How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

Recent purchase - Canadian brand 'Victoria Sportswear' horsehide half-belt, c. 40's-50's.

IMG_3364~2.jpg IMG_3366~2.jpg IMG_3362~2.jpg IMG_3363~2.jpg

2. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter A-List Customer

3. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

4. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

657DD5AE-55DC-43AF-9B48-5599B1D33EEB.png
    Vanson cafe on the way from the bay. Seems like a good deal. Fingers crossed the condition is as described.

ton312, sweetfights, El Marro and 3 others like this.
  5. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ A-List Customer

Nice well loved Vanson BFD70! I also have another vintage V coming in next week. Talon zip on this one so Im guessing late 80s/early 90s maybe? Not sure when they switched to YKK

s-l1600.jpg

6. Teeej

Teeej New in Town

As soon as my commission check comes in hopefully a custom aero cafe or board racer (whatever suits my build more)

7. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

You know the drill. I had one. I saw something else shiny. I sold it to generate funds. Then regret set in.
    Price on this one was good, my size, and looks like the break in was handled for me.

8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Hercules Leather Co. Buco PJ-27 variant repro. I'll give it a full review when it arrives.
    [​IMG]

handymike, Psant25, El Marro and 2 others like this.
  9. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Is that the new vendor who recently posted? The pics look very interesting and I look forward to your thoughts. I recall the price point was nice too.

10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yep that’s the vendor. I immediately took to pestering the proprietor Tony as I can only think of one other maker (LW) who offers this pattern, and I've long wanted one. You are correct about the price as well. Right around the going rate for a used Vanson on the bay...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  11. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Off the top of my head I can't think of another one that regularly offers it (I have the LW and love that huge pocket on the chest). Anyways, I certainly am interested in your take on their offering.

12. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yeah this variant appeals to me more than the other pj...I'll give her a proper TFL intro thread when she lands!

AbbaDatDeHat and JMax like this.
  13. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

This one does not have the belt loops either, right? I like that it is a simplified version of a relatively simple jacket. Good luck with it.

ton312 likes this.
  14. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Correct...no belt loops. That attracted my eye as well. Super simple design.

JMax likes this.
  15. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Really cool to see somebody jumping onboard. I've been eying the cross zip half belt and the custom sizing makes it Even more tempting

ton312 likes this.
  16. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I'm really excited about this...could be a really great new addition to the list of makers and offered well below the going rate for custom leathers. Plus I'm super excited to get back into a crosszip...I've felt naked and afraid without one.

17. Tefouane

Tefouane A-List Customer

I'm waiting for an Aero B6 and and Aero Hudson !

18. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One of the Regulars

Were you quoted a lead time for completion and did you go full custom on the measurements?

19. Will Zach

Will Zach One of the Regulars

You've been very successful at pestering, as the website isn't up yet... ;) I am watching them as well, as I expect many others here. Tony will get a lot of orders once the website is up.

ton312 likes this.
  20. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Yes I am legendary at being a PIA! LOL. I’ll give a nice sneak peak once mine arrives.