How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family

10365725_768991829803908_6183218834425533286_n.jpg

Edward, dark wood, Zoo and 19 others like this.
  2. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great pic! I hope I can wear it with half as much cool as you.

3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That is interesting on the First Sears Store.

I look forward to your assessment of this style. I have owned 5-6 of this low adjustment jackets. One brown the rest black, all of them steerhide.

I also have this low adjustment style in Horsehide, which does not show up too often. I've only seen it in Black. Dena did some repairs on the neck lining. DSC02559.JPG
    DSC02562.JPG

This is a low adjustment VS a more traditional half-belt style. The black is Horsehide the brown is very heavy Steerhide. A much heavier hide than found on the steerhide low adjustment.

DSC04534.JPG DSC04574.JPG

Attached Files:

4. ton312

ton312

Boy that tree never disappoints! Those are both gorgeous. I'm super excited to get it. Praying it fits. If it's half as good as the HB I just picked up I'll be pleased as punch!

dannyk and tmitchell59 like this.
  5. ton312

ton312

Here are the various states of the Sears store from oldest to newest (left to right). At some point they bricked up the windows. I used to shop there all the time. It was a very easy place to purchase Levi's and Carhartt gear. Now it is a condo building with a Devery institute Of technology on the first floor.
    [​IMG]

6. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

The original Sears Tower?

ton312 likes this.
  7. ton312

ton312

LOL. I’ve made this joke too. There’s also a now long abandoned sears building along the skyway with the same water tower. I joked that was the original. It’s funny because both the far southeast and this far north building are almost identically built. Totally different subject but my aunt who had a farm in Mcnabb bought her farm house out of a sears catalog.
    490C3A64-8D6D-4C72-95F0-34159886FDCF.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Zoo, Mil, navetsea and 5 others like this.
  8. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

You're not far off - the former Sears store near @ton312 was built in 1925. That same year Sears built a 40 acre (16 ha.) HQ/warehouse complex on the southside of Chicago in the Lawndale neighborhood, along a freight rail line at Homan & Arthington [hence the name of one their house brands, "Homart"]. 22,000 people worked there every day for decades. Most of the buildings were razed in the mid-90s but the 14-story brick tower that housed execs' offices still survives, repurposed as a kind of tech & non-profit/arts hub renamed 'The Nichols Tower at 906 S. Homan Ave.

Benny Holiday, ton312, dannyk and 2 others like this.
  9. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

My aunt Ann in Missoula, Montana lives in a bungalow that was built from a Sears kit.

10. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

dannyk likes this.
  11. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

It looks more inviting with the narrower street and the tree line walkway in the early picture.

ton312 likes this.
  12. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

Terry, what does low adjustment refer to?

tmitchell59 likes this.
  13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

41C45C8C-640B-4E94-87A0-59456ED8AEE5.jpeg

jonbuilder and tmitchell59 like this.
  14. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

At the end of May I sorta lost my mind when I really looked at the LW Ryder vest that @Monitor picked up off ebay (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/lost-worlds-ryder-leather-vest-waistcoat.97840/) and decided I had to have something like it for myself. After talking to LW, JL, and Vanson I decided to work with JL. Its now on the way, 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

I went with a light brown CXL horsehide 3-3.25 oz and brown poly satin lining. Otherwise the features hew pretty close to the original. I have to say the process was fun. It was easy to work with Damon at JL and he had a sharp eye for potential fit issues from my pics with the fit vest. Fingers crossed for the final fit! Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it and wear the hell out of it.

JL Vest.jpg JL Vest 2.jpg JL Vest 3.jpg

Boyo, roadking04, dannyk and 12 others like this.
  15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

What, no fringe!?!

Mrfrown likes this.
  16. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

One fine day, HM. ONE FINE DAY!

In truth there are several I’ve been keeping an eye on but none both as nice and as affordable as that dang Kehoe.

17. Monitor

Monitor

Aaah, so cool my vest inspired you to go thru with this project! But you seriously made a great call. I wanted to get rid of all my LW stuff after the debacle I went through with them recently but just couldn't bring myself to list this vest. This is one piece I know for a fact I won't ever find a decent replacement for, short of going full custom.

Plus, this girl I met some time ago commented how it's the coolest when I was wearing it one day so it even brought me one IRL compliment.

Your vest will look even better down the line 'cause of the CXL. Plastic LW finish isn't keen on getting that mean patina I'd prefer but on the other hand, the thing is indestructible so it's got that going on.

dannyk, navetsea, jonbuilder and 4 others like this.
  18. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

seperate the creator with the creation friend, if its objectively good keep it :)

Cornelius, red devil and Mrfrown like this.
  19. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Didn’t actually buy this but considering it. This one is on pre-order and not out yet. I’ve always liked the Commando and we have members here that own them. But I’m confused about the leather. I feel like I’ve read about this here before but can’t recall where. I know it has and so sorry if the answer has become well known by now. The question is in regards to the Vanson-Left Field-Butterscotch Aloha Jacket. Aka Commando. In the written description they call it Competition Weight. But under the breakdown/stats of the jacket it’s x-150. I know there’s been a lot of confusion over x-150 and z-150 and now add in this. Can anyone provide me with an explanation before I consider ordering? Thanks guys!
    61981F66-1359-4720-8759-D80D13953734.png B3536910-3A72-446F-8FD6-BB0CBDEF0FB8.png

20. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

X-150. With some made in Firenze, designated as Commando-S. Recently read here that some from Butterscotch were in Z too. I did not know that. But the original from LF and non-S designated Butterscotch Commandos, are generally X-150. This is straight from Vanson’s mouth. I asked them after being confused by the same phrase you highlighted. It’s a poorly worded description. And this one does say X-150 a few sentences below.

Carlos840, Psant25 and dannyk like this.