Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I would love to have a L.W. crosszip cal! I know he would do it but I also know that I would PAY!
I'm waiting on a cool c/r crossbreed from stu because I miss the c/r I used to have its the sb shinki one. Only this c/r has a collar. The rigger collar.
I'm also waiting on a cool cxl vanson, a paul cox version chopper. I love that pattern

I'm waiting on a cool c/r crossbreed from stu because I miss the c/r I used to have its the sb shinki one. Only this c/r has a collar. The rigger collar.
I'm also waiting on a cool cxl vanson, a paul cox version chopper. I love that pattern

I own the SB Shinki CR (it may have been yours at some point) and the Cox Chopper in Octagon. I love the SB, but you gotta get to the Chopper. In any leather it would be awesome. CXL would be very interesting.

:)! How could I not. Spotted on the bay and purchased through the lounge. If there’s anything better than a 50’s HB...never mind, there isn’t. Judging from the buckles it’s around 10 years old but looks incredibly clean.
0F53E777-2B26-42C3-B9BF-9E9EE387C35D.jpeg
23F6BA2E-1691-4394-AFD3-26BB9FD9442E.jpeg
572DD086-277E-475E-88FA-105233CD78EF.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Turned a Corner on ebay and this Sportclad appeared. I did not even read the text before I hit BIN. I saw a couple of fuzzy pictures and the price then bought it. Afterward I read the description; Pristine condition, and measures to my size, 44.

These are difficult to find outside Japan. I have one Sportclad and one Hercules. The Hercules came from Japan. There are several nice offerings in Japan if these interest you. They seldom show up on ebay.

I am excited! Makes all the lonely hours on ebay pay off. This will push me to sell. This one moves others out.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

nattevagten

One of the Regulars
Recently bought an Aero Dustbowl from a fellow Fedora lounger. Really high hopes for that one. Also have my first board racer on the way (again, used) and a vintage Schott CR. Funny, because I only came to the forum to ask advice on a cross-zip (didn't care about other styles then), and now here I am.. Might have not been the best decision to join the forum as far as the wallet is concerned, haha.

Last edited:

Riu

Practically Family
Its fun. If only my back is not aching and my leg is not cramping, it is actually fun, like imagining a plague takes over a continent
Waterbase leather dye, local brand

I like the comparison :D
I used to do mural paintings and I can relate to those cramps and back pain. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My latest find today. Made in Australia by "Mars leathers" of Melbourne.
I don't yet know the leather , but it could be Kangaroo as the jacket is old enough. I am hoping so.
Size 44" , bought from the original owner. Press stud , not zippered sleeves , but 2 outside zippered pockets ?
It is so my style , black straight zippered collared jacket. One inside pocket , internal windflap
Do I "need" it ? Rhetorical question that , but I have been looking for this very Mars of Melbourne jacket for years and it came up tonight.
AND the price was just so right...

A couple of years back I found this jacket in both brown and black , from the same seller on Australian Gumtree classifieds ( LIKE Craigslist) but when they arrived they drowned me. A more "stocky" member of my riding crew got both of them from me for 'winter wear".

It has elements of my Eastman Luftwaffe variants , and of my Schott 441PP and others in my collection. If it fits as well as them I'll be "ecstatic" indeed !

View attachment 314249

View attachment 314252
Very nice I will be looking for the fit pictures

Last edited:
Is this Cal made by the current owners? When you get it I would like to hear how it compares to the heavy vintage Cals from the 50s and 60s

It’s from the 90s, thereabouts. Heavy cow. Here is a pic of the inbound Cal and then a current Cal. Some differences but also some similarities. Which makes sense I guess. There is an evolution from the 50s Cal through the 80s/90s to the current crop. I’m pretty sure the one I have inbound was made for LeatherMan. Current Cal leadership has been around for 20+ years, (per @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead recent visit) so they may have been around to actually build these. She does take ownership of them, I.e, Cal made them. I will let you know.

DE26FCFF-E117-4FBD-9E71-D69CB93F3F85.jpeg

13669573-62F2-492C-9E76-3DB8D6C6D1EF.jpeg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Ooh I thought you were going natural for the moto jacket but this is classic! What comes next after that process?
Thank you @Jin431 i went cloudy black with cream zipper, i let it sit for the night, tomorrow will roll it, i will not seal it yet, until it become a jacket, i can touch up a bit along the way if i see color disparity between panels, after that i will coat the surface with final coat cream, im not really sure what is the content but somekind of wax smells like turtlewax to give extra shine and protect the color from bleeding when conditioned or rained on, not sure if really needed but its just a cream and buff into shine pretty easy. Already tried it on the belt part

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thank you @Jin431 i went cloudy black with cream zipper, i let it sit for the night, tomorrow will roll it, i will not seal it yet, until it become a jacket, i can touch up a bit along the way if i see color disparity between panels, after that i will coat the surface with final coat cream, im not really sure what is the content but somekind of wax smells like turtlewax to give extra shine and protect the color from bleeding when conditioned or rained on, not sure if really needed but its just a cream and buff into shine pretty easy. Already tried it on the belt part

Now this is what I call custom! So cool that you are so involved in the process of making your own jacket! How long do you think your tailor will finish sewing your jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko