How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

I have this Schott Per 2 on the way in from Johnson Leathers. The jacket is super thick steerhide and very comfortable in an XL which will allow for layered riding. The sleeves were unfortunately way too long at 27.5" and I normally go for 25" so even though it was not a problem on the bike they still looked "wadded up" even when riding. I contacted Damon who was extremely helpful making sure to taper the sleeves down so the bottom of the sleeve was similar to the opening at 27.5". He also replaced the piece of Tin buckle with a solid brass buckle. Now I realize Schott is not anywhere close to LW or Aero but I think this is going to work out well because the jacket doesn't ride up and is not so tight around the waist so comfort leads to a better riding experience; at least for me it does.

Damon made the first 2 shots here before shipping it out today. Personally I think JL did a damn good job of shortening these sleeves and the buckle looks a lot better than the original Schott buckle.

Willis 2.jpg Willis 1.jpg

Here's a shot on the bike and not a good photo but one can get a good idea of how the sleeves bunched up.

Attached Files:

2. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Another Schott. Nothing fancy, non perfecto label but still has the 70's talon zip. It was a good price and my size. Also never had a semi belted bike jacket so I figured Id give it a go.
    s-l1600.jpg

RL204, roadking04, Zoo and 4 others like this.
  3. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

@JustinW Yes! Mine will be similar to yours but in black. Good luck to us.

4. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Is someone going to grab that Indian Ranger on Aeros sales page??? :)

Mrfrown likes this.
  5. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Put down deposit for a 1947 Langlitz in medium cow. Lead time is stretching out to June 2021?!?!? But hopefully sooner

El Marro and Mrfrown like this.
  6. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Holy smokes! I had one made in a few weeks last year. Did they say why so long?

7. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

they quote covid, i believe them, but at the same time they say "there are six or seven jackets ahead of you", i don't know if it's six or seven of any model or six seven of the 1947, while 100 other models lol

Mrfrown likes this.
  8. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

anyway to see some photos of yours?

9. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

I was real close. Started a thread about it couple weeks ago. Glad I didn't though. THink it would be too short and the cut on it is extremely tapered. Goes from 23.5 ptp to 18 bottom hem. I kind of got a Vshape going, but if it wasn't even going to hit my belt, I think I would have looked like a matador. I may order a Ridley with Indian Ranger inspired layout at some point, but I got pretty lucky on ebay past couple weeks.

Picked up a Branded Garment CHP which has an Indian Ranger sort of vibe with the black cross zip, brass hardware, very tapered with the side ties. And couple hours ago, I think I did good on this San Jose Just Leathers jacket. Seems to be in great shape, has the zip out liner and all that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marker2037, Bushman, El Marro and 5 others like this.
  10. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

LOL. Thought it was a Fine Creek, "mismatched" panels and all. Couldn´t figure out why you of all people should deviate from your usual effortlessly great style, but then I found the reference to the jacket.

torfjord likes this.
  11. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

Fingers x-ssed that you will be most happy after the detor with Simmons Bilt. greg should be a safe bet. In the end, all will be good.

JustinW likes this.
  12. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I just bought this Thedi buffalo cossack. Will be delivered next week. I'm so excited! 327CD91A-3228-4851-BF8D-35994D1B3DC7.jpeg A4A941CF-A450-4118-8CC0-D01745C6F770.jpeg

marker2037, JCSD, jonbuilder and 19 others like this.
  13. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Marc mndt likes this.
  14. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Well this arrived today , Oxblood Fidelity café racer. Usual "vintage bouquet". Good order otherwise.

Currently it's in the top loader washing machine on a one wash 2 rinse low/zero spin cycle of 59 minutes.

Using Eucalyptus woolwash. My wife told me "get that outside" the minute I opened the box ! Should wash up OK.

A fair bit of red/purple colour in the first water dump !

Couple or more dry days shaping up so it will hang up outside in the shade after slow dripping in the bath overnight.

Then the routine with RM Williams leather treatment. I may re-oxblood with Shoe polish first , see how it washes up.

Seller original photo it arrived here in the dark ! Same photo posted earlier in this thread sorry Fidelity Oxblood cafe racer 1.jpg

15. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

I think the mismatched grain on these panels looks cool! Not in the contrived FCL way, more in the “this is a mass produced utilitarian jacket, no ones gonna care about mismatched panels way”. More authentic.

This is my second attempt at a cafe racer style. The first one was a bit too big on me so I ended up giving it as a birthday present to my dad. This one should fit me better hopefully.

Mrfrown likes this.
  16. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

It is long gone. Standard columbia medium cow
    7BB947CB-48BE-4D33-93B5-F2F20EC149DC.jpeg

marker2037, Robbie79, Bushman and 6 others like this.
  17. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

That buffalo leather looks amazing. Those pocketflaps will make it more unique as well. Great pickup.

Marc mndt likes this.
  18. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Padded JL inbound. Too good a deal to pass up.

A3B60866-73A2-45FD-9AC7-7F7BDF4D00D2.jpeg

19. spreader

spreader New in Town

The guy on here who recently started the thread about Langlitz customer service ordered his Columbia in June and received it a couple of weeks ago, so his took about 5 months.

I ordered one at the beginning of September and I was told it'll be done by February unless covid restrictions are eased.

20. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Cornelius and Marc mndt like this.