Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Another California Sportswear on the way. This one is Horsehide with a pocket style I have not seen.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

This one is on route from Oregon

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The top one with the patch pocket would have proven too irresistible if I had seen it!

Just what I was thinking when I bought it. it had a very reasonable BIN with a $50 shipping and offer option. I made an very reasonable offer, but could not wait so I hit Buy. I have done this before. Why loose this very cool jacket for $35.

Looks to be in excellent condition.

I would like to know more about California Sportswear Company. Their jacket legacy going back to the 1930s in unequaled. They made all styles in all leathers, a huge catalog of jackets.

Schambach

Practically Family
Not sure where to put this, but this section seems the most appropriate. Purchased a jacket on ebay last week, a Schott HH cafe racer, or at least that's what it was advertised as. It came yesterday, I'm a bit confused, but overall pretty happy. It does have a Schott main zipper, but no other tags, etc. I'm thinking maybe it was relined? Maybe the zipper was replaced? The sleeve zippers are "universal". My knowledge of horsehide is pretty limited, but this does appear to be horsehide to me at least(the shine, the rolls on the sleeves, the grain), am I wrong? It's much lighter than the CXL FQHH on my Aero, but I think most leathers probably are. It does look a lot like the 641 HH, so maybe it's one of those, with a different liner? It's in great shape, and most importantly, I think it fits me pretty well. That part is the most surprising, as the sellers description was a bit um, cryptic... Anyway, here are some photos. Have a look and let me know what you all think.(apologies for the dirty mirror in the "selfie"!) IMG_0775.jpg IMG_0776.jpg IMG_0777.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 472
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 486
Not sure where to put this, but this section seems the most appropriate. Purchased a jacket on ebay last week, a Schott HH cafe racer, or at least that's what it was advertised as. It came yesterday, I'm a bit confused, but overall pretty happy. It does have a Schott main zipper, but no other tags, etc. I'm thinking maybe it was relined? Maybe the zipper was replaced? The sleeve zippers are "universal". My knowledge of horsehide is pretty limited, but this does appear to be horsehide to me at least(the shine, the rolls on the sleeves, the grain), am I wrong? It's much lighter than the CXL FQHH on my Aero, but I think most leathers probably are. It does look a lot like the 641 HH, so maybe it's one of those, with a different liner? It's in great shape, and most importantly, I think it fits me pretty well. That part is the most surprising, as the sellers description was a bit um, cryptic... Anyway, here are some photos. Have a look and let me know what you all think.(apologies for the dirty mirror in the "selfie"!) View attachment 316829 View attachment 316831 View attachment 316832

Huh! Never seen Schott racer quite like this. Fits & looks great, though.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My FL is done. I just need to decide if I am doing two or four collar snaps before it goes in the mail!
View attachment 316703
wow, the front is clean all pocket with sealing welt, no epaulette, but it has 4 straps on the side, got a feeling there is party on the back. congrats!!

def not 4 in my feeling... maybe none maybe 2, the position of the snap can change how big, how high or low you fold the lapel though. unless the jacket is in his size and he can send you pics with several positions to fold the lapel for you to choose from, I would ask for some snaps to install myself if I really want to after wearing it for a bit and knowing where the ideal lapel fold is for that jacket.

saw the back pic... the back is super clean too, those straps is the highlight on this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner