Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
Been searching for a twin to that blue bates of yours @ton312 ever since I saw it.

Had to pull the trigger on this one when it came up.

s-l1600.jpg

Wdawg

One of the Regulars
Wow!!!! Where’d you find it!?? Comdition looks exceptionally good!

Was an eBay find last night, only just listed. Hit the BIN before I could talk myself out of it! These colourful Bates jackets just don't appear often enough to sleep on them.

High hopes for this one.

What size is yours? This one's a 42 so should be a decent fit.

Was an eBay find last night, only just listed. Hit the BIN before I could talk myself out of it! These colourful Bates jackets just don't appear often enough to sleep on them.

High hopes for this one.

What size is yours? This one's a 42 so should be a decent fit.
Size 44LL (Long body /Long sleeve). I agree, These Bates are about the coolest CR's on the planet.

Claybertrand

One Too Many

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

dlite90

Familiar Face
Ordered a jacket this weekend from an American shop. It’ll be a perfect 3-season jacket for non-daily wear and now I know enough about fit to order custom. I haven’t seen any mention of this leather in the annals of the leather jacket internet so I’ll make a thread when it comes.

Down the line I’m thinking of a brown car coat for next winter but that’ll take a lot of planning. I don’t see any car coat patterns from the makers that really do it for me. This one from Flat Head comes close so I might modify the hell out of an existing aero pattern and order in Tobacco Badalassi. I had asked the Whitefeather guy about his car coat but he doesn’t have hides right now.
Edit: I also like RRL’s car coats with the chest pocket. But I also want the buttons along back to give it a vintage/Art Deco vibe.

Attachments

• 0525D77C-F6D1-452B-AADE-65DD72F795EB.jpeg
    0525D77C-F6D1-452B-AADE-65DD72F795EB.jpeg
    739.2 KB · Views: 557

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, you nabbed that Californian!!!!!! It was a bit short for me so I sat it out but watched the close on it. Nice get.

If you everrrrrrr need to move that Black 48, HB---------Let me know. Also a sweet one. Nice!!!!

The Californian would have looked great hanging in your closet it would not have hung so well on you.

The Phillips 66 is quite a beast. I will have to measure it. Got be a 46/48

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
That friend is from San Francisco Ca. The eldest of my Ralphs-Pugh family at 83. One of the most interesting leather jackets I have owned. Steerhide.

What a fine friend it is! That's a great one indeed! Hands down the best police jacket I've ever seen, old SF cops sure do know how to style it up! I hope something my size turns up, if not I will probably look into replicating that jacket with JL.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
The Californian would have looked great hanging in your closet it would not have hung so well on you.

The Phillips 66 is quite a beast. I will have to measure it. Got be a 46/48

Yeah that one looks great and its a larger size. Like I said------when you go Vegan and wish to unload that P66-- let me know :p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
What a fine friend it is! That's a great one indeed! Hands down the best police jacket I've ever seen, old SF cops sure do know how to style it up! I hope something my size turns up, if not I will probably look into replicating that jacket with JL.

The finish/leather is what makes this jacket so unique. I'm not even sure what color it is. It does not have a Ralphs-Pugh label instead a Fashion Clothes San Francisco. Probably 1938. I identified it because it is the same pattern as the brown jacket next to it with is a early 50s RP. You are correct, it is a very stylish comfortable cut, unique to RP.

DSC00611.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points