Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Haha, I dunno what they were thinking. The main zipper is a YKK, the rest are all KKK. So stupid! It's a cool jacket otherwise and fits so nice.
Replacing pulls is what I meant, just gotta find some nice chain pulls.

That’s one I’ve yet to see. Maybe just scrape off a K? Lol.

That’s one I’ve yet to see. Maybe just scrape off a K? Lol.

It's pretty hilarious in a way. Took me a good minute to actually process the fact that's what on the zippers. I mean, it doesn't have any meaning where I am of course but it's a nice jacket and I'd much prefer it with chain pulls. Might make a project out of it.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Anyone want to own up to being the high bidder on this one? It shot way up in the last hour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363044217370

Happy ending for me. The high bidder apparently backed out and I got a second chance offer, which I accepted. That's only the second time that's ever happened for me. It'll probably be a few weeks before it will arrive.
Haha, I dunno what they were thinking. The main zipper is a YKK, the rest are all KKK. So stupid! It's a cool jacket otherwise and fits so nice.
Replacing pulls is what I meant, just gotta find some nice chain pulls.

Maybe just get a dremel tool and grind down the bottom diagonal stroke on the first K so that it looks like a Y...

It's pretty hilarious in a way. Took me a good minute to actually process the fact that's what on the zippers. I mean, it doesn't have any meaning where I am of course but it's a nice jacket and I'd much prefer it with chain pulls. Might make a project out of it.

It has to be a mistake made by the YKK factory. Or custom made by some idiot somewhere? Seems a petty mod but hey, that ain’t how I think.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Anyone want to own up to being the high bidder on this one? It shot way up in the last hour.

Happy ending on this one for me. Apparently the high bidder backed out, because I got a "second chance" offer from eBay on it today, and accepted it. I'm worried it'll be tight on me, but we'll see. It looks like a nice heavy horsehide center-zip police jacket. Listing said '40's vintage, but I am sure it's not that old. Maybe more like '60s. Any guess as to maker? I don't think it's a Cal, maybe it could be Taylor's or Appalachian, but I have no clue honestly. Doesn't seem to have any maker's tag or size tag in it, and that means I probably paid too much.

s-l1600[1].jpg
s-l1600[1].jpg

Happy ending on this one for me. Apparently the high bidder backed out, because I got a "second chance" offer from eBay on it today, and accepted it. I'm worried it'll be tight on me, but we'll see. It looks like a nice heavy horsehide center-zip police jacket. Listing said '40's vintage, but I am sure it's not that old. Maybe more like '60s. Any guess as to maker? I don't think it's a Cal, maybe it could be Taylor's or Appalachian, but I have no clue honestly. Doesn't seem to have any maker's tag or size tag in it, and that means I probably paid too much.

View attachment 249475
View attachment 249476

Californian has those type of belt loops, far as I can tell from pics. Vintage Golden Bear too. In any case, it looks quite nice.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There is probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for how someone decided to call their business “The KKK Zipper Company” and yet you would think that someone else would have had the good sense to stop them before they went into production...
I’m surprised that Excelled used them on their jackets, kind of disturbing actually.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Probably..but to walk up to a stranger and reach out to examine his zipper pull up close might be considered a little strange by many leather jacket wearers who could actually care less what's on their zipper pull.
Maybe you should try it one day, just to see what happens :p

Do you really think that people will look that closely at your zipper pulls? Seriously..??

I know that of course nobody will ever in a million years notice what the zipper says and as I said, even if people did that, it doesn't have any meaning where I live. It's just that I found it weird and amusing that as @El Marro stated, a company in America would use a zipper that says KKK. Thought it'd be an interesting story to share. :D
I don't personally care about it myself, I know it's probably some Chinese knockoff deal but it's a nice jacket and this just gives me another excuse to replace the tabs.

I heard there were people on internet that spend hours on forums talking about zippers and stitching and leather...
If these people really exist online they must exist in the real world too no?

...then again, yeah. Imagine the conversation...
*At the next TFL meetup*
- Hey, that's a cool Excelled! Nice jackets. Are those Talon or Scovill? Or did they switch to something else for these later models?
- Nope. These are the original KKK's, baby.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I know that of course nobody will ever in a million years notice what the zipper says and as I said, even if people did that, it doesn't have any meaning where I live. It's just that I found it weird and amusing that as @El Marro stated, a company in America would use a zipper that says KKK. Thought it'd be an interesting story to share. :D
I don't personally care about it myself, I know it's probably some Chinese knockoff deal but it's a nice jacket and this just gives me another excuse to replace the tabs.

...then again, yeah. Imagine the conversation...
*At the next TFL meetup*
- Hey, that's a cool Excelled! Nice jackets. Are those Talon or Scovill? Or did they switch to something else for these later models?
- Nope. These are the original KKK's, baby.

Even if someone noticed them and connects the KKK on the zippers to the klan, it’s not like they are going to think that you are a racist douche because of them. I would keep them if it were my jacket, I think they’re hilariously weird.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana