Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Definitely hoping the sleeves will come up a bit without having to modify them. The intention with additional snaps would be to make the cuff tighter and ride higher up on the wrist? If so may be a tough sell, the cuffs are really thick and could be pretty uncomfortable if too tight.

That kind of suede jacket you linked is exactly what I was thinking of!

The liner is just light brown cotton dril

View attachment 294397

For the leather all I can say is that it’s quite different from the hide on the Vicenza Seven I had. I haven’t handled Aero’s CXL FQHH so dunno for sure. For the color change on either it does seem to come down to batch a bit, and some CXL FQHH seems to change a lot more? Not really sure.

Yeah I’m definitely too excited to be unbiased about everything right now. Or am I? You be the judge- here are a few of me being a total nut job when I first tried it on heh
View attachment 294398 View attachment 294399

Maaaaan! That jacket fit looks so much better with the snaps closed. When it breaks in you will have a better gauge if the jacket needs a little alteration. I like the extra button snap on my JL CXL jacket, i feel it does make the sleeve shorten faster because the creasing gets more pronounced.

We are all head cases in our own special way haha just human things we do! Very cool and it seems like you really love the jacket! I don't think you will mind if it stays the same or darken up.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations @Mrfrown, that is a beautiful trucker!
I agree that it’s hard to believe that it is Vicenza because it looks like such a smooth leather. Beautiful color though and you can see the grain already beginning to pop. This one is going to be something special!
I think the fit on it looks just great as it is, and even better that it has room to grow into if that’s how things go.

Mandarin

Practically Family
Congrats! It looks good, although I'm pretty sure it's too thick to be vicenza. Color is great, and should age beautifully. As for sizing, it's typical of Aero: one often falls between sizes, and you have to chose between slightly too short or too long. Yours is on the bigger side, but it should fit you well in time. If you intend to keep it, which I think you should, wear it in the rain, and keep it on to let it dry. it should conform to your body faster.

@Mrfrown, it's amazing in just about all the ways you ought to concern yourself about. It's a bit on a large side but not something I'd be concerned with for a second. Good length & shape to the jacket. Fits you like it's a regular denim Levi's trucker so all good.

If that's Vicenza, though, I want something in it because it looks 100X nicer than any Vicenza I've ever seen. And much thicker, too. Ask Aero what is it, I'm curious as well now.

Mich486

One Too Many
Looks pretty good to me! I like the way it fits you.

There was an half belt floating around the classifieds at some point made out of a similar looking leather, maybe it was robbie’s jacket but I can’t remember. Definitely not Vicenza (or at least not what they regularly stock) and not Natural CXL.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Definitely hoping the sleeves will come up a bit without having to modify them. The intention with additional snaps would be to make the cuff tighter and ride higher up on the wrist? If so may be a tough sell, the cuffs are really thick and could be pretty uncomfortable if too tight.

View attachment 294397

For the leather all I can say is that it’s quite different from the hide on the Vicenza Seven I had. I haven’t handled Aero’s CXL FQHH so dunno for sure. For the color change on either it does seem to come down to batch a bit, and some CXL FQHH seems to change a lot more? Not really sure.

Yeah I’m definitely too excited to be unbiased about everything right now. Or am I? You be the judge- here are a few of me being a total nut job when I first tried it on heh
@Mrfrown Congratulations, beautiful jacket!! Merry Christmas!!

View attachment 294397

Man that is ridiculously cool!!! No way that’s vic. It looks just way to thick!! Dude that is killer!!! Fit is perfect imho.

red devil

Got word from Aero I’m up to bat as soon as they reopen...mind is racing. I’m thinking of totally changing my order. Still midnight blue...but I may go for a totally different pattern than I had planned. Even if it kicks me back down the road a bit in the queue.

What did you have on order again? And what are you tempted by?

red devil

A sort of HWM/HB mash up. I tempted to go with something a little safer.

Honestly... If I were to get something from Aero, it would be the rockafella

2953ac28b5b7f0c_Rockafella-500.jpg

You already have all your basics covered, go for something different :)

Edit: typo again

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore