How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Wow, amazing. That trapunto stitching on the collar is something else, you can't even see that normally. Theo is really showing off his skills.

Marc mndt and Jejupe like this.
  2. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

And it's probably two sizes too small for you so best to breath in that chrome leather scent and ship it out to NJ. PM's always welcome ;)

torfjord, Will Zach and ton312 like this.
  3. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

On a different topic, the addiction struck again last night. Literally one day after I eBay my Aero M422a that was too large, I buy this. It's like the jacket closet gods demanded a like replacement!

1968 Martin Lane G1 - Tag 42
    s-l1600.jpg

marker2037, El Marro and ton312 like this.
  4. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

It’s only right. Everyone needs at least one (or six) G-1s in their collection.

dubpynchon likes this.
  5. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

You can't go wrong with a G-1, lightweight, made from goatskin, easy to wear due to the action back, mouton collar... it's my personal favourite jacket design.

Feraud likes this.
  6. Old Mariner

Old Mariner Familiar Face

Right now, I am looking at getting a coat based on the style of a pea coat (in possibly navy) and another* reproduction U Boat deck jacket (this time in black leather).

*I say another because my first one (in grey), I had outgrown and could no longer fit in it....which of course bummed me out, because I really liked that jacket and used it frequently. I chose to go with black this time because I just want a change from the "typical WWII grey" (plus I don't attend events anymore). Black seemed more common with WWI.

7. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well, I went a bit crazy waiting for the LW. Two jackets inbound.

A Thurlow Deerskin MC jacket exactly like @tmitchell59 jacket. Hope it fits.

The second is the Langlitz recently posted in the Deals thread by @jacketjunkie. Thank you sir. I received pictures from the seller and the measurements were a bit off so I hope it works, especially the length. He graciously accepted a lower offer too. Both deals I will pass on to folks here if one or both do not fit.

8. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

^^
    Good luck with the Thurlow. I hear that deerskin is like buttah.

JMax likes this.
  9. JMax

I like to rub buttah all... I’ll stop there. After seeing TM’s video review I set up a search on eBay. Finally paid off.

tmitchell59, Zoo and Mrfrown like this.
  10. Mrfrown

Mrfrown One of the Regulars

This little guy is on the way. I guess I’ve entered a vestmania stage.

8A49F1AE-8EA5-4CA7-AC5C-F6910842D1BE.jpeg 449F7A06-C70B-4FC6-B908-325207750BB5.jpeg 26BFE84F-933C-46BE-99AE-50AB099BD330.jpeg

El Marro, navetsea, Zoo and 4 others like this.
  11. willyto

willyto One Too Many

I am going to sleep on the purchase of a jacket I have on my wishlist.

I am wearing the black version of it to bed to break it in a bit and I guess it will help make my decission.

Colin G, El Marro, JMax and 2 others like this.
  12. Mrfrown

Cryptic. Esoteric. I feel ya. It’s a commitment. How else to know? The desire grows, but perhaps one last experiment. The plan is set.

willyto, El Marro and Monitor like this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

Good stuff but not when you're looking for someone. I've discovered that girls, well, women my age can't believe I'd actually wear a leather vest in a unironically.
    Don't know whether to retire my LW vest or to keep on going. I mean, honesty and all that...

Carlos840, El Marro and Mrfrown like this.
  14. Mrfrown

1) Been with and then married to same lady for a long time now- so that part of the equation has been long out of my consideration. I’d say sounds like the kind of thing that may also depend where you are. In New Orleans lots of different types of dress and presentation are within the realm of the typical

2) if you’re gonna move it on, I’m awfully curious about the sizing :) :)

15. Monitor

Monitor

Neither my ex ever liked that thing and now the effects are not exactly flattering. As much as I love to wear it, it's getting to me. And since it's the only leather thing I took to our trip to Canada, which has been beautiful, it reminds me of our time together there. Funny how things combine to end up meaning something entirely else... That vest was supposed to have some history, and once it finally gets some, turns out I'd rather forget all about it.

Anyway, it's a 40 but a roomy 40. Textbook 42, IMO.

Carlos840 and Mrfrown like this.
  16. Mrfrown

Typical then, too large for me. That apparel annex pickup may be the singular exception.

And yes. For all the glorification of the gain of character through use, sometimes it brings to mind times of use that would rather be forgotten. That being said, barring some particular shame or horrible regret, even those bitter moments can become bittersweet or even pleasant memories with time.

After all, character is formed by both positive and negative interactions compounded again and again.

Something to consider at least.

red devil, Colin G and Monitor like this.
  17. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

You just haven’t met the right lady yet. When you do she will notice your eyes and your smile and the vest won’t mean a damn thing either way.

Carlos840, seres, dubpynchon and 4 others like this.
  18. JMax

Or even better, she will ask you to keep it on during aggressive cuddling.

19. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter Practically Family

Hell yea, im making that reference my own, "aggressive cuddling "

JMax likes this.
  20. Psant25

Psant25 Practically Family

Yes please! Johnson Leather MC-500

Attached Files:

Zoo, ton312, MrProper and 6 others like this.