How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

My second Schott 602 police jacket in two weeks. I mistakenly bought a 42 Long the first time and now this 42 regular should do the trick. Overpaid on this one but I really like the style. Plus it still has a NJ police badges on the shoulder! Probably a good idea to remove before I get charged with impersonating...
    4C3763CA-D26D-4584-8990-DCF678180477.jpeg

Tom71, Jin431, tmitchell59 and 7 others like this.
  2. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

I sold off the Apparel Annex trucker to a lounger a few months back and I’ve been looking to fill in the gap it left. Won this on eBay today, fingers crossed for safe transit across the Atlantic and perfect fit on arrival. Tag size 42 but the measurements look to fit more like 40.

It’s in natural Vicenza. Really interested to see it age over time with some use and abuse, I haven’t seen many examples of this hide on the lounge (or elsewhere). This https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jh79nHZOY/?igshid=1ccep8ww27vl1 is one I found after seeing the Instagram repost by Carrie in the Thurston thread. There are also a bunch of pics of the Mister Freedom natural campus jacket out there which I’ve scoped out.

Also looks like it was made by Greg Fields during his tenure at Aero. By all accounts his work is stellar. All in all I’m pretty excited about the pickup.

80BED941-B364-43FA-A7BA-90A0D41F922C.jpeg

3. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Any word back yet?

Tim Tempest likes this.
  4. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer

I’m shipping it back today for a refund. It’s a beautiful jacket and the price was good, just a pity it didn’t work out for me.

ton312 and Mrfrown like this.
  5. ton312

ton312

Man that looks three times thicker than any vic I’ve ever seen! Really nice!

Mrfrown likes this.
  6. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer

That looks stunning. Is there any way you could mask or cover the patch without removing it, I wonder? Even taking a blue sharpie to the lettering and symbol might work.

7. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Yes! It kinda made me doubt it’s Vicenza. Really curious to see it in person.

Jin431 likes this.
  8. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Well good news there. You have anything in particular in mind to replace it?

9. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer

Thanks. Right now, I'm thinking about commissioning Greg Field to make something fairly similar for me, but in brown pigment Shinki.

marker2037, El Marro, Jin431 and 6 others like this.
  10. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Based off the results we’ve seen here, you can bet he’ll nail the fit! If Shinki isn’t a must and you’re going custom, don’t forget about Johnson Leathers! I had an absolutely fantastic experience with them. (I’m sure others will have their recs too).

11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

It is a lot of fun working with Johnson leather, I can only highly recommend them. :)

Jin431 and Mrfrown like this.
  12. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

marker2037, Tom71, El Marro and 4 others like this.
  13. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Yes, agree completely. Similar to Greg, JL will make a fit jacket for you and jacket is customizable. My JL jacket is well made, it fits well too but they will fix the length and width issues when I come in again at their shop.

Fields leather will have that shinki though so whichever maker you pick you will get a high quality jacket and better fitting than the recent cross zip you returned.

Psant25 and JustinW like this.
  14. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

It's a pretty heavy duty patch so it would be really noticeable trying to sharpie it. Guess it just leaves removal as I think I'd just feel odd wearing it as is. Even if its not against the law! Though, the PD on the patch no longer exists. Town renamed itself apparently.

Zoo and Mrfrown like this.
  15. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So excited to see that one, my first unlined jacket, should be here in a couple weeks...

16. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

That is looking great!

Carlos840 likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

It's a different jacket in black! So damn cool!

Mrfrown and Carlos840 like this.
  18. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

C3D326C9-4A61-46B1-A3CC-430B6E292AC2.jpeg 60’s Brooks on it’s way

19. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer

I just placed my order with Greg Field. Production should start in mid-January, so it will arrive right around my fiftieth birthday. I have dubbed it the MLC-MC Jacket: mid life crisis motorcycle jacket. Brown Shinki and brass stripped-down J24 without the D pocket, belt or epaulettes. Two side adjusters. No action back but a single V yoke. Oh, and an inside pocket on the right side, since I am a Southpaw!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Tom71, Zoo, El Marro and 9 others like this.