Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

This one is black HH, I am pretty sure you would rock this style much better than I ever could :)
It looks like deer in the pics! I don’t think I could RD. You’ve got the balls (I don’t want the spelling cop to come at me again) but I certainly don’t... Enjoy it, looks like you made some great choices with the finish!

It looks like deer in the pics! I don’t think I could RD. You’ve got the balls (I don’t want the spelling cop to come at me again) but I certainly don’t... Enjoy it, looks like you made some great choices with the finish!

If you can ride that one-off bike through Chicago, you’ve got the giblets to wear this jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
are those snaps mean the jacket when worn completely open the entire front can be folded back and anchored to those snaps? the other half look like a normal center zip panel.

Colin G

One Too Many
It's nicely made, that inside pocket is sweet but I can't get over that style. Those snaps...

I thought the same at first, until I handled a Real McCoy's version and now I am a believer.

It is not a particular style I could pull off but that particular style of jacket is very nice.

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
are those snaps mean the jacket when worn completely open the entire front can be folded back and anchored to those snaps? the other half look like a normal center zip panel.

The main snaps are decorative, there is one on the side to hold the lapel if you wear it open, it has a cover when not in use. It is the smaller one

red devil

I thought the same at first, until I handled a Real McCoy's version and now I am a believer.

It is not a particular style I could pull off but that particular style of jacket is very nice.

When I first saw it I thought it was not for me, then the more I looked at it the more I came to like it. And then I saw one in the flesh... this is the result :)

Edit: typo

dubpynchon

One Too Many
@John D Maccarter beat me to it in the cross zip thread, but it is completed

LeathertogsB-6A.jpg

LeathertogsB-11A.jpg

LeathertogsB-13A.jpg

LeathertogsB-10A.jpg
That looks amazing. Once I stopped drooling I noticed the great lining choice.

Well, I'm going the opposite direction - the more I see it, the more I dislike it. Honestly, I find it borderline ridiculous at this point but that doesn't mean nothing at all, I like the most basic stuff anyhow and hey, all the more power (and love) to ya for being brave enough to rock that thing! :D

Edward

Bartender
I've been lusting after this Hinoya, house branded, blanket lined denim jacket for a while. Not sure if I'll pull the trigger or not yet.

View attachment 229493
View attachment 229494

Very nice indeed. I have recently been considering purchasing what would be my first denim jacket in over a decade, and looking back at them I have discovered I am now so, so over the Type 3 / Trucker that is just everywhere. I've come to much prefer simpler, more utilitarian earlier styles, and in particular I've realsied that while I still like ashort jacket, I'd much rather buy something like this that is longer by design than any of the modern versions of the shorter jackets that have been ruined by taking an average 25" length to 28-29", totally throwing off all the proportions.

This one looks great - love the blanket lining, too.

red devil

Well, I'm going the opposite direction - the more I see it, the more I dislike it. Honestly, I find it borderline ridiculous at this point but that doesn't mean nothing at all, I like the most basic stuff anyhow and hey, all the more power (and love) to ya for being brave enough to rock that thing! :D

No bravery needed, there is already an eagerness to wear it lol

red devil

@red devil How heavy is their deerskin compared to 4oz horsehide? I also wonder how this Leathertogs would look made of navy blue Deerskin

I think it is 3.5oz, If you are to compare the blue deerskin J24 versus my black HH which is around 4oz, you are looking at 2.84kg vs 3.56kg. The quilted lining on the black HH is maybe a bit heavier than the satin lining of the deerskin version.

I have been considering a blue deerskin version of it, so I believe it would work really well. I will have another version of it same as I did with the J24, I like it that much :D

None of my stuff moved for over two months now. Or three? I can't even remember. All I know is I got three jackets in the mail. Somewhere.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I think it is 3.5oz, If you are to compare the blue deerskin J24 versus my black HH which is around 4oz, you are looking at 2.84kg vs 3.56kg. The quilted lining on the black HH is maybe a bit heavier than the satin lining of the deerskin version.

I have been considering a blue deerskin version of it, so I believe it would work really well. I will have another version of it same as I did with the J24, I like it that much :D
@red devil Thanks! Sounds like a wearable weight (Deerskin). Yes, I know both of your J24 and like them despite the "blingbling". You do have such a great collection and sadly Stu doesn't offer red HH or Deerskin...but you already have red leather jackets like the Tenjin or possibly others ;) :D

red devil

@red devil Thanks! Sounds like a wearable weight (Deerskin). Yes, I know both of your J24 and like them despite the "blingbling". You do have such a great collection and sadly Stu doesn't offer red HH or Deerskin...but you already have red leather jackets like the Tenjin or possibly others ;) :D

It will make for a very comfortable jacket and look very unique :)
I only have one red leather jacket and that is the Tenjin for now, but I have plans for at least another one, otherwise I would have to change my forum name lol

A red HH from LW would be something else! Unfortunately he is not getting enough demand to warrant carrying this colour I guess.

Kuro

Practically Family
Well, I have decided to get a Freewheelers La Brea. I am purchasing from Watanabe-san from Genco who I purchased my Centinela from.

After owning my Centinela for a few months and really enjoying it, how it fits, comfort, design etc. I decided I really like the design language of Leathertogs jackets, they really are different. Long story short after watching Himel talk about his Ross Mk.1, I was inspired to look at the La Brea again and started noticing very small details that make the jacket unique, like the lower lapels when zipped up snap to the jacket. I don't see that on other similar designs and completely missed it the several other times I looked at the La Brea.

I was contemplating a Buco JH-1, but once I got into the Leathertogs design language, combine shared details with the Centinela that I like and I know fits me well and the choice became easy to decide. Low risk and high reward.

I will have to wait until EMS shipping from Japan to US starts again (currently suspended) and that could be a long wait. I am OK with that. I will get it eventually. Got other jackets I can wear in the wait.

The other good news is that I will have to let my Aero Ridley go before too long to make room. Someone is going to enjoy that!

That is my news. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112