Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This CHP arrived. I am very happy with the quality. Heavy weight, supple leather, nice hardware, thick and silky satin lining but unfortunately it doesn't fit.
image1.jpeg
image4.jpeg
A knockoff of CAL?

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 825
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 885
This CHP arrived. I am very happy with the quality. Heavy weight, supple leather, nice hardware, thick and silky satin lining but unfortunately it doesn't fit.
View attachment 186347 View attachment 186351 A knockoff of CAL?

I've heard nothing but good things about Al's jackets. I believe they started up in the 80s filling out orders for police departments. Not sure if they are still around. Extremely nice find. The jacket looks perfect.

My understanding (could be wrong) was that Al's was founded by a former Cal Leather employee. Anybody know if this is true or not?

Just received this. I used a filter to dramatize the grain and show how distinctive it is. Very pretty color mouton collar. Star zipper seems like a replacement, and the quilted lining below the sheepskin has been replaced with leather. Arms have original quilt lining. This seems like horsehide in my opinion. Fit pics soon. Thunder Bay 1.0. View attachment 186215 View attachment 186216 View attachment 186217

This always makes me stop while scrolling down this page. Stunning!

El Marro

I just bought this jacket off the Thurston Brothers featured stock page. Total impulse buy, just looking around and it popped up again on my eBay feed I have been drooling over this exact jacket for months now it seems, really quite surprised that no one has bought it before me.
It’s blackened brown Vicenza with rust stitching and a Troy Mills wool blanket lining.
4C24F21C-B945-4BD8-8748-CEEC7A36922E.jpeg

My understanding (could be wrong) was that Al's was founded by a former Cal Leather employee. Anybody know if this is true or not?

No idea but it makes sense, given the overlapping styling cues and also being Ventura based. Much like my Classic, which was built in Portland by a former associate of LL.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
@elmarro great pick up. The contrast stiching really pops
@nick123 In my mind you were always an A2 type guy but this looks cool.

I myself am absolutely praying someone drives the price up on the Schott perfecto D pocket on the bay right now. It’s only been a month since i decided i wasn’t a cross zip guy and yet this thing is keeping me up at night.

I myself am absolutely praying someone drives the price up on the Schott perfecto D pocket on the bay right now. It’s only been a month since i decided i wasn’t a cross zip guy and yet this thing is keeping me up at night.
I decided that too...and now undecided that.

nick123

I'll Lock Up

Still an A-2 guy! But equally a D-pocket guy! Just a jacket guy! I prefer to ride on the notion of that earlier time, when variations of these jackets were cleverly marketed towards "the motorist or aviator". That's how I devolve from the pure moto association. They're just cool jackets from a design perspective.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I just bought this jacket off the Thurston Brothers featured stock page. Total impulse buy, just looking around and it popped up again on my eBay feed I have been drooling over this exact jacket for months now it seems, really quite surprised that no one has bought it before me.
It’s blackened brown Vicenza with rust stitching and a Troy Mills wool blanket lining.
View attachment 186419

Nice impulse. I've eyed this jacket. Look forward to some more pics.

El Marro

Nice impulse. I've eyed this jacket. Look forward to some more pics.
Thanks t!
I spoke to Carrie this morning since it had been a good long while since I had bought anything from them. She told me that I was correct this one had been on their featured stock page for awhile but considering they had only received it in late spring it had not gotten much attention during the hot summer months. I had assumed that this jacket had probably made the rounds as a fit jacket and I was fine with that, as it turns out though I will be one of the first people to try it on.
I will definitely post some pics once it arrives

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Truly excited to wear my new Ridley. Literally the day it came the weather shot up to around 85F, and had more or less stayed that way till a few days ago. I still have barely even examined it, so it'll be like getting a new jacket!

View attachment 186463
View attachment 186465

Nick this is amazing!!! Hope to see outdoor photos of it soon. May you and this Ridley have a long and joyful life together. :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 186419

El Marrio this is awesome! I really enjoyed getting my recent HWM through Carrie again. No regrets and hope you have none either. Very unique and screams personality! :)

El Marro

I just feel a little self conscious in them amd then it turns into a jacket wearing you scenario.
I was going to give you a hard time about this comment but then I realized that I feel the same way about hats. I have couple nice Stetsons that I wear around the house or out doing yard work but I would definitely feel self-conscious wearing them out around town
For what it’s worth I thought the Vanson C2 you had looked very sharp on you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21