Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Look at the belt loops, that's typically how you can quickly tell how impressive the leather is. No question, this is great jacket. I have more than a few Cals and feel confident you will like this one. :)

One day you have to lay all yours out (I recall 20+ of them?) and take a photo. I for one would appreciate that. I only own six but every time I try to get out, the Cals pull me back in.

Psant25

One Too Many
Have a new ironheart 526pj type iii and a prison blues trucker on their way. Wearing my old trusty wrangler cowboy cut type iii around the house tonight. I guess you could say living in Wisconsin and sick of this winter bull shit I am dreaming of warmer weather!

Wow, it looks pretty beefy to me. But I understand fully the nagging feeling that something just isn't right about a particular item for me, which means I end up not wearing it.
Oh he has what’s called a condition...
6022F98C-9138-47F0-92B9-488C78182E99.gif

The Cal came in and it is absolutely amazing. That said, a seam at the cuff is a bit separated so I will take it to my local guy to stitch up and reinforce. Stuff like this usually drives me crazy but the jacket is so spectacular I could not care less. No question, older than my others and in nearly perfect condition. And it will be perfect with a little work. All other seams nice and tight. Fit is spot on. Typical Cal- more fitted at the waist (though i can loosen the side laces if I wanted) but with room to maneuver the upper body effortlessly. Very happy with it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The Cal came in and it is absolutely amazing. That said, a seam at the cuff is a bit separated so I will take it to my local guy to stitch up and reinforce. Stuff like this usually drives me crazy but the jacket is so spectacular I could not care less. No question, older than my others and in nearly perfect condition. And it will be perfect with a little work. All other seams nice and tight. Fit is spot on. Typical Cal- more fitted at the waist (though i can loosen the side laces if I wanted) but with room to maneuver the upper body effortlessly. Very happy with it.
Cigars all around!!
How old do you think this one is Jmax?
It def looks like the older ones with “the beef”!
B

Cigars all around!!
How old do you think this one is Jmax?
It def looks like the older ones with “the beef”!
B

My guess is 50s or early sixties. Just a guess based on online research and comparing to what I have. I have one just as beefy but you can tell the leather is from a bit later. Smoother, less grain. No brown showing through the black, and it never will. This is like my ill-fitting CHP Gwen confirmed was an early early Cal. My other ones are less beefy, still stout but less beefy. Indicating to me they are younger. Of course, I did not stay at a holiday inn last night so what do I really know lol.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My guess is 50s or early sixties. Just a guess based on online research and comparing to what I have. I have one just as beefy but you can tell the leather is from a bit later. Smoother, less grain. No brown showing through the black, and it never will. This is like my ill-fitting CHP Gwen confirmed was an early early Cal. My other ones are less beefy, still stout but less beefy. Indicating to me they are younger. Of course, I did not stay at a holiday inn last night so what do I really know lol.
Thanks man. Look forward to more review on this one when you get some time. It def is in the “Battle Black” class!
Double dig points for the collar and throat latch.
B

dannyk

One Too Many
You should have said you did stay at one. I’d have no proof. I could have believed. The Truth is Out There!

miglan30

Familiar Face
I am thinking of ordering a Schott 641xx from Japan. Just hope their size 40 is our size 40 lol. Anyone own one? Just want it for casual wear and not riding so the shorter sleeves and such are not a problem and preferable. Like the Schott because it requires no break in, is easy and not cumbersome, just wear and go...and relatively cheap comparatively speaking.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I am thinking of ordering a Schott 641xx from Japan. Just hope their size 40 is our size 40 lol. Anyone own one? Just want it for casual wear and not riding so the shorter sleeves and such are not a problem and preferable. Like the Schott because it requires no break in, is easy and not cumbersome, just wear and go...and relatively cheap comparatively speaking.

jJUeaHf.png

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Got an E-mail from Aero some time last week about my Bootlegger going into production.. I expect to receive a "pay now" e-mail to come through any day now! Both excited and stressed out. My Vanson Dakota is still not properly broken in. Wearing it every day rn to properly break it in so I can put it aside properly broken in before I have to start breaking in the next one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko