Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

ksozay

One Too Many
Congrats! Nice looking jacket. I didn't dare to purchase one 'cos I have no clue how the quality is let's say compared to LW? The leather thickness is also about 2mm (5oz) and should be as heavy as a LW. How is the leather, craftmanship compared to LW (and perhaps FW if you own one)? Would be good to get first hand experience. Thanks!

I am a big fan of LW jackets, have a few, and can provide my opinion on comparison.

To me, Lost World jacket is a Ford Raptor. Fine Creek is a Ferrari. I love each but for different reasons. The fit and finish, construction quality, leather and liner quality - exceptional on the Fine Creek jackets. I was heavily skeptical and happily relieved to find the FC exceeded my expectations. The cut of the jacket just adds to my appreciation to the work that went into this jacket. Fitted, no wasted leather, no boxy fit. The leather is as thick/heavy as LW but very pliable and easy to wear. It had a finish similar to naked cowhide.

LW is such a great jacket. Great hide, great construction, great materials. Everything works together in a very balanced way. It’s not the best jacket ever made, but it is an incredibly well made jacket that is designed to work well for whatever situation you put it in. Take care of it and it will last for many generations.

I would grab my LW to ride the motorcycle, cut trees, climb mountains or wrestle grizzlies. I would grab the FC to take the wife to a nice dinner, wear around town, generally wear when I’m hanging out and not working out. :)

Love both. Hard to go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I am a big fan of LW jackets, have a few, and can provide my opinion on comparison.

To me, Lost World jacket is a Ford Raptor. Fine Creek is a Ferrari. I love each but for different reasons. The fit and finish, construction quality, leather and liner quality - exceptional on the Fine Creek jackets. I was heavily skeptical and happily relieved to find the FC exceeded my expectations. The cut of the jacket just adds to my appreciation to the work that went into this jacket. Fitted, no wasted leather, no boxy fit. The leather is as thick/heavy as LW but very pliable and easy to wear. It had a finish similar to naked cowhide.

LW is such a great jacket. Great hide, great construction, great materials. Everything works together in a very balanced way. It’s not the best jacket ever made, but it is an incredibly well made jacket that is designed to work well for whatever situation you put it in. Take care of it and it will last for many generations.

I would grab my LW to ride the motorcycle, cut trees, climb mountains or wrestle grizzlies. I would grab the FC to take the wife to a nice dinner, wear around town, generally wear when I’m hanging out and not working out. :)

Love both. Hard to go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your detailed feedback which helps a lot and didn’t expect that they make such good leather jackets!

IH loggers were a let down. Like my Dickies better. So an exchange for this 21oz denim work jacket is in the works. This hit my email about a week ago and I’ve been fighting it ever since.
C2AA449B-B9A5-40C7-816A-906FD089BBAA.jpeg
5FA7600B-E6C8-41A8-9AD3-E5BCB39DAE3E.jpeg

I couldn't resist and bought a GW Ventura in seal brown Shinki from a TFL member today which is much better than >3 years waiting - now I have to get rid of my RC....not really...I sold my Eastman A2 today and had budget.
I saw that one and you did quite well. Gorgeous dark seal. Really pretty leather. If that had been a 44” I would’ve been getting my calculator and green visor out.

Psant25

One Too Many
IH loggers were a let down. Like my Dickies better. So an exchange for this 21oz denim work jacket is in the works. This hit my email about a week ago and I’ve been fighting it ever since.
View attachment 158099 View attachment 158100
Me too damn nice jacket. I just got my 526pj getting used to the littler longer length. I gotta resist

Also digging the left field nyc greaser garage jacket ...

willyto

One Too Many
Another Mackinaw got delivered today. To be worn over a shirt only, I realized that here I can't really jutify layering under these thick wool coats. Sizing allows for just that which is great I guess because it was a bit of a gample!

Very high armholes and narrower sleeve head with a 29,5" body lenght and sleeves just reach my hands(Got very lucky!) maybe on the shorter side for this particular style. Too bad Spring is around the corner! It can be buttoned both sides (Unisex basically) Size 38 so if a 40 appears I might get it in the future

HOHgrR1.jpg

HdZkj7f.jpg

Last edited:
Another Mackinaw got delivered today. To be worn over a shirt only, I realized that here I can't really jutify layering over these thick wool coats. Sizing allows for just that which is great I guess because it was a bit of a gample!

Very high armholes and narrower sleeve head with a 29,5" body lenght and sleeves just reach my hands(Got very lucky!) maybe on the shorter side for this particular style. Too bad Spring is around the corner! It can be buttoned both sides (Unisex basically) Size 38 so if a 40 appears I might get it in the future

HOHgrR1.jpg

HdZkj7f.jpg
Love that!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I saw that one and you did quite well. Gorgeous dark seal. Really pretty leather. If that had been a 44” I would’ve been getting my calculator and green visor out.
It is/was actually me grail jacket and I thought that I will never find a used one in my size and I never thought that I find a Shinki as he no longer uses Shinki - actually this one is exactly my size. I'm really happy and looking forward to it - for sure I will post fit pics (hope it really fits me, but according to the measurements it should fit...)

It is/was actually me grail jacket and I thought that I will never find a used one in my size and I never thought that I find a Shinki as he no longer uses Shinki - actually this one is exactly my size. I'm really happy and looking forward to it - for sure I will post fit pics (hope it really fits me, but according to the measurements it should fit...)
Many folks have been very fortunate to find just such a thing in the classifieds here. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner