How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Haha. Not quite. The Aero sale delayed the build and then it was shipped to TB, adding more time. No worries.

AbbaDatDeHat and ton312 like this.
  2. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Very nice! What is the pit to pit and shoulder? I was emailing holly about one of those. She said size was similar to a highwayman after she checked with the pattern cutters, but she did not have one to measure. I wear a 38 highwayman holly said i would wear a 38 chips. Thanks in advance !

JMax likes this.
  3. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Here is quote from my email comms with Carrie, who was (is) awesome BTW: "We've looked closely at the sizing of the CHIPS compared to the 40 Highwayman jacket. The 40 CHIPS is smaller in the chest (about 1/2 size), but the shoulder width is the same and the waist is the same. What we've found is that unless the Highwayman is a super tight fit (really, really snug in the chest), it's best to get the same size in the CHIPS that you are in the Highwayman"

I easily can go down a half size in the chest, to 23.5, and waist but the S2S was perfect. Hence, I felt very comfortable going with the 40 Chips with a taper.

Edit: I did have the P2P chest range on my order-- around 23.5" (40 Chips)

I think this answers all of your questions. Let me know if not. Cheers.

4. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Yes thanks @JMax !

So if I compare online aeros highwayman pit to pit going down or up 1 size is a difference in 1 inch pit to pit. So 1/2 size would be about a 1/2 inch difference pit to pit. My 38 zip sleeve highwayman jackets are 23.5 in p2p. So chips would be around 23.

Wouldn't the 40 chips be 24 pit to pit if a 40 highwayman is 24.5 pit to pit? Or did you just custom spec the 23.5?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  5. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One of the Regulars

So I'm waiting out a hurricane (dorian) an cant upload any pics. I have a schott p623h on the way finally. I've wanted one since day one of seeing it but couldn't pay the 1450 price. That's why I love the 2nd hand market. I love the color number 8 and cxl h to. I will post pics when it arrives

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

El Marro and JMax like this.
  6. John D Maccarter

I am a l.w. fan 1st. I am 5 weeks in while waiting on a custom ryder. Please bare with me. I ordered a ryder with a crown 10 main, I added the shoulder configuration panel from the trojan motorcycle jacket, I added the button cuffs from the limited edition national racer, and I added the triangular stitching found on the Leathertogs sleeves to the 3 front pockets. I ordered this in 3.5 ounce russet horsehide. I cant wait to see how it turns out! I will post pics soon. I hope

Colin G, red devil, steve u and 6 others like this.
  7. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

No, i got it wrong. The 23.5 was a minimum spec for the P2P range that I hand-jammed onto the top portion of the order, along with other measurements. Here is an excerpt from farther down the order sheet.

“Size 40 should measure 24 inches in the chest and 19.5 inches in the shoulders”.

So you are exactly on point. I just looked at my notes and quickly assumed all the numbers matched (they do, except for P2P, but that doesn’t help you).

Psant25 likes this.
  8. Logician

Logician Familiar Face

I am still waiting for my custom LW BK Goatskin Courier after almost 10 weeks. When it will be ready (soon I hope), it will take about 10 more days for USPS and Canada Post to deliver it to my home. I'm starting to get a little impatient. Hopefully, I should receive it by the end of September.

9. John D Maccarter

Have you talked to stu about the progress?
    I personally always just wait patiently when he's making me a jacket, I dont rush, bug or annoy him because I don't think that will help or hurry anything. I hope you get good news soon though buddy, no news is good news

10. John D Maccarter

Have you talked to stu about the progress?
    I personally always just wait patiently when he's making me a jacket, I dont rush, bug or annoy him because I don't think that will help or hurry anything. I hope you get good news soon though buddy, no news is good news

Logician likes this.
  11. Logician

Logician Familiar Face

Same for me. Rushing others is just not my style. Moreover, like you, I find it counterproductive. Only once did I inquire about an unusual delay, i.e. after about 6 months for a Test! Anyway, I have always been very satisfied with the results. I really can't complain. Quite the contrary. I'm just looking forward to it. Excitement and anticipation are starting to mount. This is quite normal. Especially, since it is my first LW goatskin.

El Marro, handymike and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  12. red devil

red devil One Too Many

You chose a really special model for your first LW goatskin :D

Mine is my first deerskin :)

Logician likes this.
  13. Wdawg

Wdawg Familiar Face

No tag but..
    j1002.jpg j100.jpg

14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

15. Wdawg

Wdawg Familiar Face

Paid peanuts as well man. Listed as a "Vintage mens leather jacket". Sizing info was weird so no idea if it will fit.

Monitor and JMax like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Congrats! Even if it doesn't fit at all, you just earned yourself at least $1K.

17. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I like the looks of their Ryder. Yours sounds pretty cool.

Explain the shoulder from the Trojan. Are you meaning the bi-swing or the pointed yoke? I like your cuff idea also.

I asked him before about doing similar options to a jacket and he was not overly receptive.

18. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

19. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

If you wanna move it along... ;)

20. John D Maccarter

The pointed top panel, not the bi swing