How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

GW W&G M-422a incoming from a VLJ member. This year’s suckage has been offset by several impulse Goodwear finds.
    232B5679-265A-48A1-9A1F-21CFE2C0CC37.jpeg

2. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

There was someone on our forums who lived in south of France I believe, who had an Aero B3 made but with the shearling length of a B6. That might be the way to go.

The other thing I've seriously thought about and you might think I'm crazy, although I think some of you might think I'm genius, is just shaving down the shearling with some clippers and a guard. I mean they shave sheep all the time, right???? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: But I don't know how much cooler it's going to make the jacket if you take off 5mm, so I don't want to risk it.

There was also a Irving Battle of Britain on Aero pages few days back, but I think it sold. From what they told me, the shearling is thick like B3, but more curly, so in theory at least it might be able to be worn in more mild temperature. So in addition to thickness, you might have to consider the texture of it as well.

3. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

I am actually considering a B3 or ANJ 4 from LW, it would be fun to test them out in really low temps :)

I have had the pics of @Bfd70 and @dubpynchon in mind since that other thread, was it a month ago?

Robbie79, dubpynchon and dannyk like this.
  4. ton312

ton312

Talk about quick work! Alan and Damon got the back shortened by 1.5” and the JL is already in the wind! Sweet!

5. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

^^ you weren't kidding when you were trying to get a few jackets in before the blue Aero gets made lol

marker2037, Zoo and ton312 like this.
  6. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

Wow I hope they knock mine out this week. Cant wait to see how it fits

Jin431, dannyk and ton312 like this.
  7. ton312

ton312

I had a nice conversation with Alan. Sealed the deal. I love that guy.

jonbuilder, nick123, Psant25 and 2 others like this.
  8. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

That's great to hear, hope to meet the guy one of these days as I still haven't bumped to him yet the times I visited JL.

ton312, Psant25 and dannyk like this.
  9. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Made in San Francisco found in Japan. Top Notch half-belt by Ralphs-Pugh. Probably a size 42. 1950s. This company gets more interesting with each jacket. This one just showed up sort of unannounced. No mention of the name in the listing.

rocket88_0308-img900x1200-1606289419utg1st30397.jpg rocket88_0308-img900x1200-1606289419ftxzik30397.jpg
    rocket88_0308-img900x1200-16062894194dndll30397.jpg

10. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

Alan only works on Saturdays.

jonbuilder and Jin431 like this.
  11. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Great collar!

Claybertrand and tmitchell59 like this.
  12. Tim Tempest

Tim Tempest New in Town

I just got two dark brown Levi's truckers off e bay..one M & one L..for some reason they saw fit to remove the leather patch by the hanger & cut off the red tabs from by the chest pocket(s)..
    Got an Aero waiting to be cut (for summer) & an Eastman I bought a while back for winter IMG_20201202_232612_478 (1).jpg
    5295a8eb26dcaae2_Front500.jpg
    IMG_20201123_225500_410_2 (1).jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    58panheadfan, ton312, nick123 and 6 others like this.
  13. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 I'll Lock Up

Yes, each of their products I've seen have a Flair. This is a rather fortunate find for me. I've gathered a few of their jackets. The Collars, Leathers, all unique. The Labels are more varied than I thought and go back to the late 30s. Several of the jackets I own are from the 50s like this half-belt. I found a 30s Ralphs-Pugh jacket in my closet but with another label.

Zoo, El Marro and Mrfrown like this.
  14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

The 30s doesn’t jive with the story I got from the granddaughter, but if anyone can date it, it’d be you.
    Please post them all in the Ralphs-Pugh thread at some point! You know how I love this company’s jackets.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    tmitchell59 and jonbuilder like this.
  15. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Finally I'm prepared for an Arctic Winter in the center of Europe.....RMC NZ B-3. Even if it's really thick and warm I got the best feelling with this one as I've been wanting one for years and as it will be difficult to get a second hand one in this condition from a seller located in the EU at this price. I really hope that it fits me....
    [​IMG]

torfjord, Fonzie, Mrfrown and 17 others like this.
  16. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Wow nice find Terry

tmitchell59 likes this.
  17. Monitor

Monitor

Good call. Saved me a ton of money. I couldn't stop thinking about this jacket but then again, it was too fancy for me. And too military.

Carlos840 and Robbie79 like this.
  18. Colin G

Colin G One Too Many

I bought Bfd70's LW ANJ4 last year and is too hot for me in Canadian Winters. Temps can hit -30 C in Jan and Feb and the ANJ4 is hot and bulky and impractical in my opinion, which is why I sold it. I guess if you're standing idle in cold temps for hours it would be great but for regular use I would pass on it. The jacket wears you not the other way around.

dannyk and red devil like this.
  19. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

It is still too hot at -30c? Wow! I never expected that. Thanks for letting me know

Edit: I was comfortable at -10c to -20c in Montreal with a polar sweater under a normal leather jacket. So that means that this will be definetly too hot.

dannyk likes this.
  20. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Thanks @Monitor I wished someone else was faster....couldn't stop thinking of it, too. At least I'm prepared now for a really cold Winter...after C-19 my family and I need to spend holidays in the Alps during Winter :) Yes, it's military look for sure but on the other hand "false Shearling" jackets made by Zara & Co. are very popular right now...of course these ones are less bulky and 20-year old will still recognize the difference (Old man jacket vs. modern Zara jacket ;)) Anyway, I hope it fits well and that I will have an opportunity to wear it.

Tom71, Boyo, Monitor and 1 other person like this.