How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman A-List Customer

I found the measurements to make perfect sense. They were pretty much identical to this one I already have (also Said to be french) but the one on order has some really cool details and features this one don't have. Screenshot_20200405_234045_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

2. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I had a brown horsehide one of these in the 90s! I bought it in Paris at the flea market.
    Loved it for Winter in New York.
    Does yours have the belt?

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  3. Imuricecreamman

Seems like this one had the belt loops removed unfortunately, but I probably would never use it anyway. Did yours have the removable fur too? Seems like a crazy detail to me, but I love it:D

4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

No, mine was missing the fur collar, but it had all the buttons for it.

5. Imuricecreamman

Yeah, I was thinking about the removable lining. Seems weird to put both a beautiful wool lining and then a thick removable sheepskin one as well, but I'll take IT. :D

handymike likes this.
  6. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

Had to have to it. The earliest Sears issued MC Jacket I have seen. Love that lining! I'm putting together a visual timeline on the Sears MC jackets 1949-1962. Hercules, Fieldmaster, Fraternity prep, Oakbrook. Catalog pics with Real World jackets.

Here are the auction pics.

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

7. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Just bought a Aero Leather Teamster for 150 GBP plus 30 GBP shipping which seemed like too good of a deal to not to go for it. Been missing my own Teamster (my entry leather jacket!) ever since I sold it off in a moment of stupid. This will probably not see too much wear but at that price it will be a good beater for those colder nights out in fall.

8. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Seems to be like a bargain...congrats!! Looking forward to fit pics

Lebowski and jacketjunkie like this.
  9. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That’s the one. Of all the Herc M/C’s. That is THE ONE. Nice score Terry. Wearable size? I’ve seen a few over the years but all quite small.

10. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

Yes it is The One. It had a 23 chest, looks like it from the pics. 1st time seller, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Look forward to seeing it in and around the leather tree! Also the idea of a pictorial review across the label range is great!

Lebowski and tmitchell59 like this.
  12. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

2nd attempt at a brown HD CR. First one got returned to seller as they "forgot" to disclose the crazy hack job 23" sleeve alteration and said it was 25 all original etc. This one appears to be much more legit and in great condition. Rayon lining instead of the too warm quilt in my brown Excelled. Fingers crossed...

s-l1600.jpg

ProteinNerd, ton312, El Marro and 4 others like this.
  13. CBI

CBI One Too Many

nothing coming, nothing being considered at this time. My leather jacket interest is a 10000% a spectator hobby only now. I don't even wear the few leathers remaining. However, some cool looking jackets posted by members.

navetsea likes this.
  14. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

I wonder if anyone has recent vanson competition weight jacket to share?

15. Art101980

Art101980 New in Town

I was apparently drunk during this lockdown and ordered a schott A2 in 46
    I am nominally a 48 (as per the tape)
    I look forward to seeing how well/badly it fits

Pics will follow when received

RL204 likes this.
  16. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Think I posted one up in this thread last month but if not I can take another. Picked up a current stock Colorado aka CHP quilted. Actually much prefer this style vs my Chopper. While it is a different tannery / batch etc, it's still heavy duty. More on the lines of riding gear (tool) vs fashion jacket IMO.

Hh121 likes this.
  17. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

I only saw your model J which is spectacular, I want see their latest production.

18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

This would be the one...
    D94670D8-8E53-413D-9816-700E03496180.jpeg

19. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

There’s a seller on Etsy selling a cidu knock off that, given your leather recalibration skills, could look the business for 1/3rd the cost.

20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I have all the projects I need with the Kehoe...

ton312 likes this.