Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Holy smokes! I had one made in a few weeks last year. Did they say why so long?
they quote covid, i believe them, but at the same time they say "there are six or seven jackets ahead of you", i don't know if it's six or seven of any model or six seven of the 1947, while 100 other models lol

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Is someone going to grab that Indian Ranger on Aeros sales page??? :)
I was real close. Started a thread about it couple weeks ago. Glad I didn't though. THink it would be too short and the cut on it is extremely tapered. Goes from 23.5 ptp to 18 bottom hem. I kind of got a Vshape going, but if it wasn't even going to hit my belt, I think I would have looked like a matador. I may order a Ridley with Indian Ranger inspired layout at some point, but I got pretty lucky on ebay past couple weeks.

Picked up a Branded Garment CHP which has an Indian Ranger sort of vibe with the black cross zip, brass hardware, very tapered with the side ties. And couple hours ago, I think I did good on this San Jose Just Leathers jacket. Seems to be in great shape, has the zip out liner and all that.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I just placed my order with Greg Field. Production should start in mid-January, so it will arrive right around my fiftieth birthday. I have dubbed it the MLC-MC Jacket: mid life crisis motorcycle jacket. Brown Shinki and brass stripped-down J24 without the D pocket, belt or epaulettes. Two side adjusters. No action back but a single V yoke. Oh, and an inside pocket on the right side, since I am a Southpaw!

Fingers x-ssed that you will be most happy after the detor with Simmons Bilt. greg should be a safe bet. In the end, all will be good.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Well this arrived today , Oxblood Fidelity café racer. Usual "vintage bouquet". Good order otherwise.

Currently it's in the top loader washing machine on a one wash 2 rinse low/zero spin cycle of 59 minutes.

Using Eucalyptus woolwash. My wife told me "get that outside" the minute I opened the box ! Should wash up OK.

A fair bit of red/purple colour in the first water dump !

Couple or more dry days shaping up so it will hang up outside in the shade after slow dripping in the bath overnight.

Then the routine with RM Williams leather treatment. I may re-oxblood with Shoe polish first , see how it washes up.

Seller original photo it arrived here in the dark ! Same photo posted earlier in this thread sorry
Fidelity Oxblood cafe racer 1.jpg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
LOL. Thought it was a Fine Creek, "mismatched" panels and all. Couldn´t figure out why you of all people should deviate from your usual effortlessly great style, but then I found the reference to the jacket.

I think the mismatched grain on these panels looks cool! Not in the contrived FCL way, more in the “this is a mass produced utilitarian jacket, no ones gonna care about mismatched panels way”. More authentic.

This is my second attempt at a cafe racer style. The first one was a bit too big on me so I ended up giving it as a birthday present to my dad. This one should fit me better hopefully.

spreader

New in Town
Put down deposit for a 1947 Langlitz in medium cow. Lead time is stretching out to June 2021?!?!? But hopefully sooner

The guy on here who recently started the thread about Langlitz customer service ordered his Columbia in June and received it a couple of weeks ago, so his took about 5 months.

I ordered one at the beginning of September and I was told it'll be done by February unless covid restrictions are eased.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I've just decided to change my original Thedi order from Peacoat to MTC-127920 design. @Marc mndt inspired me to choose the MTC-127920 over the Peacoat. After buying a Peacoat from brand Hannes Roether I got the feeling that a leather Peacoat is not the right jacket for me as Thedi's version is very long. I selected the handdyed tambonato brown deerskin and detachable natural shearling lining and collar for the MTC-127920. Shipping is expected to be before Christmas. Can't wait to see the result. After selling my The Flat Head Deerskin which I really liked apart from the the collar design and as I really like my Freewheelers Sunset deerskin, I decided that deerskin is the leather to go for my last leather jacket - my Aero Typ III suede rust goat is expected to arrive around beginning/middle of December :) Then I'm definitely done with leather jackets!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've just decided to change my original Thedi order from Peacoat to MTC-127920 design. @Marc mndt inspired me to choose the MTC-127920 over the Peacoat. After buying a Peacoat from brand Hannes Roether I got the feeling that a leather Peacoat is not the right jacket for me as Thedi's version is very long. I selected the handdyed tambonato brown deerskin and detachable natural shearling lining and collar for the MTC-127920. Shipping is expected to be before Christmas. Can't wait to see the result. After selling my The Flat Head Deerskin which I really liked apart from the the collar design and as I really like my Freewheelers Sunset deerskin, I decided that deerskin is the leather to go for my last leather jacket - my Aero Typ III suede rust goat is expected to arrive around beginning/middle of December :) Then I'm definitely done with leather jackets!
I think that might just be a wise decision. Thedi's leather peacoat does look great but I think it's a difficult style to pull off.
The crosszip is certainly going to look great on you. Can't wait to see the pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk