shinki.

Inspired by 1920s-1930s, this jacket looks very stylish and smart to my taste. I like it very much, esp. when blanket surface outside.
Congrats Willy, nice purchase!

Thank you! That's the reason why I went for the blanket side, the harris tweed felt too formal somehow. That's right my alley when it comes to era.

Oh, it's one jacket! ^ duh!

haha Yes it is one! Thanks! It is a reversible one.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Just picked this up off eBay, older Vanson Model J with Talon zips. Ill post more pix when I get it in hand. Pretty excited, looks like a gem and was VERY affordable! The described measurements seemed spot on, so fingers crossed!
4nlRNwX.jpg

PFG1Q0b.jpg

Man I’ve been looking at that for a while, post a fit pic when it arrives!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR