How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ A-List Customer

I'm also a recent convert to early 70s Harley jackets and love my AMF Sportster. All nickel matching Scoville's. Same heavy duty horsehide. Your's must have gotten built on a Friday or by one of new AMF employees. Some hardware from this bin, some from that and the bike is done!

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

This arrived today! I’ll post more pics and a full review this weekend.
    FB2F90AC-F70A-4625-B985-866164377F0D.jpeg
    48B7FF85-3ACD-4E88-B159-D723731C5B0A.jpeg
    21869263-B6C7-40AB-B3BA-86CB63CF0FA8.jpeg

3. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

ton312 likes this.
  4. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

ton312 likes this.
  5. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

Ah very interesting Terry!

I actually own an All Weather jacket, however the label on mine is missing the 'Leather Garment Co. and San Francisco'. Nice to know my black steerhide jacket was more than likely made by the All Weather brand.

allweatherlabel.jpg allweatherjacket.jpg

6. rockabilly

rockabilly One of the Regulars

LOL no doubt you're right! Yeah, the horsehide versions of these jackets are just stellar man, plus the cut on these models are perfect.

7. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

ton312 likes this.
  8. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

ton312 likes this.
  9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It’s already penned. Just need some pics!
    I don’t believe it’s been pre distressed but it does show considerable character.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Guppy likes this.
  10. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

FIT PICS required!!!!
    Please!!

11. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

Kehoe made a fabulous jacket. I absolutely adore mine. Yours looks great. Enjoy it to the max.

rockabilly likes this.
  12. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

13. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

Salutary lesson for those of us who use EBAY for ‘bargains’ and are willing to go the extra mile with research (spoilers: use local knowledge).

I recently bought a really nice Surgeon’s jacket in brown corduroy by Nigel Cabourn (modelled loosely on the half belted Norfolk jacket worn by Dr Edward Atkinson on the ill-fated 1912 Scott expedition to the South Pole. It’s great, and I’ve wearing to work in cooler weather recently.

However, the one that I really wanted was one of the limited edition tweeds (a more faithful replica of Atkinson’s jacket with the half belt, vents to the tails and upper back, neck clasp to the lapels, etc. - more typical Japanese inspired attention to detail).
    It’s a very different character from the corduroy. Ideally, I wanted a size 54 (44”) but the 52 works and, although I’ll keep looking, it’s a very rare bird indeed.

I’ve been watching an incredibly expensive example in Japan on EBAY, trying to convince myself that it was justifiable. Messages to the seller trying to haggle got nowhere: typically polite and effusive reply, but no movement.

While Googling images, the same jacket appeared on a Japanese website, but at around half the price. Delighted, I contacted a proxy bidder in Japan whom I’ve used several times and he confirmed that it was a well known scam site. Disappointed, but undaunted I carried on Googling and found it again on another Japanese site. However, this time he confirmed that it was sound and we did the deal.

Upshot is that even with shipping and proxy fees added in the total was £300 cheaper than the EBAY BIN...

Proper images to follow when it arrives, but here are the images from the site of the corduroy and the tweed.

10169221-D836-4DBA-BA66-FEA3DF5672AF.png F17A34CD-AB04-4F27-989A-2F2E99C45D0F.jpeg 432446E9-46A0-4186-906B-64FAF3CDF4A5.jpeg B6B6F20C-3AB2-400D-966E-6DE462D4E946.jpeg CCDB8568-7DC0-4DD2-8FD2-EA7B0A7606AA.jpeg

mtrlr, sweetfights, Boyo and 6 others like this.
  14. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

I would love to see a close-up of the tweed-I have a heavyweight Harris Tweed jacket and the colours are glorious in the full sunlight.

15. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

I’ll photo and review it when it arrives, Peter.
    The best images that I have seen in the two cloths woven for it are grey/blue and red/brown.

Peter Bowden likes this.
  16. Dr H

Dr H One Too Many

These are shots from the web, but give a good impression, I think. A89EA23F-BA35-4F5A-9D72-1C15A03AE635.jpeg D4DF7DA9-3041-4F1C-9875-F5CD6BB125C6.jpeg

mtrlr and Peter Bowden like this.
  17. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Gift from my dad! Anyone know anything about this company?

38808CBC-052E-473E-AC72-EFB01BBED991.jpeg
    D1DCB4CB-770A-4EF2-A695-BF4F9D35ABBE.jpeg

powersci likes this.
  18. powersci

powersci One of the Regulars

I ordered an Aero B-3 and ANJ4 at the beginning of August. Fall has barely started and Chicago temps are still in the 70s/80s. I know I won’t be able to wear them for a few more months, but even so...

[​IMG]

And then I see Carrie has updated the Thurston Bro’s thread...
    [​IMG]

Only to see it’s another person’s order that has arrived and not mine...
    [​IMG]

ton312 likes this.
  19. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

I think Aero might be waiting for sheepskin to come in, I have a Thunderbay on order and was told it’ll be a few more weeks. Thankfully Sam, who replied to my email, couldn’t see me cry. On the other hand it’s not like I can wear it now anyway.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    El Marro likes this.
  20. powersci

powersci One of the Regulars

No!

Even if I can't wear it outside, I can wear it inside. Gotta start the break in process!

El Marro, ton312 and dubpynchon like this.