Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

It’s from the 90s, thereabouts. Heavy cow. Here is a pic of the inbound Cal and then a current Cal. Some differences but also some similarities. Which makes sense I guess. There is an evolution from the 50s Cal through the 80s/90s to the current crop. I’m pretty sure the one I have inbound was made for LeatherMan. Current Cal leadership has been around for 20+ years, (per @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead recent visit) so they may have been around to actually build these. She does take ownership of them, I.e, Cal made them. I will let you know.

View attachment 315887
View attachment 315886

And then you find something like this...

356F312E-D682-492D-AB8D-75E49A8FA421.png

zip and pulls look to be 60s? Damn this is nice. I think this is @Leather Walker jacket but I can’t find the old thread.

Peckinpah

New in Town
Waiting on a Highwayman from Aero, this is my first leather jacket of this calibre.

I think I am into week number 8, from when I placed my order. Haven't actually been thinking about it, once I placed the order I just put it out of my mind, time has flown by fairly quick. Can't wait! I reckon it'll be about another 4-8 weeks before it's here at the earliest.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Now this is what I call custom! So cool that you are so involved in the process of making your own jacket! How long do you think your tailor will finish sewing your jacket?
About 2 months from past orders, hopefully if covid is down I can visit them and take photos unlike my previous order where i almost didnt visit from start to finish and just using Whatsapp

This Californian Chrome Tanned Cowhide is coming. I have three California Chrome Tanned Steerhide jackets. Interested to see how they compare. Never had a jacket with stars or studs, they are original to the jacket early 50s

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I put in an early bid but didn’t want to get into a bidding war with you. And in the past couple of weeks I’ve purchased the Sportclad, Vanson E and Cal. I have to chill. It’s a beauty and I look forward to your review.

This is god tier. The holy and sacred pinnacle of jackets.

Your comment somehow feels understated. It’s a real beauty. Now I will obsessively search for something like this.

Last edited:

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Offer? Wasn't this jacket on bidding only?
Yes it was an auction without an offer but the seller closed the auction and relisted with a BIN and sent me the link. The BIN was the price I offered the seller in a message. I offer the seller a good price about the top I see Cal racers sell. I still have the fine Cal racer I purchased for you but this one has the pads and sunset back

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk