Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

View attachment 239216 View attachment 239217 View attachment 239218 View attachment 239219

It just arrived! And it looks fabulous imho. A tiny bit tight in the armholes and shoulders though. Might have to send it back :(. I’ll wear it some more inside this evening and feel it out properly before making a decision. I really want to keep this.

It looks great to me!!! And shoulder seem wide enough. Maybe the armholes are just pushing your shoulders back so it appears as it's tight. But I really like the way it looks on you. Spot on trucker fit.

Mandarin

Practically Family

Psant25

One Too Many
Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Wow that looks great!

any chance you could post size and measurements ?

I don’t think size and measurements would be representative since this was done “freehand” by Ken working from home. Just noticed it doesn’t even have a size tag. But measurement are

Pit to pit 23”
Sleeve 25”
Back 23.5”
Shoulder 18”

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
It looks great to me!!! And shoulder seem wide enough. Maybe the armholes are just pushing your shoulders back so it appears as it's tight. But I really like the way it looks on you. Spot on trucker fit.

I agree it looks really good. On pictures and when I look in the mirror. But there’s something going on in the armhole/shoulder area that makes it a bit uncomfortable. I’ll wear it some more inside this evening before I pass judgement.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree it looks really good. On pictures and when I look in the mirror. But there’s something going on in the armhole/shoulder area that makes it a bit uncomfortable. I’ll wear it some more inside this evening before I pass judgement.
Beautiful jacket. In my experience the ones that were a hair too tight always looked great in photos, they always look better than the jackets that actually fit!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Next jacket in my head:

Brown FQHH or dark seal battered Barnstormer
Black mouton collar (if not an option, I shall discard this proposition entirely)
Tartan lining
Aero campfire label

It will be the coat I wear whilst I stroll with my little black dog around the block.

Psant25

One Too Many
I don’t think size and measurements would be representative since this was done “freehand” by Ken working from home. Just noticed it doesn’t even have a size tag. But measurement are

Pit to pit 23”
Sleeve 25”
Back 23.5”
Shoulder 18”
Ok about a 42 type iii pit to pit. 42 type iii shoulders though i think normally 19 or 19.5 when compare to stock type iii on TB site. That is the issue im sure. Pretty short but looks great with higher rise pants

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Ok about a 42 type iii pit to pit. 42 type iii shoulders though i think normally 19 or 19.5 when compare to stock type iii on TB site. That is the issue im sure. Pretty short but looks great with higher rise pants

That could be it.

Aero 30’s HB is out for delivery. I fully expect it to be too small. It’s 90 degrees headed toward a record high 92. At least it will arrive soft. I can wait.
B036A9F9-508A-4A65-827A-F909CA61A90D.jpeg

Mich486

One Too Many
Looks good in the pictures but if it doesn’t feel right when you try it on normally it isn’t a good sign.

The traditional Levi’s Type III doesn’t have high armholes so there is something odd going on with the pattern they’ve used.

SCANDAL

New in Town
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just place my order with Langlitz Leathers and I order the Columbia jacket with padding on shoulder and elbow. They told me there is a six months waiting period. I'm so excited, this is my first time ordering custom made jacket. Hopefully I don't mess it up :D

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just place my order with Langlitz Leathers and I order the Columbia jacket with padding on shoulder and elbow. They told me there is a six months waiting period. I'm so excited, this is my first time ordering custom made jacket. Hopefully I don't mess it up :D

Hi, welcome! Langlitz are some of the best when it comes to getting the right fit, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Good choice! :)

So this Aero is like a bit of a time capsule. Made in 2012 for Insurrection (I believe before the Thurston moniker). Has the cool throat latch, backward belt and 4” corduroy hem guard. It came out of the box without a single sleeve crease or nick in the CXL. I don’t think it’s ever been worn!
1AC0A805-27EE-4837-8236-9CFE3D485E31.jpeg
ADC84C64-C8B3-40D8-A2E8-8019A10455EC.jpeg
0B757503-6518-4710-9D24-46F703A1975A.jpeg
107F8155-AC1F-4910-8D9A-BFD36BFE01E6.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 239216 View attachment 239217 View attachment 239218 View attachment 239219

It just arrived! And it looks fabulous imho. A tiny bit tight in the armholes and shoulders though. Might have to send it back :(. I’ll wear it some more inside this evening and feel it out properly before making a decision. I really want to keep this.
nice fit on the pic, the front yoke looks a bit high usually after the 2nd button. I like snug shoulder and armhole that fits like heel of a shoe gives better mobility even without gusset on the back or underarm, but sure not everyone can like the tightness there.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
nice fit on the pic, the front yoke looks a bit high usually after the 2nd button. I like snug shoulder and armhole that fits like heel of a shoe gives better mobility even without gusset on the back or underarm, but sure not everyone can like the tightness there.

Good spot, I hadn’t noticed the front yoke sits a little bit high on this particular jacket. Yes, I’m sure snug armhole can be really comfortable for some body types. It seems I’m unfortunately not one of those :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto