Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This Scully is coming in from Japan. Late 30s early 40s Talon Sunrise zipper. I was the only bidder. Numerous patches removed from the chest area, sewn in map, placard removed from back. Private purchase Flying jacket?

16bffdf.jpg
16bffe0.jpg
16bffe1.jpg
16bffe2.jpg
16bffe3.jpg
16bffe4.jpg
16bffe6.jpg
16bffe8.jpg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I've just ordered the second time (after cancellation of my order in January) following Thedi jacket but I'm not sure yet regarding following specification details, yet:

- Original chest pocket, no chest pocket or diagonal chest pocket (like used for half belt designs)
- Button type (he can also horn buttons instead of these 70's Military buttons)
- Or zip version of this jacket (zipper would end slightly above the last button)
- Leather type: Either 1.3-1.5mm thick UK Domestic full veg-tanned sheep leather as pictured below (black Cafe Racer jacket) without the hair panels (all black sheep leather) or 1.2-1.3mm thick waxed brown New Zealand sheepskin (with less antique/vintage/distressed look) with rough out brown NZ sheepskin two-tone combination (He will finish below jacket in January - and will then send me more pictures)

Which combination do you think could look best for this MTC-127969 jacket style? Or do you have any better ideas? I currently tend to the 1.3-1.5mm thick UK Domestic full veg-tanned sheep leather without chest pocket (perhaps zipper pocket instead) and with horn buttons instead of the 70's military buttons.

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Robbie
upload_2020-12-23_14-6-15.png

Thedi-Leathers-Cafe-Racer-Jacket-Black-Sheepskin_b5.jpg

upload_2020-12-23_14-15-45.png

upload_2020-12-23_14-16-31.png

upload_2020-12-23_14-17-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-23_14-16-3.png
    upload_2020-12-23_14-16-3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 300

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've just ordered the second time (after cancellation of my order in January) following Thedi jacket but I'm not sure yet regarding following specification details, yet:

- Original chest pocket, no chest pocket or diagonal chest pocket (like used for half belt designs)
- Or zip version of this jacket (zipper would end slightly above the last button)
- Leather type: Either 1.3-1.5mm thick UK Domestic full veg-tanned sheep leather as pictured below (black Cafe Racer jacket) without the hair panels (all black sheep leather) or 1.2-1.3mm thick waxed brown New Zealand sheepskin (with less antique/vintage/distressed look) with rough out brown NZ sheepskin two-tone combination (He will finish below jacket in January - and will then send me more pictures)

Which combination do you think could look best for this MTC-127969 jacket style? Or do you have any better ideas? I currently tend to the 1.3-1.5mm thick UK Domestic full veg-tanned sheep leather without chest pocket (perhaps zipper pocket instead) and with horn buttons instead of the 70's military buttons.

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 294099

View attachment 294100

View attachment 294102

View attachment 294103
Both of these leathers look absolutely beautiful. Hard to choose.

I would go for the two tone New Zealand sheepskin and I would definitively go for buttons instead of zipper. I think the jacket will lose its character without the buttons. How do you like Thedi's leather knot buttons? (as used on Red Devil's last creation). I think those would look great on this jacket.

As for the chest pocket... I would lose the flap and go for a double welt diagonal pocket with a zipper with ball and chain pull.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

I would go for the two tone New Zealand sheepskin and I would definitively go for buttons instead of zipper. I think the jacket will lose its character without the buttons. How do you like Thedi's leather knot buttons? (as used on Red Devil's last creation). I think those would look great on this jacket.

As for the chest pocket... I would lose the flap and go for a double welt diagonal pocket with a zipper with ball and chain pull.
Thanks for your feedback. I already know the knot leather buttons from another Thedi jacket and yes, this could be a good option. I'm now in the production slot for ~February/March and do have enough time to finally decide which one to go but I also tend to the button version as, as you already said, it would otherwise lose its character.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Robbie
View attachment 294099

View attachment 294100

View attachment 294102

View attachment 294103

Funny, this was one of the models I was thinking for a dual tone sheepskin, so I would say go gor that! I like the shape of the pocketm very original... I would probably add another on on the other side for a more symmetrical look

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I second this motion!

@Robbie79 i actually think the hair-on style is really cool, but any alternate texture / color would still be great (and likely appeal to a broader audience)
@Mrfrown To be honest with you I would really love the brown sheepskin + dark brown pony hair combo but I'm really not sure how it would look on me (that's why I cancelled my original order....deerskin+dark brown ponyhair combo), that's why I'm considering the only-leather (perhaps sheepskin + rough out sheepskin). If I knew that the ponyhair combo would look good on me, it would be an easy decision. Theodoros told me in January that the pony hair feels like silk.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Funny, this was one of the models I was thinking for a dual tone sheepskin, so I would say go gor that! I like the shape of the pocketm very original... I would probably add another on on the other side for a more symmetrical look
@red devil Funny thing that you are/were also considering this one. Thanks for your great idea regarding a second diagonal chest pocket!

red devil

El Marro

+1 on all counts.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Aero trucker finally arrived!

Honestly not sure if it’s Vicenza as described, doesn’t have the same character or smell. Maybe CXL FQHH or something else?

Incredible honey / light tan with orange undertones. Soft, thick leather, very little grain except for a bit on sleeve.

Fit is very good but not perfect. Gives me some room across the chest and arms for growth which is appreciated since ive gotten back into strength training. Hopefully will fill in nicely. Sleeves are a touch long etc etc in any case I plan to keep it. Maybe a little tailoring by JL in the future if necessary.

Kinda went pic overload. Really stoked about this one!

BAC297F9-C617-4E5C-BE86-1BCBA591AF82.jpeg
8667792E-1461-47D7-A5B5-84313C651582.jpeg
EE74A0D6-9FF5-4CA5-9DDE-B74D6C827154.jpeg
A8E1F059-D35E-435B-83F6-A6C7DDB36D7D.jpeg
2C4C9B9B-CED3-4985-949A-C7F9B6CF37B2.jpeg
341C77C2-70BF-448D-ABFB-1C6178DA75B6.jpeg
D26BF6DE-74C7-4A90-AE68-8572E9825B95.png

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Honestly not sure if it’s Vicenza as described, doesn’t have the same character or smell. Maybe CXL FQHH or something else?

Incredible honey / light tan with orange undertones. Soft, thick leather, very little grain except for a bit on sleeve.

Fit is very good but not perfect. Gives me some room across the chest and arms for growth which is appreciated since ive gotten back into strength training. Hopefully will fill in nicely. Sleeves are a touch long etc etc in any case I plan to keep it. Maybe a little tailoring by JL in the future if necessary.

View attachment 294333 View attachment 294335 View attachment 294336 View attachment 294337 View attachment 294338 View attachment 294339 View attachment 294340

That looks like a nice hide, love how the collar is a different color! The fit looks great but will prbably look better later when you bulk up. Any idea if this jacket will darken over time or will it remain the same?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
That looks like a nice hide, love how the collar is a different color! The fit looks great but will prbably look better later when you bulk up. Any idea if this jacket will darken over time or will it remain the same?

Agreed about the sizing. Maybe I’m just over the moon at finally getting it after a long wait, but I think it can work out as long as I can keep working out heh.

Not sure about the color changing. It was described as natural Vicenza by seller but time will tell there. From what I’ve seen both natural Vicenza and CXL FQHH don’t seem to really change much over time.

The contrast collar and patch pockets really remind me of the Levi’s suede jackets. Really like it in person more that I expected. And I already have a suede tan jacket, so it’s nice to get the variety

Psant25

One Too Many

View attachment 294333 View attachment 294335 View attachment 294336 View attachment 294337 View attachment 294338 View attachment 294339 View attachment 294340
I like that a lot! Sleeves should shorten. They did on my aero type iii. Also, could have them add another snap at the sleeve. I think carrie at TB sent me some brass aero snaps once. Was going to have a local place add a snap on the sleeve to make it tighter but my guy did not have the correct tool. Color is really cool i think fit looks great!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Agreed about the sizing. Maybe I’m just over the moon at finally getting it after a long wait, but I think it can work out as long as I can keep working out heh.

Not sure about the color changing. It was described as natural Vicenza by seller but time will tell there. From what I’ve seen both natural Vicenza and CXL FQHH don’t seem to really change much over time.

The contrast collar and patch pockets really remind me of the Levi’s suede jackets. Really like it in person more that I expected. And I already have a suede tan jacket, so it’s nice to get the variety

I feel the same way every time I have a new jacket, in that it fits perfect then after a few wears then I know that it's a touch too big or small haha

If it's really natural color then it might look darker/more tan with wear like one of those in the natural leather jacket thread. I always thought Vicenza would be thinner but yours look really thick which is a plus. It looks great right now as it is.

Yep, the collar on that trucker is shaped nicely and the contrast really gives it a nice edge.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I like that a lot! Sleeves should shorten. They did on my aero type iii. Also, could have them add another snap at the sleeve. I think carrie at TB sent me some brass aero snaps once. Was going to have a local place add a snap on the sleeve to make it tighter but my guy did not have the correct tool. Color is really cool i think fit looks great!

Thanks! Definitely hoping the sleeves will come up a bit without having to modify them. The intention with additional snaps would be to make the cuff tighter and ride higher up on the wrist? If so may be a tough sell, the cuffs are really thick and could be pretty uncomfortable if too tight.

That kind of suede jacket you linked is exactly what I was thinking of!

The liner is just light brown cotton dril

9652A523-1813-4464-B8D7-A8CE576A097B.png

I feel the same way every time I have a new jacket, in that it fits perfect then after a few wears then I know that it's a touch too big or small haha

If it's really natural color then it might look darker/more tan with wear like one of those in the natural leather jacket thread. I always thought Vicenza would be thinner but yours look really thick which is a plus. It looks great right now as it is.

Yep, the collar on that trucker is shaped nicely and the contrast really gives it a nice edge.

For the leather all I can say is that it’s quite different from the hide on the Vicenza Seven I had. I haven’t handled Aero’s CXL FQHH so dunno for sure. For the color change on either it does seem to come down to batch a bit, and some CXL FQHH seems to change a lot more? Not really sure.

Yeah I’m definitely too excited to be unbiased about everything right now. Or am I? You be the judge- here are a few of me being a total nut job when I first tried it on heh
868D3D4C-DA4A-4193-8756-A5FAFD0F62C7.png
57151ED3-5FBE-4CB7-93F5-FDED5F62C758.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen