Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

There's a mean Hardcore sz. 44 in France right now. Cheap, too! :D

The hardcore is awesome. I just...can’t. I have seen some really cheap early Rock and Rolls. $100. In US though. Out of the 80s with the Michael Jackson bubble padding throughout the back and shoulders. I know you push the envelope but didn’t figure they were for you.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
In fairness, the Cal CRs are much harder to come by, especially in larger sizes at reasonable prices. I get what you are saying though. Hell, I’m having a hard enough time spotting your Vanson in Europe.
There are hardly any quality vintage jackets on the European market. There are 1 million quality jackets on the American market. We can't buy from the American market because we're paying 40% on all kinds of fees, while Americans can buy 'our' jackets without paying any fees or maybe 10% at most.
I think it's only fair to ask the Americans to keep their hands off our market :)

There are hardly any quality vintage jackets on the European market. There are 1 million quality jackets on the American market. We can't buy from the American market because we're paying 40% on all kinds of fees, while Americans can buy 'our' jackets without paying any fees or maybe 10% at most.
I think it's only fair to ask the Americans to keep their hands off our market :)

No:D.

But what I already do is ask myself if another member has expressed interest in a particular jacket. If so, I tend to lay off. As an example, I messaged Carlos and told him I would not bid on the Cal CR. Partly because I own one (full disclosure), and partly because I know he’s been looking for one. I didn’t bid on the Californian that TM just won (at a good price too) because I know it means more to him than it does to me. And his owning the jacket will bring more insight to the site than I could ever bring.

But I will raid your market like a Viking if I see something I’ve been looking for or need to have lol.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Regardless, it is annoying. You guys can find one within a week for like $50 on Craigslist or Poshmark or whatever while Europeans have to wait forever for something to turn up in EU.

Here, a $100 Cal. You're welcome.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Vintage-leather-motorcycle-police-jacket-5fde7081446e59eaa405c206
here's one in Japan. Another steal. No one watching it. Only one bid. My closet full otherwise I would have scooped it.

Cal leather Cal leather single jacket 40th / [Buyee] "Buyee" Japanese Proxy Service | Buy from Japan! bot-online

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You have to be joking it not your market it's a world market

Last edited:

jonbuilder

I feel it is absurd that some European members think they are entitled and US members should hold off from buying US jackets because the seller is in Europe. Think about it if Europeans have kept their hand off our jackets they would never have landed in Europe. Carlos would not have a closet full of Lost Worlds jackets and Monitor would have saved himself the bad Stu event. I am saying this with a light heart because I expect the isolation comments are sent similarly.

jonbuilder

Back on topic my newest arrival almost unworn deerskin from TFL thank you, Terry. This hide reminds me of goatskin

65BBF184-8133-4C2F-823B-C1B8C750ADD4_1_105_c.jpeg
5F8EB74E-5080-4A0E-8FD9-F4E6D1FD8536_1_105_c.jpeg
14B46038-1713-4F5C-9D4A-2616131CF363_1_105_c.jpeg
DE3587A1-D6B4-49F3-A220-253B43EB9027_1_105_c.jpeg
FE867A90-0734-4690-8992-C76AF606642A_1_105_c.jpeg
C94979EC-2113-4B43-A61E-61A927F67C7D_1_105_c.jpeg

TG3

One of the Regulars
With my attempts to branch out from black cross-zips and experiment I picked up that cream deerskin; I’m also picking up this 5 Star. I’ve been wanting a suede or rough out jacket for awhile now. Originally I had wanted the Golden Oak Suede that’s been listed on the Lost Worlds sale page for ages. I emailed Stu and he informed me they’ve been sold out for years. You’d think he would update those listings....ever. In any case I didn’t want to go super expensive with my first attempt and 5 Stars seem to be a great bargain as we all have seen their work plenty now. I went with a stock extra small. I’m not sold on the sizing for me. But I’ve never owned a jacket like this before and since I don’t know how it will fit I wasn’t prepared to go custom. Shawn just said the jackets completed and sent me a bunch of photos I won’t post all of them. Here’s a few. As I said not sure the sizing will work...but since this is a stock extra small it’s returnable. If that is the case it’s basically a test jacket and I’ll have a perfect base of numbers to size off of. I’m hoping I won’t have to and this fits as that saves time, money, and I really just want to wear it!
View attachment 316471 View attachment 316473
View attachment 316472

I REALLY dig this! That color is intense but in a good way. Can't wait to see fit pics. Is the collar black leather? Some photos it had a blue hue.

jonbuilder

Ha. Do it. I’ll proxy.

Honestly, I’ve never bought from Europe, other than one jacket direct from Monitor. I have sold a couple and sent them to Europe, again direct through TFL.
I have purchased a few vintage jackets from Europe two French 40s horsehide a nice German Healson and a vintage Cal racer from Monito who purchased it from the US and a San Francisco bred Ralphs Pugh from mintvintage. eBay is a US-based company, fair I am concerned anything on eBay is fair game. I ventured into Japan once and got burned. I also picked up some older 80s and 90s Aeros from the UK.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Recently bought an Aero Dustbowl from a fellow Fedora lounger. Really high hopes for that one. Also have my first board racer on the way (again, used) and a vintage Schott CR. Funny, because I only came to the forum to ask advice on a cross-zip (didn't care about other styles then), and now here I am.. Might have not been the best decision to join the forum as far as the wallet is concerned, haha.

Received the 70s Schott CR, which happened to be my first cafe racer as well. The condition is amazing for that age, the jacket fits like a glove, and the blackish brown hide is really beyond description. The jacket is not even broken in! My only qualm is the quilted lining, but maybe it could be replaced. Will try to post pictures at some point in this thread or another.

Before you get upset, I am joking :D

It would be nice if we could play by the same rules on that world market though. But that's on our government, not on you :)

Well I most certainly am not! I sent an email to Mintvintage AND eBay, demanding that they ban Americans from buying jackets from European market, explaining that they're, in fact, OUR jackets (I mean, Schott? Jozef Buegeleisen? Langlitz? Vanson?) and they agreed as it's the right thing to do. It's time we get our jackets back home, where they belong. You guys can keep GAP.

Well I most certainly am not! I sent an email to Mintvintage AND eBay, demanding that they ban Americans from buying jackets from European market, explaining that they're, in fact, OUR jackets (I mean, Schott? Jozef Buegeleisen? Langlitz? Vanson?) and they agreed as it's the right thing to do. It's time we get our jackets back home, where they belong. You guys can keep GAP.

AFBF3670-C8BE-433A-B652-08AC9941BE39.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto