Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Psant25

One Too Many
8B7F0E46-64C8-4AF3-8CCC-CAE2F5C63459.png
This one is tempting me

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, perhaps a SLIGHT exaggeration...:)

The jacket of RiceKnight retails at GBP 2.200, so we are talking serious money here...

At 40% off, it gets more interesting :)

It feels that the real selling price is the sales price for fashion brands...

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bally has been in the leather business for many years and their quality is first rate. I have a Bally lamb jacket and, while it is not as hearty or robust as a HH jacket, it is nevertheless a stellar garment. That said, I haven't worn it in years because my preferences have changed.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Bally has been in the leather business for many years and their quality is first rate. I have a Bally lamb jacket and, while it is not as hearty or robust as a HH jacket, it is nevertheless a stellar garment. That said, I haven't worn it in years because my preferences have changed.

This is what I meant, Super. Good stuff, but preferences have developed elsewhere. Subtleties of language. Thanks.

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
Hey, RiceKnight, I hope I did not come across as lecturing you or judging your decision. I certainly did not mean to, and I have my own share of fashion-stuff.
I would never question personal taste, and as I said I find Bally makes a high-quality product.

No offense taken. I grew up with my dad's higher end fashion jackets and only in the last few years found out about heavy duty vintage repro jackets.

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face

The quality of Bally has gone down over the years. My parents live in Switzerland and love the brand. If you walk into the second hand stores there and look at the Bally bags and things, the leather use to be so nice and thick and their name was built on high quality leather craft.

Unfortunately now they are owned by a large chinese/hk company and their quality is more mainstream.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The jacket arrived, the leather and cut are nuce and the stitching is tight. It's fairly cropped, but this is my first bikers style so maybe that's normal.
View attachment 237514 View attachment 237515 View attachment 237516 View attachment 237517 View attachment 237518

A lot of the older moto jackets are shorter (true of a lot of vintage styles) because higher-waisted pants and tucked in shirts were more the norm.

Jacket looks nice!

Wear it in good health.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The quality of Bally has gone down over the years. My parents live in Switzerland and love the brand. If you walk into the second hand stores there and look at the Bally bags and things, the leather use to be so nice and thick and their name was built on high quality leather craft.

Unfortunately now they are owned by a large chinese/hk company and their quality is more mainstream.

How do you find the quality on this one as compared to your expectations?

Pkshfo74036

Familiar Face
How do you find the quality on this one as compared to your expectations?

The stitching is perfect and tight, the panels and cut lead to a very nice fit. The leather is perfect for me, flat with no grain, until the grain starts to pop and the wrinkles start appearing.

Maybe the nicest jacket I've ever owned. My other favorite is my Tenjin JS02

willyto

One Too Many
It does look good. The only thing that would bug me personally is the flag but other than that the design looks nice and the fit on you is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot