Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Boyo, you have a wonderful collection. If I was your size I would be stalking you on PM for dibs in case you get tired of some and decide to move'em. :)

This one next week:
60DCC4F8-DAF9-4EA0-A83E-480D161E2AE4.jpeg

And maybe this one. On the fence only b/c of the color. Might be too light:
D203A119-2C1C-485C-A401-CA8C1950ADE3.jpeg

I dig the asymmetrical pocket flaps on the grey one but I think you're right about it being too light. That would get dirty, fast.
Yeah that was my thought too...wondering how much that would bother me and if it might actually make the jacket look better or much worse...

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So after spending the last couple years drooling over JMax’s Octagon Chopper I finally ordered one for myself. For anyone who is not familiar with the jacket in question, here is a photo posted by JMax:
8D2352FA-E586-467E-A6E3-86BE1F9E2CE5.jpeg

As I mentioned above, I have been drooling over this jacket ever since I first saw it posted here. But since I already have a Chopper in black comp. weight it seemed a little excessive order another one in a different hide.
At least that’s what I thought until yesterday when Constantine called me from Vanson to confirm shipping on an order I had placed for some of the cloth masks that they are now making. (FYI at the moment Vanson is only making cloth masks and Constantine told me that they are being inundated with orders). I had spoken to Constantine last year when I ordered my Commando and found him to be a real pleasure to work with. We talked a bit about that and he asked me if there was anything I was interested in in the jacket world at the moment.
Well it didn’t take much to get me going and I asked him about the Chopper they had made for JMax. Once I shot him a picture of the jacket he knew exactly which one I meant and we talked for about a half an hour on the phone reviewing all of the options for the build as well as his and my thoughts on our little world of leather jackets. As others have said, Constantine is an absolute pleasure to talk to and it is obvious that he really loves what he does and is just as into these jackets as we are. I encouraged him to consider joining the fedora lounge because I think it would be very interesting to get his perspective on things from time to time.
Once all the details were hashed out I put down my deposit. This is where things got interesting, because of the current situation the folks at Vanson do not know when they will be getting back into the jacket making business. Constantine told me that his best guess was they hope to have my jacket made by the end of June. I told him that I was not naturally the most patient person but considering current circumstances I understood that there are no guarantees whatsoever when it comes to timeline.
Well I’m very excited, and whenever it gets here I’m sure it will be something special. Thank you JMax for posting that beautiful jacket time and time again, I think the last time did the trick and now I’ve got my own on order!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
So after spending the last couple years drooling over JMax’s Octagon Chopper I finally ordered one for myself. For anyone who is not familiar with the jacket in question, here is a photo posted by JMax:
View attachment 228560
As I mentioned above, I have been drooling over this jacket ever since I first saw it posted here. But since I already have a Chopper in black comp. weight it seemed a little excessive order another one in a different hide.
At least that’s what I thought until yesterday when Constantine called me from Vanson to confirm shipping on an order I had placed for some of the cloth masks that they are now making. (FYI at the moment Vanson is only making cloth masks and Constantine told me that they are being inundated with orders). I had spoken to Constantine last year when I ordered my Commando and found him to be a real pleasure to work with. We talked a bit about that and he asked me if there was anything I was interested in in the jacket world at the moment.
Well it didn’t take much to get me going and I asked him about the Chopper they had made for JMax. Once I shot him a picture of the jacket he knew exactly which one I meant and we talked for about a half an hour on the phone reviewing all of the options for the build as well as his and my thoughts on our little world of leather jackets. As others have said, Constantine is an absolute pleasure to talk to and it is obvious that he really loves what he does and is just as into these jackets as we are. I encouraged him to consider joining the fedora lounge because I think it would be very interesting to get his perspective on things from time to time.
Once all the details were hashed out I put down my deposit. This is where things got interesting, because of the current situation the folks at Vanson do not know when they will be getting back into the jacket making business. Constantine told me that his best guess was they hope to have my jacket made by the end of June. I told him that I was not naturally the most patient person but considering current circumstances I understood that there are no guarantees whatsoever when it comes to timeline.
Well I’m very excited, and whenever it gets here I’m sure it will be something special. Thank you JMax for posting that beautiful jacket time and time again, I think the last time did the trick and now I’ve got my own on order!

Can't wait to see that!
And +10000 too on Constantine, I have been exchanging emails with him for a possible new Vanson idea i have, the guy is great. Every time i have called and talked to him we ended up nerding about leather jackets (vanson related or not) for what seemed hours, he is always great to talk to.
If anyone ever wants to get a custom Vanson made they should definitely talk to Constantine.

Edit: did you also get a removable fur collar? I find it veru cool on a Chopper.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can't wait to see that!
And +10000 too on Constantine, I have been exchanging emails with him for a possible new Vanson idea i have, the guy is great. Every time i have called and talked to him we ended up nerding about leather jackets (vanson related or not) for what seemed hours, he is always great to talk to.
If anyone ever wants to get a custom Vanson made they should definitely talk to Constantine.

Edit: did you also get a removable fur collar? I find it veru cool on a Chopper.
Carlos,
Yes I did! I really love the fur collar on my LW so it was a must have for the Chopper as well.

I’ve got some interest in a few jackets ( mainly a type III from Aero in the goat suede they use on the majestic) but I’m waiting to see what the economy looks like in the next 4-6 months. I can’t see things just rebounding back to normal. Demand (well outside of here anyway) will surely fall. I have a feeling most makers will be selling at 1/2-2/3 pre-covid -19 prices. Not to mention the probable surge in the pre owned market. 22 million unemployed in the US and that’s what financial advisors are calling just the first wave. Sorry to be a downer but to me a little patience is probably going to save a good chunk of change in the coming months.

Yup, sittin’ tight...
Although, the Seabiscuit is calling me...
I’m torn between this y2 type III and an Aero type III. One thing that has me overly cautious is the “crash” of 2008 and trying to dump my condo. I feel the current situation is exponentially worse and as such my cheeks are clenched. But at some point, hopefully they’ll be allowed to relax.
FB902EF6-3691-4789-BEAD-9B91EAA5D69E.jpeg

That’s pretty, but after my $29 Gap hack, I’m set with this style :). I feel things are different this time around. Housing will definitely drop in price, but mainly at the top end. Unfortunately I think the mid and lower homes will still hold value as there is so much demand since no one can get into a starter these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24