Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Another Vanson coming my way to replace the Model J I sold. Third time trying a medium Chopper as each one seems to fit ever so slightly different even though measurements are pretty similar. Jumping up to the 42 didn't work as it's just too wide in the waist and long back length.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This STF Bootlegger size 42 in CXL Horsehide came from a successful TFL trade for a well broken in regular size 40 HWM in the same hide and color. The waist straps are loose.
6441A3B5-3EBE-471B-8C05-A679E5C6F82F_1_105_c.jpeg
7530163C-520A-4F20-929F-97F8204A0C7C_1_105_c.jpeg
F9A581F2-5E9F-4C51-A898-DEF17C207FFB_1_105_c.jpeg

The STF BL is a very sung me on me but not constricting. The first time I been without an HWM in twenty years, wanted to try something different. I had a regular cut size 44 bootlegger that I sold after years of use due to the large on me sizing.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This 1950s Trojan came in last week from buyee. It has issues and I have filed a case with paypal, substantialy not as described. When I have spare time I will do a review on its own thread. This is the most money in nominal numbers I have paid for a jacket. Graned in buying power considering inflation I paid more for my buco J-24 about 12 years ago

456971D6-2D16-4C42-9109-5508585A7DEE_1_105_c.jpeg

dannyk

One Too Many
This 1950s Trojan came in last week from buyee. It has issues and I have filed a case with paypal, substantialy not as described. When I have spare time I will do a review on its own thread. This is the most money in nominal numbers I have paid for a jacket. Graned in buying power considering inflation I paid more for my buco J-24 about 12 years ago

View attachment 303066
Sad to hear this. I love the often forgotten colorful and sometimes two tone jackets of the 50s and 60s. They are so rock n roll. I wanted to hear a great write up. I feel sorry for you brother. Hope the case works out and I’ll wait for your review

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 303066

Sorry to hear about the issues with this jacket. I do hope you can get it resolved.
It does indeed look really cool at least! :)

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
After a week or so of hammering out details with Aero, my deposit for a brown wool grizzly in cordovan HH has been paid today. Probably won't get it until the spring, so I won't get much use out of it until after summer. Image per the Aero website, I think the cordovan will be very interesting against the brown mouton, as opposed to the brown HH (which also looks very good)

8764cadac49ed5b5_grizzly p1 copy.jpg

Spiney

One of the Regulars
After a week or so of hammering out details with Aero, my deposit for a brown wool grizzly in cordovan HH has been paid today. Probably won't get it until the spring, so I won't get much use out of it until after summer. Image per the Aero website, I think the cordovan will be very interesting against the brown mouton, as opposed to the brown HH (which also looks very good)

View attachment 303191
They took my deposit today too !!
I have a Cordovan HH Bootlegger coming.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Spiney - Congratuations!!! I was hopeing you should share with us what you went custom with... Nice choice!
There are a lot of Bootlegger fans on here...

Spiney

One of the Regulars
^^ Spiney - Congratuations!!! I was hopeing you should share with us what you went custom with... Nice choice!
There are a lot of Bootlegger fans on here...
Nothing really. Cordovan HH with Olive cotton lining . Only change was not having storm cuffs. Really not a fan of them . It’s my first proper leather jacket, didn’t want to get too complicated.

Himel Avro landed last night, the grain is incredible. Was able to get an old stock buckle which looks terrific. Can't wait to break it in!

ulI2Tns.jpg

4QfoWLf.jpg
Wow! That looks incredible! Perfect fit, gorgeous hide and that buckle is off the charts cool!!! Question about the lapel snaps, they look upside down. Are the male ends fixed to the jacket so it snaps “closed” when fully zipped?

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Wow! That looks incredible! Perfect fit, gorgeous hide and that buckle is off the charts cool!!! Question about the lapel snaps, they look upside down. Are the male ends fixed to the jacket so it snaps “closed” when fully zipped?

The lapels are actually snapped down in this photo--there is a female snap facing out, and a male snap directly underneath so the jacket can be snapped shut both fully zipped or open.

Psant25

One Too Many
I have this California Chrome Tanned coming in. Looks like new. I know the pictures do not do the hide justice. I have this hide in another style also like new. Check out the collar! I haven't owned a California Sportswear Police jacket. My size, 44.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
I would love to know how this one turns out! I would love to find one like that

powerserge

One of the Regulars
Himel Avro landed last night, the grain is incredible. Was able to get an old stock buckle which looks terrific. Can't wait to break it in!

ulI2Tns.jpg

4QfoWLf.jpg
Just to reiterate what everyone has said but such a killer jacket. The closeup of the buckle is just amazing and you definitely have yourself a stunner of a jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR