How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

nick123 and regius like this.
  2. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Just a simple Aero CR in black FQHH arriving today. Fingers crossed for a better outcome then my Chopper arrival earlier this week! Pics when she gets here

3. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

The Lewis product is presented like no others. I used to be addicted to the thrill of receiving a Legendary USA Schott box, & see & smell the neatly packaged jacket inside a plastic bag with hanger. You get the feeling you received a new jacket. My first Eastman also came with a nice package, nicely folded, with a swatch pallet, a paper bag (don’t remember). Then, Aero, a bit of a shock, when the box is square & the jacket just sits in there. Of course, you can’t beat the Horween aroma but the packaging of Aero was nowhere as nice as Eastman-or Schott. Then I bought a Levi jacket from Union Made. Came with a “cement/grain” bag, thought that’s really cool & vintage. The Lewis presentation is just the best, strong grain bag, plus a plastic bag, & a poster!! Only wish it has a Lewis hanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Marro, Lebowski, handymike and 4 others like this.
  4. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Packaging is like the drum role before the "reveal".
    I like that too but Lost World's and Aero via Thurston Bros have no bells and whistles but damn nice jackets!!!

You, Regius, have some outstanding jackets with versatility. You could probably mix and match forever with your current choices. Dare I say, "your journey has come to an end"?

5. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I didn't want to conclude my journey without the Elvis, but the way mine was sized, just, didn't work out, but, after I mailed it back, Aero refused to take it back and refund, only credit with a $100 fee. After much weighing, I decided to keep it (so asked Denny to send it back once he received it), a lot of pain in the butt but i will give it another chance, if still not right, I'll send to Alan to trim the waist. Apparently, I requested an additional 2" for the waist circumference.... and it turned out to be for someone with a 38 jean size... so, I could sell on ebay, it's really good for someone with a bulkier build, or, live with it. It's not that bad as some say here, ESPECIALLY AFTER LOOKING AT THE "BASTARD" JACKET fit photos, that guy seems also to be swimming in it, so, I wasn't too far off. He has longer legs and bigger chin, so the balance was better....

6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Oh oh oh!

7. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

I did not think the “Elvis” was that far off from looking fantastic. I think having it modified to your liking would be my preference too.

8. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

It sucks that you have to pay return shipping and it still didn't work out. But without a zipped up photo, the only thing I thought was that your t shirt was too long, which is an easy fix.
    Your Lewis Leather is awesome, everything about it, from packaging to fit. Congrats!

9. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

Fyi this is on sale along with a handful of others on schotts website I just noticed

barnabus likes this.
  10. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Got this coming from the UK to Australia ( AND NOT WITH GLOBAL SHIPPING !)
    I think this may be the elusive "Schott Highwayman" of myth and legend ?
    Expert opinions appreciated. Schott 6875 Highwayman 2.jpg Schott 6875 Highwayman 3.jpg Schott 6875 Highwayman 3.jpg

11. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I think that's a version of a Schott trucker jacket. That's a recentish one from their more affordable line, with the Schott logo embossed onto the chest. I think it may be an overseas production. Let us know.

Downunder G Man likes this.
  12. Downunder G Man

Will do. I had half thought myself it may be a "Euro" market special as opposed to a "Union made in New York"

If it is "too squeezy" on me I will put it up in the classifieds here and on Aussie Gumtree.

It very closely resembles google Images photos of "Schott Highwayman" except it has multiple inside pockets Schott 6875 Highwayman 5.jpg Schott 6875 Highwayman 6.jpg

13. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Pretty deceptive if it isn’t a “made in the USA” jacket with all those Schott NY and USA Flags attached to the label....

Downunder G Man likes this.
  14. Downunder G Man

Exactly ! Usually "Made in the USA" is prominent and obvious. My current Schott collection (5),very obvious in all of them.

15. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

My understanding of the Schott Highwayman style is it's the Schott 630. It doesn't have a half-belt it has a two piece back with a scalloped yoke. The Truckers have half-belts.

HoosierDaddy and Downunder G Man like this.
  16. Downunder G Man

I have been of the impression that "Trucker" jackets were a button up gig ?

However I have been known to be wrong ( just don't tell the Mrs !)

Almost for sure it is not a US made jacket , as MADE IN THE USA usually stands out like a Dingo's gonads

Be interesting to see , as I have had a "Euro Schott" in L or "Large" that would have fitted me 30 years ago !

US made "Large" fit me in most everything , Schott/Vanson etc etc

17. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Still hunting for my perfect Cafe Racer, this will be attempt #3 arriving next week. Plain simple Harley Davidson from 70s I think? Tried a vintage Excelled first ( measured smaller than seller described), the a new stock Aero CR (larger chest than advertised), so fingers crossed this is it!

s-l1600.jpg

18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

A little bit of a project, but we’ll see...
    982A57AD-E23C-43A2-8CC8-47D8B241C0B3.jpeg

19. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Bought the "Reeves" from FilmJackets. It's supposedly based on the jacket Keanu Reeves wears as John Wick in the movies of the same name.
    [​IMG]

Boyo and nick123 like this.
  20. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Ton's Vanson Gambler.

El Marro, JMax, Psant25 and 4 others like this.