Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I’ve got some interest in a few jackets ( mainly a type III from Aero in the goat suede they use on the majestic) but I’m waiting to see what the economy looks like in the next 4-6 months. I can’t see things just rebounding back to normal. Demand (well outside of here anyway) will surely fall. I have a feeling most makers will be selling at 1/2-2/3 pre-covid -19 prices. Not to mention the probable surge in the pre owned market. 22 million unemployed in the US and that’s what financial advisors are calling just the first wave. Sorry to be a downer but to me a little patience is probably going to save a good chunk of change in the coming months.
@ton312 I actually ordered my first type III from Aero made of rust suede goat about 3-4 months ago and will show pictures here once I received it...perhaps in May/June depending on the situation

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve got some interest in a few jackets ( mainly a type III from Aero in the goat suede they use on the majestic) but I’m waiting to see what the economy looks like in the next 4-6 months. I can’t see things just rebounding back to normal.
These are my thoughts as well and if I hadn’t gotten that phone call from Constantine I was also planning on avoiding any large purchases for awhile. It’s tough though because I want to support the people and businesses that I care about more than ever during this time. So far I am still working full-time and therefore I am trying to give business to my local merchants as much as possible. I am also trying to sock money away because I know that I will need it if this continues and my workflow dries up.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Would love to see it! That particular hide looks exceptional. Absolutely love the color.
According to Ken it's the best hide he's every handled...not sure if he's correct but I'm also looking forward to see it. Promised, I'll make a review

VestCoast

A-List Customer
I’ve got some interest in a few jackets ( mainly a type III from Aero in the goat suede they use on the majestic) but I’m waiting to see what the economy looks like in the next 4-6 months. I can’t see things just rebounding back to normal. Demand (well outside of here anyway) will surely fall. I have a feeling most makers will be selling at 1/2-2/3 pre-covid -19 prices. Not to mention the probable surge in the pre owned market. 22 million unemployed in the US and that’s what financial advisors are calling just the first wave. Sorry to be a downer but to me a little patience is probably going to save a good chunk of change in the coming months.
I grabbed a majestic in rust goat suede from Aero's stock clearing sale and its a fantastic hide. The smooth side collar is a great option as well, prevents that thrift store suede collar look.

I grabbed a majestic in rust goat suede from Aero's stock clearing sale and its a fantastic hide. The smooth side collar is a great option as well, prevents that thrift store suede collar look.
I kinda like that though! But I k ow what you mean. Thought about asking for the collar and waist straps in the smooth side of the hide.

NZJono

One of the Regulars
Any chance of some pics?. How do you find the weight?. I’m thinking of a Royale in the goat suede.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Maj1.jpg

If I may chime in: Here´s a picture of mine (is it sideways? Can´t seem to rotate it).

The hide feels pretty luxurious and certainly not lightweight. I regret to say that so far, it is not getting the wear-time it deserves, but that may change in time. The only slight issue I have is that the sleeves are lined with some kind of cotton which grabs on to long-sleeved shirts etc. A minor point tpough.

View attachment 229227
If I may chime in: Here´s a picture of mine (is it sideways? Can´t seem to rotate it).

The hide feels pretty luxurious and certainly not lightweight. I regret to say that so far, it is not getting the wear-time it deserves, but that may change in time. The only slight issue I have is that the sleeves are lined with some kind of cotton which grabs on to long-sleeved shirts etc. A minor point tpough.
I’m sorry to hear of what a terrible burden the jacket is to wear. Please PM for a direct payment and I’ll relieve you from the awful burden of owning such a thing. LOL. Suddenly I wonder if I should just leave the type III in the vintage realm and get after one of these...

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I kinda like that though! But I k ow what you mean. Thought about asking for the collar and waist straps in the smooth side of the hide.
I actually ordered my Type III with collar made of smooth side of the hide but I guess not the waist straps, at least I cannot remember

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
So after spending the last couple years drooling over JMax’s Octagon Chopper I finally ordered one for myself. For anyone who is not familiar with the jacket in question, here is a photo posted by JMax:
View attachment 228560
As I mentioned above, I have been drooling over this jacket ever since I first saw it posted here. But since I already have a Chopper in black comp. weight it seemed a little excessive order another one in a different hide.
At least that’s what I thought until yesterday when Constantine called me from Vanson to confirm shipping on an order I had placed for some of the cloth masks that they are now making. (FYI at the moment Vanson is only making cloth masks and Constantine told me that they are being inundated with orders). I had spoken to Constantine last year when I ordered my Commando and found him to be a real pleasure to work with. We talked a bit about that and he asked me if there was anything I was interested in in the jacket world at the moment.
Well it didn’t take much to get me going and I asked him about the Chopper they had made for JMax. Once I shot him a picture of the jacket he knew exactly which one I meant and we talked for about a half an hour on the phone reviewing all of the options for the build as well as his and my thoughts on our little world of leather jackets. As others have said, Constantine is an absolute pleasure to talk to and it is obvious that he really loves what he does and is just as into these jackets as we are. I encouraged him to consider joining the fedora lounge because I think it would be very interesting to get his perspective on things from time to time.
Once all the details were hashed out I put down my deposit. This is where things got interesting, because of the current situation the folks at Vanson do not know when they will be getting back into the jacket making business. Constantine told me that his best guess was they hope to have my jacket made by the end of June. I told him that I was not naturally the most patient person but considering current circumstances I understood that there are no guarantees whatsoever when it comes to timeline.
Well I’m very excited, and whenever it gets here I’m sure it will be something special. Thank you JMax for posting that beautiful jacket time and time again, I think the last time did the trick and now I’ve got my own on order!
GREAT IDEA. I am talking with Kim about a custom jacket, also because I have seen that Jmax's beautiful chopper. I bought a black chopper a few months ago thats the best jacket ever. I am considering a Octagon or Charcoal grey Model B but padded like chopper.

GREAT IDEA. I am talking with Kim about a custom jacket, also because I have seen that Jmax's beautiful chopper. I bought a black chopper a few months ago thats the best jacket ever. I am considering a Octagon or Charcoal grey Model B but padded like chopper.

Very nice, do you have pictures of the grey? If it’s CW, no worries, I’ve seen it, but I’m curious if it’s another leather. Have you seen the abyss blue Bainbridge? Wow. The octagon is amazing, you can’t go wrong. The oxblood Vanson has also is great. So many options with Vanson, one can get vapor lock trying to figure it out.

KissMyMuscle

One of the Regulars
Very nice, do you have pictures of the grey? If it’s CW, no worries, I’ve seen it, but I’m curious if it’s another leather. Have you seen the abyss blue Bainbridge? Wow. The octagon is amazing, you can’t go wrong. The oxblood Vanson has also is great. So many options with Vanson, one can get vapor lock trying to figure it out.
Do you find your octagon more brown or red in real life? Is it a constant color or something like battered tan? The photos online is varies a lot like the octagon comet below.
octagon.png Vanson_Jacke_Comet_Oct.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll get some pics up today, close-ups etc.

Mine is redder than orange. It is an oxblood type, darker red. Though in certain lighting it isn’t as dark as true oxblood. There was some discussion here about how the octagon got darker at roughly the same time that Vanson came out with the oxblood.

Some marbling but not to the level of the battered tan. So you only see it in certain light. I’ve posted pics in the past year or so that show this, but will add more today. I get positive comments when I wear this jacket. It’s my wife’s favorite leather. It’s very nice.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I’m sorry to hear of what a terrible burden the jacket is to wear. Please PM for a direct payment and I’ll relieve you from the awful burden of owning such a thing. LOL. Suddenly I wonder if I should just leave the type III in the vintage realm and get after one of these...

And it might JUST fit you (18,5” shoulder, 22,5” chest).

The real issue for me is: I am in suit and tie all my working hours, so my free time diet is restricted to denim, leather and the silly TShirt of the day.
The Majestic is just a bit too “College-Boy” for me. I will hang on to the jacket though, and hope I can kick the “neatness” out of the jacket. Won’t happen with much more wear, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran